Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Anyone know why BP.L (ISIN: gb0007980591) dividend is paid in $ and not £?

Contacted Degiro and got this response:
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting DEGIRO.

This can depend on the issuer of the stock. It can be the case that the stock is from the LSE but the dividends is paid in dollars.

As we are an investment firm, we cannot advise you on where to find this information.

If you have any further requests, please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Scrunch

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Anyone know why BP.L (ISIN: gb0007980591) dividend is paid in $ and not £?

I cannot answer your question but I see that Royal Dutch Shell PLC also show the upcoming dividend in $
    Some information on Shell here https://www.shell.com/investors/dividend-information.html
    Dividends are declared in US dollars and we announce the euro and sterling equivalent amounts at a later date.
    Dividends declared on Class A shares are paid by default in euros, although holders of Class A shares are able to elect to receive dividends in US dollars or in pounds sterling.
    Dividends declared on Class B shares are paid by default in pounds sterling, although holders of Class B shares are able to elect to receive dividends in US dollars or in euros.

Maybe the currency will change closer to the dividend payout date.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭king_m

Hey all,
    trying to pair up my bank account with my Degiro account currently, on the app and the website, I am unable to to get the iban number of the degiro account, the only option is to connect the accounts and it issues the following details;

Name of beneficiary Stichting DEGIRO
    Sort Code 23-10-48
    Account number ********
    Bank name Deutsche Bank.

only accepts transfers in GBP

having read through the thread, this sort code and account number differs from the previous comments earlier in the thread.
    Having done an search this it seams to be a Degiro England based bank account, but now I am unsure if I have registered correctly for an Irish based account.
    If it is an incorrect set up is it possible to change?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

king_m wrote: »
    Hey all,
    trying to pair up my bank account with my Degiro account currently, on the app and the website, I am unable to to get the iban number of the degiro account, the only option is to connect the accounts and it issues the following details;

Name of beneficiary Stichting DEGIRO
    Sort Code
    Account number
    Bank name Deutsche Bank.

only accepts transfers in GBP

having read through the thread, this sort code and account number differs from the previous comments earlier in the thread.
    Having done an search this it seams to be a Degiro England based bank account, but now I am unsure if I have registered correctly for an Irish based account.
    If it is an incorrect set up is it possible to change?

Are you sure you registered with degiro.ie? My guess - if it's a bank account only accepting GBP, that you have somehow registered as a UK customer.

With Deigro.ie, I am issued my own IBAN to transfer money to (provided by flatex bank) and can only transfer in euro.

P.S. As a precaution you may want to remove the nsc and bank account number from your post as I am not sure they are for the public domain!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭king_m

dotsman wrote: »
    Are you sure you registered with degiro.ie? My guess - if it's a bank account only accepting GBP, that you have somehow registered as a UK customer.

With Deigro.ie, I am issued my own IBAN to transfer money to (provided by flatex bank) and can only transfer in euro.

P.S. As a precaution you may want to remove the nsc and bank account number from your post as I am not sure they are for the public domain!

Thanks Dotsman, I was thinking I may have made an error along the way,
    Back to square one and will register again paying closer attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone else getting internal server errors setting up the cash account?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

Daft question but If place an order on degiro for a Frankfurt listed stock and cancel the order do I still get charged the 7.96?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

No, if you manage to cancel a Degiro order before execution there should be no fees (other than FX roundtrip losses sometimes, but that won't apply for Euro accounts on Euro exchanges).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Watching Man City V Borussia Monchengladbach here.

Gladback sponsored by Degiro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I got a new phone, now the fingerprint authentication for the degiro app isn't working which is strange as it works for everything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭oinkely

Question from a newbie testing the waters here:

Entered a limit order at 186.5 for IAG for €95.

Bid says 186.2, and ask says 186.3.

My order is not fulfilled?

Can someone explain what i'm doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

oinkely wrote: »
    Question from a newbie testing the waters here:

Entered a limit order at 186.5 for IAG for €95.

Bid says 186.2, and ask says 186.3.

My order is not fulfilled?

Can someone explain what i'm doing wrong?

Depends......

If you did it after 4.30pm its because the markets closed and it might trigger when they open tomorrow morning.

If you did it before that it could be because of a price delay between the market and degiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭oinkely

cc87 wrote: »
    Depends......

