Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boys - Amazon Prime Original - (**Spoilers**) (No Comic Spoilers!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

spookwoman wrote: »
    Just watched ep 6 and only The boys would have a sup
    with a giant f*cking dick as a weapon
    :D

He's called Love Sausage according to the credits...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭setanta1000

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    I've just started watching this and it's f*cking brilliant. Easily of the best things I've seen in awhile. The cast is great, the writing is great. I love how it's flipped the superhero genre on its head, because if you had unlimited power what's to say you would be 100% morally good?

I agree that this is one of the best shows i have seen in a long time; in particular Anthony Starr as Homelander is a great character and well acted.

I was always struck by the Lord Acton quote "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" and this show / comic takes that premise as an absolute truth. I presume we will see the "good" Starlight continue to be more and more morally compromised as the show goes on (I haven't read the comics so I could be waaay off!)

Anyway - great show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I think it's safe to say that Homelander, Frenchie and Mothers Milk are carrying this show. I thoroughly enjoyed this weeks episode and it was entirely down to them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

CastorTroy wrote: »

Honestly, that sounds terrible; I've not much interest in a "horny teens" show at the best of times - let alone one mixed in the world of The Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭golfball37

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say that Homelander, Frenchie and Mothers Milk are carrying this show. I thoroughly enjoyed this weeks episode and it was entirely down to them.

A conclusion I came to myself after latest episode, don’t care much for Hughie or Butcher at all. Frenchie is a great character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's only after what Stormfront said that made me wonder
    did she have anything to do with A-Train being kicked out of the team?

Also wonder if there's
    something in the Fresca drink. It's their version of drinking the Kool-Aid.
    Iceman now has fire powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Given this week's reveal
    I think Stormfront is Voights real boss and Mr. Edgar is just the front man. What's better than a neo-nazi as a bad guy, a full blown Nazi as the bad guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Would this make Stormfront the first
    Feminazi?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

gandalf wrote: »
    Given this week's reveal
    I think Stormfront is Voights real boss and Mr. Edgar is just the front man. What's better than a neo-nazi as a bad guy, a full blown Nazi as the bad guy!

Yea. Seems like it. Just finished watching the latest episode and she is playing Homelander like a fiddle

Amazing show. Love MM's t-shirts btw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

The guy playing lamplighter fought someone who could control fire in the X-Men movies.

Frenchie was very good in the most recent episode. Starlight, Butcher and Hughie are a bit meh.

Orinoco flow!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

That poor bank robber in the alley, that is some fkd up way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

delly wrote: »

Pretty quick really

I'm not so gone on Ep-6, just wasn't feeling it maybe. I agree with some others though that Hughie and Butcher have just become filler to me, they're not interesting and when they're on screen I honestly feel like ffwding. Same with Starlight, which really doesn't help as
    they are now together as a team and that is just as irritating as I'd imagined

On Stormfront:
    Why is she so afraid of HL? she seems to equal his powers, I mean he could laser her t!ts without any harm done! An act perhaps?

delly wrote: »

Could've been worse. Homelander could've held onto him and waited until after he and Stormfront were done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Have to say I'm really enjoying season 2, probably best 'superhero' related TV I've watched since the Watchmen series. I've also just started watching Doom Patrol and I'm finding it hard to get into because I keep comparing it to The Boys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I wonder is Stormfront Homelander's mother? Messed up I know, but hey it's The Boys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

More supes, less of the boys. The boys are a bit boring, supe civil war is much more interesting.

Have to say I'm really enjoying season 2, probably best 'superhero' related TV I've watched since the Watchmen series. I've also just started watching Doom Patrol and I'm finding it hard to get into because I keep comparing it to The Boys

Doom Patrol is messed up in a completely different way. It's great.

Meant to say, I saw amazon released a new series on Friday and released it all at once. Does make me think they only made The Boys weekly because they know it's successful and wanted to be sure people stay subscribed.
    Only 2 episodes left anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

More supes, less of the boys. The boys are a bit boring, supe civil war is much more interesting.

