Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Installment payment taken today

Thanks. Mine was actually taken yest eve and my card was ok so all went through fine thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I was so annoyed about the loyalty debacle I signed up for the 17k run. One of my more silly decisions in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Mucker46

BigMo1 wrote: »
    I was so annoyed about the loyalty debacle I signed up for the 17k run. One of my more silly decisions in recent times.

You will feel all the better for it (honest i swear you will)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

You will feel all the better for it (honest i swear you will)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Bon Iver already playing Dublin next May. Would be surprised to see them back again so soon after that but those dates certainly suggest it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

Bon Iver already playing Dublin next May. Would be surprised to see them back again so soon after that but those dates certainly suggest it's possible.

Possible, but improbable. They would be amazing, but are they a step away from the direction EP has being headed with headliners recently?

Foals touring there new album next year some european dates before summer but not many yet. Good chance of them appearing at EP i would say. Editors greatest hits out maybe them also but not that long since they appeared so may be too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Gang Starr likely to tour next year to promote the album. EP surely favourites if they're playing late Summer.

Foals touring there new album next year some european dates before summer but not many yet. Good chance of them appearing at EP i would say. Editors greatest hits out maybe them also but not that long since they appeared so may be too soon.

Those two new Foals albums are absolutely dreadful, I think. Was a big fan back in the day but now I'd have no hesitation skipping them if they were on at a festival.

That said, I am surprised they've not played EP in so long. Ideal main stage act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

Those two new Foals albums are absolutely dreadful, I think. Was a big fan back in the day but now I'd have no hesitation skipping them if they were on at a festival.

That said, I am surprised they've not played EP in so long. Ideal main stage act.

They're great live. I saw them a couple of years ago at the Marquee and it was great fun. They'd be class at about 6pm on a Sunday evening on the main stage, really get the crowd lifted for the night's shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

bit rash there BBN

i prefer the old stuff too but they are a fabulous live band,
    i've seen them about half a dozen times now
    you couldnt miss Two steps twice, their standard closer for years!

Davy, they would be headliners without a doubt

cheers

bit rash there BBN

cheers

Have seen them three times myself and always enjoyed. I'd just be wary of a setlist dominated by the new records.

I'll put it this way - before this year, I'd have always said Foals were worth seeing ahead of almost any other band. After releasing two weak albums, I'd now weigh up the clash a lot more! Still a strong chance I'd be at Foals admittedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thought both new albums were pretty good myself.
    some filler on both, but that's basically the way with every Foals album IMO, they've never made a truly great album.
    if they whittled the 2 albums down to one it could have been brilliant. both are about 7/10 IMO.

saw them in Trinity in July and they were great.

I think they've been promoted by MCD for a good few years now, so I'd say there's a good chance they're at EP if they're still touring into the end of the summer.

Thought the first was pretty decent second not as strong (admittedly not a lot of listens for second one so far) saw them at trinity this year and the back catalogue with the stronger new stuff made for a very enjoyable show. Woul happily see them at EP.
    On a separate note yonaka gig end november postponed until February when they doing a small run of irish gigs. Recommend going if you can.

bit rash there BBN

cheers

They've played EP three times, sub-headliners last time. They were heading on the same upwards trajectory as Florence and Tame Impala but seem to have been a little left behind. They'd be headliners at EP but may never headline Glasto now, probably top act one night on the Other Stage next June. They remain a great live act though.

thought both new albums were pretty good myself.
    some filler on both, but that's basically the way with every Foals album IMO, they've never made a truly great album.
    if they whittled the 2 albums down to one it could have been brilliant. both are about 7/10 IMO.

saw them in Trinity in July and they were great.

I think they've been promoted by MCD for a good few years now, so I'd say there's a good chance they're at EP if they're still touring into the end of the summer.

Maybe not but I adore the debut album. Red Socks Pugie, Olympic Airways & Two Steps, Twice still get played at most lengthy shows. They've hugely improved as a live band since then but as recording artists I don't think they've ever matched that great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Maybe not but I adore the debut album. Red Socks Pugie, Olympic Airways & Two Steps, Twice still get played at most lengthy shows. They've hugely improved as a live band since then but as recording artists I don't think they've ever matched that great start.

I don't get the hype around them tbh. Saw them at EP14 on the friday and they were good. Then saw them at 3 arena and was horrendous. They have some standout songs but continuously fail to build on albums. Talk of them headlining glasto which is astounding.