If you did it after 4.30pm its because the markets closed and it might trigger when they open tomorrow morning.

If you did it before that it could be because of a price delay between the market and degiro.

Thanks, it was after 4.30. I'll check it in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

oinkely wrote: »
    Thanks, it was after 4.30. I'll check it in the morning.

Did you set it to a "Day Order" (the default option in degiro) or GTC (Good to Close)? If a day order, the order expires at the end of the day. Now, given you put through the order straight after the market closed on Thursday, I'm not sure if that expires Thursday or at the end of trading Friday, but it's something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone experiencing delays withdrawing cash?
    I submitted a request yesterday morning , got a confirmation email saying withdrawal requests are processed at 13:00 everyday and I would get a confirmation email but no confirmation email arrived and nothing in my account which is frustrating as I need the money for something urgently. Is this normal now, in the past I don't recall such delays? Should I wait until 13:00 today to contact them?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing delays withdrawing cash?
    I submitted a request yesterday morning , got a confirmation email saying withdrawal requests are processed at 13:00 everyday and I would get a confirmation email but no confirmation email arrived and nothing in my account which is frustrating as I need the money for something urgently. Is this normal now, in the past I don't recall such delays? Should I wait until 13:00 today to contact them?

Last withdrawal for me took two days. No confirmation email either

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Last withdrawal for me took two days. No confirmation email either

Thanks very much, thats very reassuring.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I registered and bought some shares using Degiro about 6 months ago. Tried to transfer some funds yesterday to Degiro because I'm planning on buying some more shares. My bank have said the country I'm transferring to (Netherlands) doesn't match the IBAN.

Has something changed?

Gorteen wrote: »
    I registered and bought some shares using Degiro about 6 months ago. Tried to transfer some funds yesterday to Degiro because I'm planning on buying some more shares. My bank have said the country I'm transferring to (Netherlands) doesn't match the IBAN.

Has something changed?

They changed banks a few months back. You should have got an email about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Gorteen

They changed banks a few months back. You should have got an email about it.

Is the new bank in Germany? What would a Dutch company have a bank account in another country?

• Advertisement

Is the new bank in Germany? What would a Dutch company have a bank account in another country?

Its in the EU. Commercual reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Degiro is German now. Bought by a German bank in 2019 (flatex)
    https://flatexdegiro.com/de

I'm not getting emails any more,

None for deposits and orders, what gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

I'm not getting emails any more,

None for deposits and orders, what gives?

I am still getting the emails but there is definitely more of a delay between when the event occurs and the email, its not instant like it used to be

I am still getting the emails but there is definitely more of a delay between when the event occurs and the email, its not instant like it used to be

Got the order email 5 hours later, nothing about the deposit however

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Iri17

SauNewb wrote: »
    Thanks.

I found the terms and conditions.
    They look fairly solid - so I deleted my previous message.

2. Communication
    Given that the Cash Account will be used exclusively as a clearing account for securities transactions, custody and administration of Client’s DeGiro account, the communication with flatex Bank is exclusively carried out via DeGiro's WebTrader. The Special Conditions Cash Account for DeGiro Clients and other contractual documents from flatex Bank are entered into via DeGiro’s WebTrader. Any amendments to the Special Conditions Cash Account for DeGiro Clients and other legal documents from flatex Bank shall be communicated to Client via DeGiro’s WebTrader and/or directly to Client’s e-mail.

3. Dispositions / Reference Account
    It is not permitted to use this account for payment transactions (cheque withdrawals, direct debits, cheques, etc.) and therefore, this account is not considered as a payment account according to Article 2 (5) of Regulation (EU) No. 260/2012.

Hello everyone,

Do you know if:

1) We need to declare the Flatex cash account to Revenue as foreign bank account?

2) We need to declare the purchase of an ETF by form 11 even if it is Irish domiciled?

Thanks for your help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

degiro playing April fool in March. Shows my portfolio is empty :)

bish76 wrote: »
    degiro playing April fool in March. Shows my portfolio is empty :)
    Everything back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

If you didn't request a custody account, that's just Degiro lending out your stock to short sellers :pac:

• Advertisement

MugsGame wrote: »
    If you didn't request a custody account, that's just Degiro lending out your stock to short sellers :pac:
    Thanks, good to know. It's not a custody account.

Advertisement