Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boys - Amazon Prime Original - (**Spoilers**) (No Comic Spoilers!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lick my big black balls Butcher
    has to the line of that episode.

Great one tied up a lot of loose ends, the only problem is when is the next season out!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

gandalf wrote: »
    Lick my big black balls Butcher
    has to the line of that episode.

Great one tied up a lot of loose ends, the only problem is when is the next season out!!!!!

That and
    Butcher "Remember what I told ya"
    Ryan "Don't be a c*nt."

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Thought that was an excellent end to the season. Really looking forward to what they will do with season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

ok, let finish the spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Penn wrote: »
    She's still alive. Homelander in the press conference was talking about how she's locked up in a secure facility and will be punished etc..

Nah, not necessarily. Optics, as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Could Ryan be more powerful than his daddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sub Australian for Irish...

5o8ebmcwjsr51.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

To get such a rewarding finale in this day and age is very satisfying. I agree with pretty much all that has been said, but the LAW opener was a great kickoff to the hilarity that would ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Good ending
    What’s going on with all the spoilers in the thread, makes terrible reading on the phone
    Surely nobody would pop in here unless they were up to date with the episodes

You would think so but never underestimate the stupid whinger factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This show is literally perfect for me. I said to my wife as Frenchy, MM, Kimiko were crowding around Becca that I love all of the characters.

Homelander is Joffrey level evil looking. Just his face alone makes you hate him. But bizarrely he showed a soft side in the finale when trying to calm Ryan down. So confusing with that guy. He has some shred of humanity but is also so close to killing everyone.

My heart was in my mouth for several scenes as I knew there was going to be some heartache.

The Deep continues to make me laugh. His little side stories are brilliant.

Love this show. It’s right now one of my favourite shows of all time. If it maintains this quality and doesn’t go on for too long then it’ll remain one of my favourites.

• Advertisement

It was brilliant....
    i remember for the Game of thrones episodes, I would download them monday morning and watch before work.... This Show, gave me the same buzz...

I will miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

GSPfan wrote: »
    Homelander is Joffrey level evil looking. Just his face alone makes you hate him. But bizarrely he showed a soft side in the finale when trying to calm Ryan down. So confusing with that guy. He has some shred of humanity but is also so close to killing everyone.

It could have been one his chance at redemption.
    You could genuinely see he cared for his son and wanted him to have a better upbringing than he did.
    I did feel that calling his son the little "****" was out of place in that scene at the end. I mean even he looked at Stormfront when she was on about white genocide etc like wtf woman.

but again, I think I asked this in this thread before... maybe the comic book readers will know..
    Vaught can´t predict what powers people get... how was homelander created?

accident?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

What a show. A solid 2 seasons of epic entertainment and something I could never see Netflix produce.

Great finale and many levels. One of the things I’ve pondered the past few episodes is if Butcher is secretly harbouring superpowers.

Loved the reveal behind the heads exploding. Master stroke of genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

This is my only gripe with this show, basically you can be pretty sure the entire core cast is safe from being killed off. That aside I really enjoyed season 2. Pity it was only 8 episodes, seems like tv shows are getting shorter and shorter these days. Soon 6 episodes a season will be the norm

I’d say the opposite, shows made on Netflix and Amazon are too long, they pad them out for run time. I watched monsterland and at the end of the season I realised every episode could have been cut to half the run time. It’s better to feel too short than too long. There’s enough going on in the Boys that it’s not dragging.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Im not sure homelander actually cares too much for his son but just knows he will be better having him on his side than having him as an enemy.The son could grow up to be as powerful as Homelander and he needs him onside.

If he can control the son from an early age there is nothing to really stop homelander.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Im not sure homelander actually cares too much for his son but just knows he will be better having him on his side than having him as an enemy.The son could grow up to be as powerful as Homelander and he needs him onside.

If he can control the son from an early age there is nothing to really stop homelander.

It's not just that. Homelander needs to feel loved and sons should love their dads. He doesn't especially love the child but he still wants to be loved by him. To feel important and needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

but again, I think I asked this in this thread before... maybe the comic book readers will know..
    Vaught can´t predict what powers people get... how was homelander created?

accident?

