Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

I'd expect there will be an arrangement whereby we can keep our shares that are listed on LSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Anyone get a list minute boost to their portfolio?

Took stock on the 29th, and just checking today, it looks like its up 3%.

Some stocks have a higher € value now, when their price is actually lower than what it was on the 29th. Some positions up 10% in value, yet their chart says 1% in price.

Dollar hasn't changed much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Anyone get a list minute boost to their portfolio?

Took stock on the 29th, and just checking today, it looks like its up 3%.

Some stocks have a higher € value now, when their price is actually lower than what it was on the 29th. Some positions up 10% in value, yet their chart says 1% in price.

Dollar hasn't changed much either.

Same here up 3% looks like degiro doing a re balancing of the US dollar in US stocks have never seen that before I've another account with a broker and have not seen any movement in my US stocks value.. We'll see tomorrow maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Is it not just a bug on their part?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Is it not just a bug on their part?

Unfortunately I think it is. This happened during the summer too and it corrected itself on the next trading day... :(

• Advertisement

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I think it is. This happened during the summer too and it corrected itself on the next trading day... :(

Yes I believe so, looking forward to the massive drop tomorrow when it corrects itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭sector_000

sk8board wrote: »
    Did you also get an email from degiro this week that you can transfer a duel-listed share by emailing them on ca@degiro.ie?
    I have BIRG and emailed them about it. Haven’t heard yet. The email mentions doing it by Jan 15th 2020, but I assume that’s a typo.

Yeah, I got that email too.
    The whole thing is a bit of a pain.
    I emailed a question to ca@degiro.ie to see if any of my holdings would be subject to 1.5% stamp duty if transferred. No response yet.

Thanks Britain (not)!

outonawing wrote: »
    I'd expect there will be an arrangement whereby we can keep our shares that are listed on LSE.

I hope so. But that's not the case now, and frankly i don't see that the EU has any real incentive to do anything that helps a non-EU stock exchange.

So for an indeterminate amount of time (possibly forever?) I won't be able to see my RYANAIR holdings on LSE!!

As DeGiro say, the only options are to transfer or wait and pray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Yes I believe so, looking forward to the massive drop tomorrow when it corrects itself!

This increase is due to Degiro having the wrong Eur/Usd exchange rate ( 1.19 instead of 1.21). This should be fixed tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

sector_000 wrote: »
    So for an indeterminate amount of time (possibly forever?) I won't be able to see my RYANAIR holdings on LSE!!

As DeGiro say, the only options are to transfer or wait and pray.

I got that email and gave it a cursory look. My impression was that we can carry on as before, until there is a final determination about the future arrangements. In other words, we can continue buying and selling dual listed stocks through LSE.

Unfortunately, I deleted the email, thinking all was well for now. Can anyone confirm if I've understood it correctly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Glitches are not unknown on Degiro, though thankfully rare enough.

Today ,however things seem to be up the creek somewhat.

Bank of Ireland shares pages seem out of kilter though some others i checked are ok
    As I type the ask price for BIRG is 3.27, bid 3.34
    According to Google( which, i think, is always right) the price is 3.35. this could suggest that the bid price on Degiro is right and the ask price awry

For the first few hours of todays trading little or no info was right

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cr17

Hi All,
    Looking for some advice on this one.

AIB Shares on LSE today have shot up...is this just a brexit anomaly or am I rich ?
    Something to do with Share Trading Obligations.

AIB Group plc
    LON: AIBG
    149.60 GBX +147.96 (9,021.95%)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

My LSE AIB shares were sold for 0 and bought back for 0 today after 2PM.
    My portfolio is showing the former value of the shares as a loss.

What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Afurosan

Wombatman wrote: »
    My LSE AIB shares were sold for 0 and bought back for 0 today after 2PM.
    My portfolio is showing the former value of the shares as a loss.

What's going on?

Mine too. I did email asking them to move my LSE AIB shares to an EU listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 VanPercy

Afurosan wrote: »
    Mine too. I did email asking them to move my LSE AIB shares to an EU listing.

Same with me - got a bit of a shock to be fair!

I emailed today looking to transfer to the ISE equivalent but no response ....

I take it my shares haven’t been wiped out and have lost thousands of €€€ eeek

VanPercy wrote: »

It often takes ~2 days to get a response to an email from DeGiro

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Afurosan

VanPercy wrote: »

I ended up getting an email today saying;

"Dear Investor,

You request to have your position transferred to an EU exchange has been registered.

Please be advised there will be no transfer fee associated with moving this position. This process can take 1-3 weeks to complete.

If you have any questions on this in the meantime please let us know"

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Technope87

Does anyone use the ETHEREUM XBTE Ether Tracker One (EUR) (SE0010296582) - OMX Stockholm fund? Has the fund been frozen or is it simply you can’t increase or open new positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Anybody experiencing issues with Degiro this morning? Irish stocks (BOI) doesn't seem to be updating. Orders on the Xetra don't seem to be executing???

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

I was charged an auto fx fee for the first time yesterday. I had not been charged this before, the last time I bought or sold was in November. Is this normal? It was a share on the NYSE priced in USD.

• Advertisement

Any word on the additional tax report for 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Any word on the additional tax report for 2020?
    Think it lands closer to February.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

I put in an order to sell X amount of Apple shares today before market opened, max price was well above current price. 1 hour after opening- still not sold so I cancelled and placed a new order. Still showing under 'outstanding orders'.

any idea why, normally they get executed quicker then you can say 'Tesla'.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

I put in an order to sell X amount of Apple shares today before market opened, max price was well above current price. 1 hour after opening- still not sold so I cancelled and placed a new order. Still showing under 'outstanding orders'.

any idea why, normally they get executed quicker then you can say 'Tesla'.

Is the price your offering above the live price or the delayed price? I normally adjust my price in small increments till it the order is successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

on 4.1.21 i commented on Degiro being a bit iffy on BIRG. One person ,some days later mentioned the same problem
    It is still the same, i took it to be a brexit related issue, and that it would come right.

Todays question is ,how to I get up to the minute prices from Degiro on the ISE, it appears that I must pay, but I cannot find it on their site
    e.g. I can find that I need to pay 4.50 per month for real time info on the UK market, but I cannot find Ireland.
    Directions pls ,or info
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Is the Annual Report provided by degiro safe to use for calculating CGT?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

arleitiss wrote: »
    Is the Annual Report provided by degiro safe to use for calculating CGT?

If you're trying to allow losses it doesn't incorporate the 30 day rule (if you sell stocks for a loss within 30 days you can't use that loss to offset a gain). I always do it via spredsheet myself. It also encourages me to reduce my sales and it makes it less messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If you're trying to allow losses it doesn't incorporate the 30 day rule (if you sell stocks for a loss within 30 days you can't use that loss to offset a gain). I always do it via spredsheet myself. It also encourages me to reduce my sales and it makes it less messy.

So if I buy 30 Shares of X @ €100 Each = €3000
    Then two days later I sell 30 Shares of X @ €90 = €2700

That's a €300 loss, it wont show up on report?
    Any advice on how to process transaction statement in excel manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

arleitiss wrote: »
    So if I buy 30 Shares of X @ €100 Each = €3000
    Then two days later I sell 30 Shares of X @ €90 = €2700

That's a €300 loss, it wont show up on report?
    Any advice on how to process transaction statement in excel manually?

No it will show up on the report. But for Ireland CGT laws, you can't allow it, so you need to exclude it manually.

I dump all my transactions for the year from degiro into Excel, then match up purchases and sales, subtract one from the other. Then do a separate calculation where I calculate the days between purchase and sale, to exclude the losses within 30 days. It takes a while, but only needs to be done once a year. So long as you're not buying and selling every day it's manageable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

Does anyone know if it’s possible to purchase US options on Degiro? Been looking for NASDAQ options but can’t find any. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong but if it’s not possible, can anyone recommend a different platform to use? Cheers

Advertisement