I think that they've leaned more into the live sound on the albums and that it has produced worsening results. Im not as interested in the heavier stuff that is dominating the recent albums so just less bothered by the whole thing; it's all quite repetitive I think.

Again, saw them live and enjoyed it but when a band puts out albums I'm not into, I'm just less likely to chase them up in a packed festival.

Their highlights are still off the first two albums as far as I'm concerned - it's been almost a decade since Total Life Forever now so that's four albums worth of tracks that I'm not as keen on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I think that they've leaned more into the live sound on the albums and that it has produced worsening results. Im not as interested in the heavier stuff that is dominating the recent albums so just less bothered by the whole thing; it's all quite repetitive I think.

Again, saw them live and enjoyed it but when a band puts out albums I'm not into, I'm just less likely to chase them up in a packed festival.

Their highlights are still off the first two albums as far as I'm concerned - it's been almost a decade since Total Life Forever now so that's four albums worth of tracks that I'm not as keen on!!

Was never a massive Foals fan from what I heard but picked up the first two albums on vinyl for cheap and they've impressed me enough to see them live at a festival when I get a chance to.

• Advertisement

Anyone catch Whenyoung in Stradbally? Playing the Róisín Dubh this weekend and very tempted. Supported by another Limerick act Sinéad O'Brien who also played EP and is getting much hype recently. Any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Anyone catch Whenyoung in Stradbally? Playing the Róisín Dubh this weekend and very tempted. Supported by another Limerick act Sinéad O'Brien who also played EP and is getting much hype recently. Any feedback?

Didn't catch them this year, Seathrun but myself and Mucker both saw them at Other Voices and again at the Earthship stage in Body and Soul the year before. I'm not mad on all their stuff but they were great live.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Didn't catch them this year, Seathrun but myself and Mucker both saw them at Other Voices and again at the Earthship stage in Body and Soul the year before. I'm not mad on all their stuff but they were great live.

That's a good enough recommendation for me. The support act Sinead O'Brien (a dead ringer for Sarah Silverman) has even more of a buzz going in the UK press. That increases and she's got a bigger slot next year.

That's a good enough recommendation for me. The support act Sinead O'Brien (a dead ringer for Sarah Silverman) has even more of a buzz going in the UK press. That increases and she's got a bigger slot next year.

She played Alltogethernow this year but I neither saw her nor heard a word about her strangely.

On Whenyoung, being from Limerick themselves, they played a version of Dreams by the Cranberries that year. Dolores wasn't long gone. It was pretty special. I know it's a regular cover of theirs but it was pretty poignant that evening. The Other Voices tent had some lovely moments in it's time.

As stillill42 said saw them last year and really like their album. Only gave thwm a miss this year as clashed with a certain mr marr. Would recommend seeing them they are good live.

Anyone seen fat white family live. Going to London early december for work and checking out gig possibilities and they are playing that week. They sound alright wondering what like live.

As stillill42 said saw them last year and really like their album. Only gave thwm a miss this year as clashed with a certain mr marr. Would recommend seeing them they are good live.

Anyone seen fat white family live. Going to London early december for work and checking out gig possibilities and they are playing that week. They sound alright wondering what like live.

Superb when they played the Picnic in 2015. They're playing in Dalston which is also a great area for going out in. Shoreditch only ten mins by bus for an even later night out.

You won't get many better gigs that week. Go.

Superb when they played the Picnic in 2015. They're playing in Dalston which is also a great area for going out in. Shoreditch only ten mins by bus for an even later night out.

You won't get many better gigs that week. Go.

Thanks seathrun. Also thinking of going to Haydon Thorpe (ex wild beasts). Dont know his solo stuff but liked wild beasts.

Thanks seathrun. Also thinking of going to Haydon Thorpe (ex wild beasts). Dont know his solo stuff but liked wild beasts.

Hadn't heard he was doing anything but love his falsetto and they were a band that should have been a lot bigger. Just seen that he's playing Cecil Sharp House in Camden, a lovely old venue with a lot of history behind it. I used to live in the house next door at 39 Gloucester Avenue back in the Britpop-era early 1990s. All the bands used to drink in our local pubs. Heady days. For them not me. Say hello to the area for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Tenacious D playing 3ARENA 10th of Feb, good craic live act, would love if they could make it back for EP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement