Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

Just logged into desktop and mobile app without issue.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Supercell wrote: »
    Is Degiro working for anyone this morning?, cannot log into mine or my wife's account on mobile app or web page. Nothing on the website to say its down for maintenance that I can see.

I can login now but it was down last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks guys, working here now too, phew!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

I bought shares on DeGiro- and now would like to set a Stop Limit or Stop Loss on some.

Is it possible to set this after buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Yeah you have to buy the stock first and the you can set up a stop loss. Just place a sell order for the same amount of shares you own, it will give you the option of picking stop loss or stop limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

I put through a sale earlier and although a notification came up saying the sale went through. The money from the sale is in the MMF but not available for me to trade with and the shares still show in my portfolio?

Have sent an email asking about it but has anyone come across this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Hit sell at market price which was 15.77 but sale went thru at 13.04, anyone know what thats about??

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

madalig12 wrote: »
    Hit sell at market price which was 15.77 but sale went thru at 13.04, anyone know what thats about??

Was the 15.77 a delayed quote?

Safer to use limit orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

outonawing wrote: »
    Was the 15.77 a delayed quote?

Safer to use limit orders.

I see that now like but no it wasnt delayed to that point an hour later they still didnt go down that far

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

I have money sitting as available to trade in my account, but when I try to place an order or withdraw it is saying there is insufficient funds available.
    I can see the value in the MMF but can't do anything with it at all.

Has anyone seen something similar before, not something I've come across before?

• Advertisement

lfc200 wrote: »
    I have money sitting as available to trade in my account, but when I try to place an order or withdraw it is saying there is insufficient funds available.
    I can see the value in the MMF but can't do anything with it at all.

Has anyone seen something similar before, not something I've come across before?

This happened me yesterday after selling some shares. The money sat in the MMF until after market close and then became available to me. Was quite frustrating at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

cc87 wrote: »
    This happened me yesterday after selling some shares. The money sat in the MMF until after market close and then became available to me. Was quite frustrating at the time.

Ya, I do wonder is the platform having a bit of a struggle at the moment with the amount of people signing up. Hopefully mine is the same as yours as frustrating as it is!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13 broccoli123

They do seem to be struggling at the moment. Last Thursday the deposit i did was returned to my bank account for no reason. Some delay on orders, errors etc. Hope they get their affairs in order soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Trying to set up account but my PTSB not recognising the IBAN...NL37DEUT0319825019..was entered correctly

Any ideas why?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

cizolin wrote: »
    Trying to set up account but my PTSB not recognising the IBAN...NL37DEUT0319825019..was entered correctly

Any ideas why?

I know with Ulster Bank it was not recognised as a standard transfer, it's classed as an International Transfer if you have that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Any ideas why?
    Are you sure using the right account? Now they have individual account with Flatex bank in Frankfurt Germany that starts with DExxxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Ya as far as I could see. That was the only IBAN I was given. My mate set up an account recently using it through PTSB...he got the German IBAN then afterwards, possibly the one you mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Henrys Grimey Paws

I've been trying to setup an account, deposited money as requested yesterday to their bank account. Got an email today saying account activated etc. Logged in and had to answer a few appropriateness questions, when I get to what I think is the last one I get an Internal Server Error when I click I understand.

Anyone seen this before? I can't access my account (or deposited money) as I cannot get past this screen. I've sent an email to DeGiro about it but haven't heard anything back. Have to say initial impressions aren't good!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Scrunch

Any ideas why?

Check the IBAN in the Degiro app. Choose the menu option - 'Deposit / withdraw' - Manual transfer to DEGIRO. This will show the correct IBAN.

When setting the transfer in PTSB make sure the country matches the NL or DE IBAN. I originally setup the Netherlands IBAN and more recently the Germany one, both from PTSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

For reference, DEGIRO have recently disabled the option to purchase most British investment trusts (including Scottish Mortgages which seems popular enough on boards).

They are claiming it is due to risk management but I don't find it very convincing as I can't see how they are taking more risk with this than with any other LLC on the LSX.

Some links:
    - https://www.reddit.com/r/irishpersonalfinance/comments/k58zx8/degiro_blocking_purchase_of_scottish_mortgage/
    - https://twitter.com/landetalberdi/status/1360895217566646272?s=21
    - https://twitter.com/taillarb/status/1361239025558896645?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Does anyone know how to view fees charged after shares are purchased? I recall seeing "Estimated DEGIRO Fees" and "Estimated Financial Transaction Tax" figures on the confirmation screen, but would like to know exactly what these were in the end.

VonLuck wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to view fees charged after shares are purchased? I recall seeing "Estimated DEGIRO Fees" and "Estimated Financial Transaction Tax" figures on the confirmation screen, but would like to know exactly what these were in the end.

In activity tab, under transactions it lists all transactions then on the right it has the total amount paid with the fee in smaller print under the total amount.

Or under Account Statement, it has the transaction fees listed separately for each transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭VonLuck

cc87 wrote: »
    In activity tab, under transactions it lists all transactions then on the right it has the total amount paid with the fee in smaller print under the total amount.

Or under Account Statement, it has the transaction fees listed separately for each transaction.

The Transactions tab doesn't appear to break down the Financial Transaction Tax, but the Account Statement lists each element individually which is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

On degiro.Im purchasing 10 shares in iag for 162.so i set the limit to just above 162 and instead of my total amount showing up in the euros box a figure of 18 shows instead.
    It should show 162 ×10 and in its euro equivalent.
    Can someone explain what Im doing wrong here?
    Every other share purchase went ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

richie123 wrote: »
    On degiro.Im purchasing 10 shares in iag for 162.so i set the limit to just above 162 and instead of my total amount showing up in the euros box a figure of 18 shows instead.
    It should show 162 ×10 and in its euro equivalent.
    Can someone explain what Im doing wrong here?
    Every other share purchase went ok.

UK shares are quoted in pence, 162 is £1.62 so €18 is roughly correct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Anyone having trouble with withdrawals?

2 days now, and normally it's next day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

i am a bit puzzled that there are not more complaints on here re degiro.
    perhaps there are not many members who actually inhabit boards'
    Since around New Year lots of S.P. s on my portfolio are out of kilter, with little updating of price changes. I need to assume they are wrong, and check the real price with Google, or Euronext.

Am I alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

rugbyman wrote: »
    Since around New Year lots of S.P. s on my portfolio are out of kilter, with little updating of price changes. I need to assume they are wrong, and check the real price with Google, or Euronext.

Am I alone?

I always found Degiro a little odd for montioring. There's a good few free apps that you can copy your portfolio into that gives you more analytics. I use Yahoo Finance, Wallmine is a good one too

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Max Q

rugbyman wrote: »

Am I alone?

Same here! Particularly bad for Irish prices. It's hard to get your head around it, some prices like Ryanair for example update reasonably close to the current price but some like Glanbia only update very sporadically - maybe once a week. I just keep an eye on Yahoo Finance for the real prices. UK and US stocks seem solid re price updating from the one's I'm looking at, no complaints there. It's very annoying as you say, as your portfolio value on Degiro is never truly accurate.

I've complained to Degiro about this issue but have been given the runaround.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I always found Degiro a little odd for montioring. There's a good few free apps that you can copy your portfolio into that gives you more analytics. I use Yahoo Finance, Wallmine is a good one too

I recommend using Yahoo Finance too. Its as close to real-time as you can get and you can also put your crypto into the portfolio too.

Advertisement