Starlight, they approached her parents, homelander was raised in a lab but they didn’t like the personality results. Look at the number of babies in the facility and the number of prisoners at the facility most which had rubbish powers. They’ve been doing this since ww2. Clearly they have no issue using numbers and ditching unwanted results.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh wow I hated that reveal of who the head 'sploder was; a good example of a twist done for twist's sake, with zero clues that it could have ever been that person. The opposite in fact: I'd need to re-watch the Congress scene cos it makes no sense as
    we see Neumann visibly terrified, confused and flailing about, while when she reveals herself it shows her eyes clouding over in the physical effort
    . The two scenes kinda contradict each other too much. Just stretched credulity too far into arbitrary "shocking twist!" territory.

Other than that it was an ok finale. Nothing special with nothing really resolved all that much. Kinda left me feeling like there wasn't much point to the season in terms of direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh wow I hated that reveal of who the head 'sploder was; a good example of a twist done for twist's sake, with zero clues that it could have ever been that person.

Saw elsewhere that in the first episode when the CIA woman's head is exploded,
    the next scene cuts to the first appearance of Neumann, specifically a picture of her on 4 TV monitors where her head is on one screen and her body on the screens below. Likely the only indication it was her.

• Advertisement

For the comic book readers I heard
    what Butcher does with the kid is different. Is that true?[\spoiler]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh wow I hated that reveal of who the head 'sploder was; a good example of a twist done for twist's sake, with zero clues that it could have ever been that person. The opposite in fact: I'd need to re-watch the Congress scene cos it makes no sense as
    we see Neumann visibly terrified, confused and flailing about, while when she reveals herself it shows her eyes clouding over in the physical effort
    . The two scenes kinda contradict each other too much. Just stretched credulity too far into arbitrary "shocking twist!" territory.

Other than that it was an ok finale. Nothing special with nothing really resolved all that much. Kinda left me feeling like there wasn't much point to the season in terms of direction.

Yeah I thought it was a bit of a crap reveal, almost like they just decided it should be her before making this episode. As she looked petrified in court, of course this was her cover they'll say but something about it seems thrown together, they needed some way into t ethird season so let's just throw |Hughie in her direction

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Enjoyed the season, the guy who plays homelander is excellent.

On the final reveal, I dunno, thought it was fairly stupid that she survived the head explosions scene so thought something was up. Not sure why she's letting the boys survive though.

I never realised Butcher was supposed to be English till I came in here, always thought he was supposed to be Kiwi or Aussie!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.8: Woah! what a crazy episode. Billy giving some real Benicio Del Toro from Sicario vibes in some scenes.

What a way for
    Stormfront to go. Not entirely sure she doesn't have regeneration powers. She kinda looked a bit Anakin Skywalker there.

Had half spotted that
    the killer wasn't Cindy over the last episodes. I'm guessing she might be a not-generated-by-Vought Super Villian level.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

binged season 2 the last few days. fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

For the comic book readers I heard
    what Butcher does with the kid is different. Is that true?[\spoiler]
    The baby kills his wife by ripping its way out her belly. Butcher then bashes it's brains in with a frying pan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

There's a good spoiler filled article below about the finale and gives some of their thinking/plans for season 3. Seems to reference some possible comic related plot lines too as well as a new character so be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

With regards the big reveal, if you watch the end of episode 7 again...
    you can see the Congresswoman looking at people whose heads pop. It's most noticeable when she sits back at the end of the room and two more heads explode. I would say in hindsight it was a decent clue. Also the fact that she survived it should have raised questions. I'm annoyed at myself for not picking up on that.

One other thing I'd say is I feel the decision to drop the episodes weekly was ultimately vindicated. I never had a problem with it in the first place, but we wouldn't have cared as much about who was behind the events if they had just dumped the episodes in one go. I hope they go this route again.

The baby kills his wife by ripping its way out her belly. Butcher then bashes it's brains in with a frying pan

Jesus

Edit I know people iffy about accents but the scene between Butcher and his father really was a highlight this season for me. John Noble is really good at playing reprehensible *****.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yeah I thought it was a bit of a crap reveal, almost like they just decided it should be her before making this episode. As she looked petrified in court, of course this was her cover they'll say but something about it seems thrown together, they needed some way into t ethird season so let's just throw |Hughie in her direction

Kripke in the Variety article said they were dropping hints about her since the first episode of season 2

Advertisement