I want same here, wish they'd condense the boy's scenes and give us more of the villains Heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

The character of Butcher just seems so redundant compared to the source material, yet they're trying to force him into the same role without any of the relevant context that made it work so well....so he's become incredibly boring.

I enjoy the show and who wouldn't watch it for Homelander but it's getting increasingly completely daft that "The Boys" can consistently evade a team of insanely powerful Superheroes, law enforcement, etc while constantly being out and about strolling around, generally making zero effort to conceal their identities.

That made much more sense in the source material because they could - and do - take on the supes directly, even though they still sort of fly by night mostly because someone like Homelander or Black Noir are too powerful for a direction confrontation.

It doesn't make any sense in the show though that they just regularly freely wander around in public. It was fine in the first season but at this stage it doesn't really work for me anymore.

Also, specifically the latest episode, again I enjoyed it but I thought the whole Stormfront angle was a bit rushed....though unsure if she's being sincere or playing Homelander like a fine fiddle towards some other nefarious end.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can't be the only one finding this season a struggle..

.. it's a bit all over the place to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I enjoyed this week's episode. Got a good laugh out of
    M.M.'s unfortunate encounter

I really like the actress who plays Mallory. She carries the role well. Interested to see where it goes with them and Lamplighter. Also looks like there's trouble in store for Elena and Maeve.

Still thinking the big reveal in the season finale will be that Stormfront is Homelander's mother.

Speaking of concealing identities, The Boys are one thing but the fact Starlight is rarely recognised is less believable. I know she's out of uniform but she not that different.
    And how dare she do that to Randy Disher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

brevity wrote: »
    The guy playing lamplighter fought someone who could control fire in the X-Men movies.

His brother wasn't it?

The MM being strangled bit was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"Who are your friends?"

"We aint his friends, go ahead fcuk his ass up..."

Lol'd at that line :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.6: Woah! Cindy! My new contender for who's gonna end up taking out Stormfront!
    At the end scene.. like I knew they were building it up so I genuinely didn't know what Homelander would choose. He's still one of the contenders against Stormfront for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Slydice wrote: »
    2.6: Woah! Cindy! My new contender for who's gonna end up taking out Stormfront!
    At the end scene.. like I knew they were building it up so I genuinely didn't know what Homelander would choose. He's still one of the contenders against Stormfront for me though.

We now know who popped Raynor's head. Will be interesting to see where it goes with her because is not going to go back into a locked room again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

spookwoman wrote: »
    We now know who popped Raynor's head. Will be interesting to see where it goes with her because is not going to go back into a locked room again.

:eek: It never even occured to me! Good spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I wanted to write a post to say how much I love the soundtrack so far of this series. I thought before that Guardians of the Galaxy 1 had the best soundtrack - at least of any action or superhero film I had ever seen.

The Boys blows that out of the water. It’s not just a great soundtrack.its also how the music ties into the story or characters. Like Hughie loving Billy Joel. It’s easily starting to be the best soundtrack of any series or movie I’ve ever seen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Anyone else think The Boys were cribbing from Stranger Things with that one inmate in episode 6? Hard to imagine how 11 wasn't in the forefront of their minds. Only difference was age.

Stormfront's background finally confirmed eh, and ultimately not deviating from the comics that much. As if previous episodes weren't hint enough, the writers really put punctuation on who Stormfront is analogous to in real life, with the word drop of "culture" in her speech

Once again, Frenchie and MM the true protagonists of The Boys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭emo72

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    I wanted to write a post to say how much I love the soundtrack so far of this series. I thought before that Guardians of the Galaxy 1 had the best soundtrack - at least of any action or superhero film I had ever seen.

The Boys blows that out of the water. It’s not just a great soundtrack.its also how the music ties into the story or characters. Like Hughie loving Billy Joel. It’s easily starting to be the best soundtrack of any series or movie I’ve ever seen.

and the title of the billy joel album that hughie is listening to? storm front!

Advertisement