Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marian Finucane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Oops69 wrote: »
    They're absolutely painful to listen to , none of them commented on the sycophantic response of our president to the death of a communist dictator.

Were they even asked to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Were ye listening to a different show? They did talk about Michael D Higgins comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I missed the first half hour, the cricket overran on BBC4 LW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

The first 10 minutes was all about Michael D's response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    The first 10 minutes was all about Michael D's response.

:) Thank you, I was beginning to think I'd been listening to a different station

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Didn't know Wogan House BBC was named after Terry Wogan. With all her research. And time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,193 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

tampopo wrote: »
    Didn't know Wogan House BBC was named after Terry Wogan. With all her research. And time to do it.

Just as well they never called it Savile House.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

So Sinn Fein are in favour of the USC now?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

My research dept. found this :

Terry was a much-loved Radio 2 personality and it is right we honour him in this way. Each time we all walk through the doors of Wogan House we will be forever reminded of him – his warmth, wit and endless charm.
    Bob Shennan, BBC Director of Radio
    Date: 16.11.2016 Last updated: 16.11.2016 at 13.08
    Category: Radio 2; Corporate
    To honour the life and career of broadcasting legend, Sir Terry Wogan, the BBC has today announced BBC Western House in central London will be renamed, BBC Wogan House.
    The newly named building is home to BBC Radio 2 where Sir Terry first worked over 40 years ago. During his time there he famously hosted the Radio 2 breakfast show between 1972-1984 and 1993-2009 closing his last broadcast with the words, “thank you for being my friend”. Sir Terry was last on air on Radio 2 on Sunday 8 November 2015 presenting, Weekend Wogan.

Most of their demographic don't have to pay it so they don't care about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

In fairness it does take time to attend all those lunches and dinner parties in the southside and along the coast of Dublin bay, traffic can be heavy you know .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

More like a "definite maybe, kinds, sortof" to me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Oops69 wrote: »
    In fairness it does take time to attend all those lunches and dinner parties in the southside and along the coast of Dublin bay, traffic can be heavy you know .

it has to be said...

So when this man explains things properly to the simpletons who voted for BREXIT, they will re-asses it and see where they went wrong?

This really is the view of the world from South County Dublin. The worst thing about the UK leaving Europe is that rich families wont be able to send their kids around Europe for free for a year to "fall in love"? It's infuriating listen to him.

This may come as some sort of news to you, but a significant percentage of those who voted for Brexit were simpletons, nasty closet racists, and xenophobes. Another significant percentage were misled by the utter lies and BS generated by the 'Out' campaign.
    I would be in favour of another referendum with NO campaigning allowed from either side and anyone found to be breaching that rule banged up for five years.

40 minutes in and she hasn't go in an anti- trump dig yet or a man- hating comment, she must be worn out from researching all week, utter drivel this morning and I think she's used all her stock phrases already several times apart from"and whatever you're having yourself'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A maaaaaaayzing

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    This may come as some sort of news to you, but a significant percentage of those who voted for Brexit were simpletons, nasty closet racists, and xenophobes

Maria and her posh pal completely dismissed the argument that workers from Eastern Europe were coming over and taking their jobs. She actually interviewed a plumber at the time of the referendum, who TOLD HER first hand that he was no longer to get work in London as the jobs had all been taking by Eastern Europeans who do the work for half the money and then send it home. Just because somebody doesn't want somebody from another country eating their lunch, doesn't make them a racist.

Recession's over, lads. Blethering about how cheap it is to get to the Galapagos.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah Manchan I'm sure it's super easy for Joe Soap to get to the Galapagos. :rolleyes:

Maria and her posh pal completely dismissed the argument that workers from Eastern Europe were coming over and taking their jobs. She actually interviewed a plumber at the time of the referendum, who TOLD HER first hand that he was no longer to get work in London as the jobs had all been taking by Eastern Europeans who do the work for half the money and then send it home. Just because somebody doesn't want somebody from another country eating their lunch, doesn't make them a racist.

Sure as shyt makes them some sort of xenophobe, doncha think?
    Boot was on the other foot for a long time - how many Irish and British builders went to Germany?

Recession's over, lads. Blethering about how cheap it is to get to the Galapagos.
    That'll be overrun with teachers on freebies with schoolchildren from fee-paying schools in DUBLIN , a bit like the 'Iguazu falls ' obsession a few years now and 'de camino' right now

Ah, great. Let's encourage Marian's listeners to get eaten by grizzlies.

Ah, great. Let's encourage Marian's listeners to get eaten by grizzlies.
    Let's encourage MARIAN to get eaten by grizzlies...

She's really struggling with reading the text this morning. I hope they dont have any NWA lyrics for her to read out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Oh yeah Manchan I'm sure it's super easy for Joe Soap to get to the Galapagos. :rolleyes:

Manchan regularly does this on tv3, I wouldn't mind he lives in a house made from recycled materials.

Fionn Davenport & George Hook used to go on like this at the high of the recession, 300 euro a night hotels, hence I stopped listening to them.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Marian, "The Barrowlympics".
    Umm... I don't think so, Mar.

"You'll never guess what Santa brought, Mam.
    A cup of Barry's tea!"

• Advertisement

White faced people? Migrants Right's Council on line 1, Marian

Oh not this f**king Anna Geary wan again.

"I suppose, I suppose, I suppose...."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement