Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marian Finucane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

feck it , i came back from uk with 20£ in my wallet last week

• Registered Users Posts: 39,193 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Oops69 wrote: »
    All these commentators are going around talking about 'soft ' and 'hard ', brexits but asked to define these terms not one of them could define the difference between the two or what is actually meant by either... or in other words ther'ye all full of shyte.

It reminds me of the "soft landing" BS peddled by Bertie, et al, prior to the crash.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Does anyone else find it really annoying, the way you can hear that Marion doesn't really listen to people's answers, but is taking in a breath trying to jump in over what they are saying? Total waste of time interviewing if you're not going to listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Does anyone else find it really annoying, the way you can hear that Marion doesn't really listen to people's answers, but is taking in a breath trying to jump in over what they are saying? Total waste of time interviewing if you're not going to listen.

To be balanced, some of the contributors would go on for aeons if they weren't interrupted.

Not referring to this mornings lot specifically, but some of these she invites in could peddle their views for the length of the prog.

Oh, here we go; more Trumpington cobblers.

• Advertisement

Marion is obnoxious in her attitudes this morning , she needs a long holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Does anyone else find it really annoying, the way you can hear that Marion doesn't really listen to people's answers.

Same again this morning.

And I think that intro to the segment on Northern Ireland shows that she certainly does not prepare any intros in advance of the show.

God, Eamon Maley, his strange accent is a blast from the past of the bad old days in norn. iron.

God, Eamon Maley, his strange accent is a blast from the past of the bad old days in norn. iron.

I heard him a few times this week, and I'm not sure whether he was starring in Alan Hughes' panto this Christmas or what, but he has gone very dramatic all of a sudden..

I heard him a few times this week, and I'm not sure whether he was starring in Alan Hughes' panto this Christmas or what, but he has gone very dramatic all of a sudden..
    he sounds like he's been reading shakespeare and the great philosophers in his retirement, he's trying to make out the north's situation a bit like a shakespearian tragedy rather than the pure bigotry that it simply is .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Marion is obnoxious in her attitudes this morning , she needs a long holiday

She needs a permanent holiday from this job and has done for quite a while. Will leave her on if I'm in the car for 10 mins but longer journeys shes off.

She needs a permanent holiday from this job and has done for quite a while. Will leave her on if I'm in the car for 10 mins but longer journeys shes off.

It's actually very frustrating. Because there are a lot of "second tier" presenters who could do that job better for less money and they would prepare properly and actually be there for more than 60% of the year.

And he gets his hyperbolic Soliloquey punctured by the ...Angelus !, Shakespeare couldn't have written it.

Big ingestion of mucus there, I'm expecting a dustman's blow fairly shortly.

Mohammad and Usama.... Not the greatest names to be bringing with them. Could they not change them to Tommy and Pat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Oh My God, if she says "In Studio" one more time I sware I will scream!
    Why she feels the need to keep saying it is beyond me. Yes Marian we know that you are in a studio....

No need to keep reminding us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Mohammad and Usama.... Not the greatest names to be bringing with them. Could they not change them to Tommy and Pat?

Wonder was that ever suggested to a Paddy or Mick in London or Chicago?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think the waqes of top rte radio presenters are too high ,but theres
    no way they,ll be reduced ,once a presenter get 100k or 200k you,ll get it until
    you leave rte .They have a union,theres probably no way to reduce
    someones wages in rte radio ,as long as they have a contract to present a certain program .
    I wonder do they get large pensions as well .They are probably based
    on wages from the celtic tiger era .
    i Think wages in private radio stations are much lower , as they have to make a profit , and apart from newstalk they don,t have a national audience .When she has 2 or 3 guests on the show she has to try and give them all a chance to speak .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

riclad wrote: »
    no way they,ll be reduced ,once a presenter get 100k or 200k you,ll get it until
    someones wages in rte radio ,as long as they have a contract to present a certain program .
    i Think wages in private radio stations are much lower , as they have to make a profit , and apart from newstalk they don,t have a national audience .When she has 2 or 3 guests on the show she has to try and give them all a chance to speak .

Cannot find out why those on contract can't have it re worked!

Some of the salaries are totally off the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

riclad wrote: »

Most of RTE's top earning presenters are classed as contractors, so they wouldn't be entitled to a pension. Any reduction in the terms over the lifetime of their contracts would have to be voluntary. The top 10 earners did accept a 10% cut in 2009, some where more reluctant to do so then others. RTE claims that it had cut the amount of money that those 10 presenters were being paid by 40% between 2008 and 2014. I think most people outside of Montrose would agree they are still being paid far too much, especially since RTÉ reported a deficit of €2.8 million in 2015.

• Advertisement

Callan57 wrote: »
    Wonder was that ever suggested to a Paddy or Mick in London or Chicago?

Ah jaysus it was a joke, I didn't expect you to go all Una Mullaly on me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Martin aaaaaaam aaaaaaah Manseragh

sligojoek wrote: »
    Manseragh should be confined to boring the faces of first year political science students in UCD and not the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideboard

sligojoek wrote: »

Charming altogether. Very brave contribution.....Be proud of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We need to fix democracy Tom

sideboard wrote: »
    Charming altogether. Very brave contribution.....Be proud of yourself.

Are you new around here?
    Once you've suffered the audible indignities of the host coughing, spluttering and hawking phlegm into the microphone for long enough, you start to lose patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideboard

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Are you new around here?
    Once you've suffered the audible indignities of the host coughing, spluttering and hawking phlegm into the microphone for long enough, you start to lose patience.

Turn to another programme. If you can't make a critical observation to improve a programme, don't bore the rest of us!

"He said the most outrageous things during the election". It's like ground hog day here again.

And why is there always the inference that if you don't trust the main stream media that you are paranoid or there's something actually wrong with you. I mean, after the Leveson Inquiry, why would anybody have any respect for the media. Their job is to sell you a product, NOT to tell you the truth.

Turn to another programme. If you can't make a critical observation to improve a programme, don't bore the rest of us!
    he did , one could infer from the post , even if somewhat brief, that the poster felt that the programme would be better without humming and hawing incoherence from Manseragh.

• Advertisement

Take your own advice and hop it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement