Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭rubick

B*witched are back again lads, someone should probably jot that down.
    Why do I have a memory of them being on a recent Picnic line-up in that Throwback area?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I might definitely go to that (The Pixies), have never seen them live so that would be amazing. :)

Sold out BD so hope you grabbed tickets. If so, see you there.

rubick wrote: »
    B*witched are back again lads, someone should probably jot that down.
    Why do I have a memory of them being on a recent Picnic line-up in that Throwback area?

This year or last year I think. Mucker is the best source for that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

My goodness I'd shat myself with excitement if this happened!!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

Fatfrog wrote: »
    My goodness I'd shat myself with excitement if this happened!!

They were unbelievable at Oxegen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Sold out BD so hope you grabbed tickets. If so, see you there.

Was expecting money transferred to my bank but it didn't happen as yet so was skint and couldn't afford a ticket.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Reded

By the sounds of it from last night’s gig in Roisin Dubh - King Kong company will be main staging at festivals next year..!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭endainoz

Reded wrote: »
    By the sounds of it from last night’s gig in Roisin Dubh - King Kong company will be main staging at festivals next year..!

I'd still prefer to see them in a big fcukin tent. (As they like to say themselves!) They have been getting great praise from their latest tour alright, they deserve every bit of it too. They have done so well for a group with little or no mainstream airplay. I always take great pride in converting friends who have never seen them before.

endainoz wrote: »
    I'd still prefer to see them in a big fcukin tent. (As they like to say themselves!) They have been getting great praise from their latest tour alright, they deserve every bit of it too. They have done so well for a group with little or no mainstream airplay. I always take great pride in converting friends who have never seen them before.

Yes! I fear the same vibe will be lost on main stage but fair “fcukin’” play to them! The gig was brilliant and I too had a few converts with me last night! Good luck to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I know I’m in the minority here on King Kong company but just don’t get them at all.

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    I know I’m in the minority here on King Kong company but just don’t get them at all.

Not for everyone for sure! I’ve two friends I can’t convince but sure each to his own!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Did they say they were going to be on the main stage or were they so fantastic they deserve to be on the main stage?
    I could see them on the main stage, they pack ep whenever they play.

Did they say they were going to be on the main stage or were they so fantastic they deserve to be on the main stage?
    I could see them on the main stage, they pack ep whenever they play.

They alluded to the fact that next year they would be playing main stages at festivals! It sounded like they were done with smaller gigs & they thanked all fans for being there on their way up!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Theyre not great to listen to or in a pub/indoor venue, but their crazy live shows work really well in a festival. Particularly at the magic hour just after dinner and daytime worthy acts, but before the big stomping headliners.
    Reded wrote: »
    They alluded to the fact that next year they would be playing main stages at festivals! It sounded like they were done with smaller gigs & they thanked all fans for being there on their way up!

They played the mainstage in body and soul last year. Does that not count?

IMO theyre a good fun festival band, but not headliner material

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Mucker46

This year or last year I think. Mucker is the best source for that stage.

Just to be clear i know about this stage as a friend of the wife is heavily involved throughbher job at electric ireland. Bwitched were 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Just to be clear i know about this stage as a friend of the wife is heavily involved throughbher job at electric ireland. Bwitched were 2018

Yeah right, you love a bit of double denim.

Same here. They do nothing for me.

Was expecting money transferred to my bank but it didn't happen as yet so was skint and couldn't afford a ticket.

If I hear of any more being released I'll let you know. A pal is coming over from England for the gig. If he doesn't make it then you've got first option on the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

musically they're pretty ****, and the lead guy seems like a knob, but they're a bit of energy at festivals to get the party going I suppose. A bit like Le Galaxie and Le Boom, although those have a few decent tunes IMO.

that said, their shtick is wearing pretty thin now. i've only seen them at festivals over the last few years and it has basically been the same thing each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Does anyone know if the payment for the instalment was taken out today yet? I misplaced my card and had to put a freeze on it, but then remembered that the payment was being taken today so i unfreezed it, but not sure if they have already tried to take payment yet. I might give them a call later just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,220 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

andreac wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the payment for the instalment was taken out today yet? I misplaced my card and had to put a freeze on it, but then remembered that the payment was being taken today so i unfreezed it, but not sure if they have already tried to take payment yet. I might give them a call later just in case.

Mine hasn't gone out yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Mine hasn't gone out yet....

Ok great. Hopefully my card will be ok then. Thanks

Caught Lloyd Cole at the Róisín last night. Decent acoustic set with his guitarist from the Commotions. Surprising that we’ve never seen him in Stradbally, either solo or with any of his various bands.

See also Squeeze, James, Heaven 17, Wire, SLF & Supergrass. Any of those would greatly enhance my EP 2020.

Caught Lloyd Cole at the Róisín last night. Decent acoustic set with his guitarist from the Commotions. Surprising that we’ve never seen him in Stradbally, either solo or with any of his various bands.

See also Squeeze, James, Heaven 17, Wire, SLF & Supergrass. Any of those would greatly enhance my EP 2020.

Taking a year off touring from this autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

When do EP tickets go on general sale? Missed the loyalty sale so want to put a reminder in my phone to make sure I definitely don't miss the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'd say the people who were at Dolan's or the Roisin shows would disagree with you saying they are no good for indoor shows.

They might need some new material all the same. Seem to have gotten a lot of new fans over the last couple of years, need to keep them. Best of luck to them, the Irish music industry podcast (hosted by Mark, certainly not a knob in my opinion) is well worth a listen also.

DJ Shadow doing a run of European shows to support the new album, as expected - sadly the dates so far are in February. No Irish gig listed yet bit more dates are TBA. Would expect a Dublin show at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

I have a few friends that don't get them either, they just don't like the music, but they have to admit their shows are brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Mucker46

andreac wrote: »

Installment payment taken today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

When do EP tickets go on general sale? Missed the loyalty sale so want to put a reminder in my phone to make sure I definitely don't miss the next one!

I don't think we know.
    Last year it was in December because there was a VAT rate increase in January that they wanted to avoid. In previous years it was early March, and the first announcement of acts followed shortly after it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement