Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Dman2021 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm new here and need some help with Degiro.

I have an degiro account for a few years and my current account was linked to it for deposits/withdrawals (stitung bank).

I just made a transfer to my degiro account but it seems they new bank details (flatex bank).

I used the old bank details, have I lost my money? I've written to degiro but it says 2-4 days.

Any help or guidance on what to do would be welcome.

They’ll probably automatically return your funds. But you were right to contact them to let them know. Sending them a follow-up email usually helps getting a quicker answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dman2021

Thanks Bob24, its much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

I'm trying to open a degiro account.when it comes to uploading my id it says there's a problem something went wrong.
    Can anyone help ?
    I'm doing through the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

If previous account is closed it'll be reverted back in a day or 2.unique account number will never be used again so not possible to sit in a dormant account number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭sk8board

Dman2021 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm new here and need some help with Degiro.

I have an degiro account for a few years and my current account was linked to it for deposits/withdrawals (stitung bank).

I just made a transfer to my degiro account but it seems they new bank details (flatex bank).

I used the old bank details, have I lost my money? I've written to degiro but it says 2-4 days.

Any help or guidance on what to do would be welcome.

Happened to me after the change to the new accounts, it’ll bounce back eventually/automatically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

richie123 wrote: »
    I'm trying to open a degiro account.when it comes to uploading my id it says there's a problem something went wrong.
    Can anyone help ?
    I'm doing through the app.

Probably overloaded. There are many people trying to open broker accounts right now, FOMO

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

At least DeGiro are still allowing limit orders on GME.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

I'm unable to open my Degiro account. Is anyone else facing the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

If its on your phone, shutdown the app fully and relaunch it. Happens to me occasionally, like just this minute. But fully exiting and re-opening usually does the trick. Same thing if the prices don't update on opening the app

Kilboor wrote: »
    Probably overloaded. There are many people trying to open broker accounts right now, FOMO

You were right ..it eventually uploaded followed by this message,due to unprecedented demand it could take up to 10 workings day to process your application :):)

• Advertisement

can anyone tell me what the w8 ben form is about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's basically a tax exemption forum for US non residents if your doing business there, i.e trading.

It's basically a tax exemption forum for US non residents if your doing business there, i.e trading.

I see ,you cant buy us trades unless its filled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Hey Guys, do any of you know test i need to take in degiro to gain access to the following fund that follows bitcoin?

Its still on degiro but when i search for it, i cant find it.

BITCOIN XBTE, BITCOIN TRACKER EUR XBT PROVIDER, (SE0007525332)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Noob question but does Degiro operate in a similar way to Betfair in that prices are determined by what the users of the exchange have offered to sell at? Almost every stock is higher than elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

ShaneU wrote: »
    Noob question but does Degiro operate in a similar way to Betfair in that prices are determined by what the users of the exchange have offered to sell at? Almost every stock is higher than elsewhere.

Shouldn't be that much different. Some of Degiro uses 15 minute delayed price. I use Yahoo Finance for the up to date price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Will start moving all my non dividend paying stocks to a custody account. This short squeeze has highlighted some issues with this share lending behavior.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm sure this has been asked already. I've had an account for a while but was looking at the different trader settings recently and did the tests to change to an active account profile rather than basic.

Is it possible to either or revert to basic or turn off the abilty to trade on margin or credit? I don't like seeing an amount in my avaialble to trade that doesn't relate to money I've actually deposited.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

I'm sure this has been asked already. I've had an account for a while but was looking at the different trader settings recently and did the tests to change to an active account profile rather than basic.

Is it possible to either or revert to basic or turn off the abilty to trade on margin? I don't like seeing an amount in my avaialble to trade that doesn't relate to money I've actually deposited.

I’m guessing you mean being able to trade on 50 percent credit ? I think that is in active .

• Advertisement

Is it possible to either or revert to basic or turn off the abilty to trade on margin or credit? I don't like seeing an amount in my avaialble to trade that doesn't relate to money I've actually deposited.
    I'm the same, don't like seeing it, and haven't found a way to revert

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭sk8board

Has anyone with duel-listed LSE shares who applied to degiro to move them have them moved yet? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

sk8board wrote: »
    Has anyone with duel-listed LSE shares who applied to degiro to move them have them moved yet? thanks

Yes. Seemed to go through towards the end of last week for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Does anybody know what is happening with Degiro and the ISE? Message that I'm getting for the past few days is that "No realtime data available for this exchange; trading is supported. Your orders will be sent to the exchange directly". So no price updates or metrics available, have to depend on yahoo finance for info, is this a temporary glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

I see ,you cant buy us trades unless its filled out.

Is the latter correct re w8 ben form?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

guys, question on Degiro. When trying to set an order with very high / low limits, I get a message that requested price is out of bounds and cannot be lower / higher than current price (roughly 20-25% according to my estimation). Question: is this limitation coming from Degiro, or directly from market? Just trying to see if I may need to move away from Degiro in the future, or it's like that everywhere basically.

XVII wrote: »
    guys, question on Degiro. When trying to set an order with very high / low limits, I get a message that requested price is out of bounds and cannot be lower / higher than current price (roughly 20-25% according to my estimation). Question: is this limitation coming from Degiro, or directly from market? Just trying to see if I may need to move away from Degiro in the future, or it's like that everywhere basically.

Degiro, drives me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Does anybody know if you can set a Trailing Stop on Degiro? They have a FAQ explaining what it is but i can't see any way of setting one up.

PCros wrote: »
    Is the latter correct re w8 ben form?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Is Degiro working for anyone this morning?, cannot log into mine or my wife's account on mobile app or web page. Nothing on the website to say its down for maintenance that I can see.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement