Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marian Finucane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

It was in his checked baggage just for clarity.

In the hold,not accessible during flight.
    Nothing wrong with that.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,163 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that.

I cannot remember saying that there was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I heard on French radio this morning that firearms in the hold are allowed all over the world (including Europe), once certain procedures are adhered to.
    Of course, Marion hadn't done her research and made it sound like it's only the gun-crazy Americans that would allow such a rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I heard on French radio this morning that firearms in the hold are allowed all over the world (including Europe), once certain procedures are adhered to.

Exactly.
    Of course, Marion hadn't done her research and made it sound like it's only the gun-crazy Americans that would allow such a rule.

Exactly.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I find it truly amazing!
    Does it not seem somewhat pointless to be scanning people up and down pre-flight when in the baggage hall of the same airport, at the same time, someone could be removing their AK47 from their suitcase?
    Next time I see someone take their case off the carousel and open it up I won't assume they are just taking out their warm jacket! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Oh ffs, ignores all the rest of the headlines to have a swipe at Trump' hair. Could you imagine if somebody said anything about Teresa May's hair?

And she's already got her facts wrong. The woman who spends all week researching.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Digs at the man's hair

Oh Sweet Baby Jesus! ... Marian's extensive RESEARCH lets her down again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

utterly shambolic , childish and pathetic start to the show , the woman needs to be sacked.

Follow the money

Well said Paul

• Advertisement

We were just talking about this the other day. Liam Doran is not a good representative for the nurses. Everybody has sympathy with the nurses, but having him on barking and whinging every day would turn you against the union at least.

Oops69 wrote: »
    utterly shambolic , childish and pathetic start to the show , the woman needs to be sacked.

Niamh Brennan showed her up all right! :rolleyes:

I am sick & tired of the "health issue" .... everybody knows what needs to be done but nobody is going to do it. :mad:
    Who is that guy talking sense (surely that can't be allowed!) ... he is dead right there are a lot of people making an awful lot of money & with a vested interest in keeping it a disfunctional system. Remember if the public health system worked there would be no need for the private health system.

We were just talking about this the other day. Liam Doran is not a good representative for the nurses. Everybody has sympathy with the nurses, but having him on barking and whinging every day would turn you against the union at least.

You would have to wonder .... Doran is their representative for years & it's worse their conditions appear to have become under his watch.
    If I were a nurse I'd be suggesting he consider his position.

"Can I just finish"..... lol.. She won't like that.

Callan57 wrote: »
    You would have to wonder .... Doran is their representative for years & it's worse their conditions appear to have become under his watch.
    If I were a nurse I'd be suggesting he consider his position.
    Doran has no interest in the nurses , only in maintaining his very well paid position.

Surely that doesn't give him the right to just leave his public job and do private work. Surely he should at least stay there for the time the state is paying him for.

marion covers the health service so much , i wish she'd actually do a little bit of research on the topic , it s not that complicated , her knowldege seems to be made of snippets of off-hand comments from dinner parties .

Surely that doesn't give him the right to just leave his public job and do private work. Surely he should at least stay there for the time the state is paying him for.
    In Fairness hes a doctor , he would prefer to be treating patients , public or private rather than sitting in an office in a public hospital twiddling his thumbs .

Paul Sommerville is right about this, but the health service is not unique. Any time you look at a system that is illogical, yet remains the same, you can be sure that somebody is lobbying hard to keep it that way because they are profiting from having it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Callan57 wrote: »
    Niamh Brennan showed her up all right! :rolleyes:

I am sick & tired of the "health issue" .... everybody knows what needs to be done but nobody is going to do it. :mad:
    Who is that guy talking sense (surely that can't be allowed!) ... he is dead right there are a lot of people making an awful lot of money & with a vested interest in keeping it a disfunctional system. Remember if the public health system worked there would be no need for the private health system.

I wonder how many of the panelists have high level private health care?

• Advertisement

I thought she was gonna call Sarah Carey a heroine for a second!! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

"You have a connection to Roscommon?"
    "Yes, we have a holiday home in Roscommon"
    :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ooh, Marian moved from the refugee discussion on quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

The very welcoming people of Roscommon discharged a shotgun through her window when she was acquiring her holiday home there. Did i get that right?

snubbleste wrote: »
    Ooh, Marian moved from the refugee discussion on quickly.

she needs to get onto Donald Trumps hair and other important matters

The very welcoming people of Roscommon discharged a shotgun through her window when she was acquiring her holiday home there. Did i get that right?

She seems to be married to Michael McDowall, which might explain it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/shotgun-fired-through-doors-of-mcdowell-holiday-home-1.415357

This lad won't be asked back. :D

The penny is starting to drop

All these commentators are going around talking about 'soft ' and 'hard ', brexits but asked to define these terms not one of them could define the difference between the two or what is actually meant by either... or in other words ther'ye all full of shyte.

• Advertisement

Oops69 wrote: »
    All these commentators are going around talking about 'soft ' and 'hard '.

Yeah I did notice that particularly about Marion, but it actually suits her perfectly because she can just throw the buzz words round and pretend like she actually knows what she is talking about. In lieu of spending a week researching the topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement