Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭rubick

Been mildly optimistic about still getting a Glastonbury ticket having failed in the coach and main sales but starting to suspect we won't be there. Looked at the off-site glamping options, last year's prices (including ticket) were from £3-4k so add at least a grand to that for this year. You could buy a car for that ffs. Resale or bust I guess. I just know King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard will be there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

rubick wrote: »
    Looked at the off-site glamping options, last year's prices (including ticket) were from £3-4k .

That’s the price for an environmentally unsound but deeply enjoyable far flung luxury* 2 week holiday for two.

*i have low expectations of luxury.

Oh aye, you could get a lovely B&B in Letterkenny for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Anyone catch Bodega on the Sunday evening? Their Shiny New Model single is a proper earworm.

Bodega were great. A bit weird but great craic, really nice sound. I must listen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Yea Bodega were really good. Great energy off them, especially the drummer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Yea Bodega were really good. Great energy off them, especially the drummer!

Was a cracking set. Followed by Parquet Courts who were excellent. Missed Courtney Barnett as we went to Michael Kiwanuka.

Was a cracking set. Followed by Parquet Courts who were excellent. Missed Courtney Barnett as we went to Michael Kiwanuka.

With due respect to Michael, I feel that was the wrong choice, Pablo. Courtney made my weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Went to a bands fc exhibition today. Take bands and incorporate them into football team crests. Try ti link rhem by where they from, songvtitles, names lije bands etc. Picked up a few badges.

Went to a bands fc exhibition today. Take bands and incorporate them into football team crests. Try ti link rhem by where they from, songvtitles, names lije bands etc. Picked up a few badges.

And a few more

• Advertisement

Saw this bodhrandude and thought of you

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Plush289

Picture This just announced gigs in Independent Park and Malahide. We should be safe for another year at EP so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Nick Cave announced a European tour (including Dublin in May!) so ruled out too, you'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Nick Cave announced a European tour (including Dublin in May!) so ruled out too, you'd imagine.

Booked with Aiken - ATN if anything

• Subscribers Posts: 41,220 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

his latest album is so hard hitting.... i cried !

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

sydthebeat wrote: »
    his latest album is so hard hitting.... i cried !

I'm scared to listen to be honest. Dawn Chorus by Thom Yorke (with or without the visuals) nearly broke me in two and it took me a few days to bounce back after wacthing One More Time with Feeling. I don't even remember leaving the cinema afterwards.

I need to ready myself for listening to the latest album I feel.

On the subject of Thom, Dublin not on his latest schedule. Maybe that's a good sign for a solo run at a festival in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm scared to listen to be honest. Dawn Chorus by Thom Yorke (with or without the visuals) nearly broke me in two and it took me a few days to bounce back after wacthing One More Time with Feeling. I don't even remember leaving the cinema afterwards.

I need to ready myself for listening to the latest album I feel.

On the subject of Thom, Dublin not on his latest schedule. Maybe that's a good sign for a solo run at a festival in Ireland?

Yeah, you'd need a pretty emotionally stable day for either of the last two Nick Cave releases. :eek:

As for Thom, I reckon he's just skipping us entirely, sadly. He just doesn't play here often.

Radiohead played the 3Arena in 2017 - first show since 2008; and I don't think Thom has ever played here solo.

He is doing a few festivals so we can hope but I just reckon it's a no-go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Yeah, you'd need a pretty emotionally stable day for either of the last two Nick Cave releases. :eek:

As for Thom, I reckon he's just skipping us entirely, sadly. He just doesn't play here often.

Radiohead played the 3Arena in 2017 - first show since 2008; and I don't think Thom has ever played here solo.

He is doing a few festivals so we can hope but I just reckon it's a no-go again.

I blame Bono! Thom probably can't set toe in Ireland without Bono wanting a meet up. :-)

Pearl Jam in Europe next year lads.
    https://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-rumored-summer-2020-tour-revealed/
    Too big for Stradbally? Wrong demographic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

One of the best gigs i've ever been to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Perfect for EP, organisers just need to get the finger out and start getting in more hard rock acts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Been mildly optimistic about still getting a Glastonbury ticket having failed in the coach and main sales but starting to suspect we won't be there. Looked at the off-site glamping options, last year's prices (including ticket) were from £3-4k so add at least a grand to that for this year. You could buy a car for that ffs. Resale or bust I guess. I just know King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard will be there this year.

Happy to try for you in the resale Rubick. Will be up to try for a couple of pals who also missed out. Ask a few others to help and get the numbers on your side.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Bodega were great. A bit weird but great craic, really nice sound. I must listen to that.

On the BBC6 playlist all week. Addictive.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    On the BBC6 playlist all week. Addictive.

Yeah, I had a listen, very good. I had the fear when they arrived on stage, I thought they might be a bit art house for me but they were really engaging. Impossible not to get caught up in it all. I'd definitely go see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

It's a long time since Pearl Jam have been in Ireland, I vaguely remember they were upset or had a fall out something to do with money or felt ticket prices are a complete RIP off in Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Caught Sinead O'Connor in Galway on Thursday night. Astonishing. Great new band and she was really enjoying herself. Fair chance of an EP return I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

Bodega a solid highlight for me. Sunday was amazing, Johnny, Richard, Bodega, PQ and Courtney Barnett.

Bodega properly captivated me. That drummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kg703

Caught King Kong Company in the Button Factory tonight. Great gig.

Interestingly they were thanking the crowd and said it was thanks to them they'd be playing the main stages at all their festivals in 2020.

Finally getting the well deserved upgrade!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

Fatfrog wrote: »
    It's a long time since Pearl Jam have been in Ireland, I vaguely remember they were upset or had a fall out something to do with money or felt ticket prices are a complete RIP off in Ireland??

2011/2012? They played Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement