Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

bish76 wrote: »
    Thanks, good to know. It's not a custody account.

You're remarkably sanguine considering someone is using your shares to drive down the value of your shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

I was mostly joking - they should still show in your portfolio, even if Degiro are lending them out (as they are allowed to under their T&C for non-custody a/cs).

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

MugsGame wrote: »
    I was mostly joking - they should still show in your portfolio, even if Degiro are lending them out (as they are allowed to under their T&C for non-custody a/cs).
    Okay so we are back to April fool....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sector_000

I hold Raytheon Technologies in my DeGiro a/c.
    They're scheduled to pay a dividend..... and this appears in my "Upcoming Dividends" section.

However, unlike all other of my NYSE or NASDAQ stocks that show the usual 15% withholding tax, DeGiro shows a 26.4% withholding for this Raytheon. It's December dividend was the usual 15%.

Any ideas why the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 knorrstockpot

Have started learning about investment and dabbling with a few stocks to get a feel for markets and stocks. Using Degiro and have a couple of questions if anybody can help explain in simple terms pls.

Looking at the money overview ‘pop-up’ (button beside available to trade) there are “To be converted” and “Total value cash account” amounts. The “To be converted” is a negative amount and “Total value cash account” is positive with net Total positive. What is the “To be converted” amount and where/how is it calculated?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

sector_000 wrote: »
    I hold Raytheon Technologies in my DeGiro a/c.
    They're scheduled to pay a dividend..... and this appears in my "Upcoming Dividends" section.

However, unlike all other of my NYSE or NASDAQ stocks that show the usual 15% withholding tax, DeGiro shows a 26.4% withholding for this Raytheon. It's December dividend was the usual 15%.

Any ideas why the difference?
    They have a "Green" list. If company isn't on it, the tax isn't withheld.

RTX isn't on it for their own magical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Can anyone else confirm certain NYSE tickers aren't showing up on Degiro? Pintrest for example...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Can anyone else confirm certain NYSE tickers aren't showing up on Degiro? Pintrest for example...

Can confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Pins works for me

Pins works for me
    Why I wonder? I did the quiz etc

• Advertisement

Here's a pic ... Did the just a minute Larry gogan quiz as well 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Same all quizzes done also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Pinterest is there for me. Not aware of any normal US stock that is missing.

dotsman wrote: »
    Pinterest is there for me. Not aware of any normal US stock that is missing.

Thanks, they're listed again for me now as of this morn. Was just searching for a couple of MF recommendations yesterday and for whatever reason the NYSE listed ones weren't showing. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Mav11

I see that a lot of ISEQ listed shares have gone from real time / 15 min delay, to End of Day (ED) update only.

Mav11 wrote: »
    I see that a lot of ISEQ listed shares have gone from real time / 15 min delay, to End of Day (ED) update only.

Early 20th century stuff. Hell, they even had stock ticker updates back then .

Early 20th century stuff. Hell, they even had stock ticker updates back then .
    Yeah, I’m finding Degiro to be getting increasingly unreliable. Any decent alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Mav11 wrote: »
    Yeah, I’m finding Degiro to be getting increasingly unreliable. Any decent alternatives?

I also feel they have been going downhill in the past few months. I am wondering if this has anything to do with them being purchased by Flatex.

I think it is hard to find an alternative with the same ease of use and cheap fees while being what I'd call a proper broker (meaning access to most markets in North America, Europe, and Asia and having the option to transfer position in and out).

Trading 212 looks nice and polished but is lacking on my last point.

Interactive Brokers is a very solid solution (even more so than DEGIRO) and at a reasonable cost - but not as user friendly and it can be a bit complex and overkill for a retail investor (the UI, but also the way they handle FX conversion and in general the added complexity across the board which will appeal sophisticated investors but might be more of a hindrance for many retail investors).

Bob24 wrote: »
    I also feel they have been going downhill in the past few months. I am wondering if this has anything to do with them being purchased by Flatex.

I think it is hard to find an alternative with the same ease of use and cheap fees while being what I'd call a proper broker (meaning access to most markets in North America, Europe, and Asia and having the option to transfer position in and out).

Trading 212 looks nice and polished but is lacking on my last point.

Interactive Brokers is a very solid solution (even more so than DEGIRO) and at a reasonable cost - but not as user friendly and it can be a bit complex and overkill for a retail investor (the UI, but also the way they handle FX conversion and in general the added complexity across the board which will appeal sophisticated investors but might be more of a hindrance for many retail investors).

Thanks Bob24. I’m primarily trading on the Lse and Ise but finding them practically useless on the Ise (have to look up yahoo or google for a price) at this point.

Customer service has also gone to the dogs. Taking weeks to get replies to email queries.

Is there a longer than usual delay in depositing funds? made a bank transfer via PTSB online on the 4th (last Thursday) it's now Wednesday and nothing showing as 'Available to Trade'...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

Is there a longer than usual delay in depositing funds? made a bank transfer via PTSB online on the 4th (last Thursday) it's now Wednesday and nothing showing as 'Available to Trade'...

Took a similar length of time for me from a BOI account.

That Happened to me last month turns out i transfered from an account different to the one I had registered in my degiro profile so it was bounced back to me took a week.. Check your account see if they match up

Kannon wrote: »
    Took a similar length of time for me from a BOI account.

a full week or so? Ok, missed striking while the Mot Fool iron was hot though, although their recommendations are for the long game usually to be fair.

Ah wait a sec - they have new bank details to the one I had set up as a payee with PTSB. It's a German bank now. Wonder will the payment eventually find it's way in to my Degiro account or should I contact them / PTSB? Have deleted the old details and set thm up again using their new bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Ah wait a sec - they have new bank details to the one I had set up as a payee with PTSB. It's a German bank now. Wonder will the payment eventually find it's way in to my Degiro account or should I contact them / PTSB? Have deleted the old details and set thm up again using their new bank.

If you have been transitioned to Flatex (German IBAN) and transferred money to the old money market fund facility (Dutch IBAN), DEGIRO will probably return your money after a week or so. If not, I would indeed contract them.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I transfer money in a few times a month, and once I get the transfer done before midnight, the funds are usually in my trading account by around 10AM at latest.

I transfer online using AIB Internet Banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Samson wrote: »
    I transfer money in a few times a month, and once I get the transfer done before midnight, the funds are usually in my trading account by around 10AM at latest.

I transfer online using AIB Internet Banking.

Similar for me.

If you do the exams for margin account too it can help buy any dips. I've often seen something I want at a price, lodge the money and buy it on margin. The money arrives a day later so I'm only charged interest for one day. I don't advocate margin for everyone, but as a short term bridge it can help

I'm trying to buy an AIM share but it keeps telling me the stock is not available for trading. It says this could be due to regulatory reasons, your current profile or an internal decision.

I've bought these shares before so believe it may be due to my profile. But my profile is ok to buy 'complex shares' - any ideas? I emailed Degiro last week and heard nothing back from them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm trying to buy an AIM share but it keeps telling me the stock is not available for trading. It says this could be due to regulatory reasons, your current profile or an internal decision.

I've bought these shares before so believe it may be due to my profile. But my profile is ok to buy 'complex shares' - any ideas? I emailed Degiro last week and heard nothing back from them
    Throw up the stock and I'll check if it's available to me

• Advertisement

It's Cap-xx on the LSE. Thanks.
    It allows me to put in my limit and number etc but when I click place order the message comes up

Advertisement