Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

Woop. Haven't a clue what I submitted

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The fact I had to redact Stu's comments was rather amusing to me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Necro, After your comment on Prince earlier I;m glad it got this far. But then I've Stu to thank for that :D

Don;t know how you can;t like Prince though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Ha ha, good redaction!

Hard to argue with a bit of Prince :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Necro is so civil service he can't help himself redacting stuff. Ha.

Prince is an epic submission. I would be all over the dance floor for this. And I'm not a huge Prince fan either but this is an excellent song. And even though it reminds me of my 17 year old mate getting trashed and having to hold her hair while she vomited at midnight of the millenium, it's still a certified choon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

4th Place: AC/DC – Thunderstruck

Necro: Choon! I mean who doesn’t want to just rock out with their…. somethings out when this comes on. Was very hard to seperate this and others above it, but this unfortunately loses out in much the same way as Cyndi Lauper did... as every single time I go to my local some gobsheen puts it on the jukebox and starts screaming out the lyrics without abandon – this may or may not be me depending on levels of drunkeness :pac:. It’s ACa DaCa at their very best, and really what’s not to love about that.

Stu Redman: Very much like REDACTED, there was a point in my life when if the DJ in the local rural nightclub didn't set Thunderstruck and OTHER SONG loose in the rock set, it would be a talking point for me and the lads on the way home over our 3 in 1s.

Necro: 8th
    Stu: 3rd

14 points to
    It's not gonna be 3 in a row....Kolido

Two of Stu's top 3 drop in a row.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Necro is so civil service he can't help himself redacting stuff. Ha.

Careful now or I'll redact this comment too :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

osh wrote: »
    Necro, After your comment on Prince earlier I;m glad it got this far. But then I've Stu to thank for that :D

Don;t know how you can;t like Prince though

That is a great choice osh....

Necro wrote: »
    The fact I had to redact Stu's comments was rather amusing to me :P

I knew that if REDACTED ranked above Prince overall, you'd handle it ;)

And we move to our top 3 of
    partyjungle
    kitten
    Banjo

HYYYPEEEE

• Advertisement

I just googled the Thunderstruck video for the location and it was filmed in my local venue when I was young, Brixton Academy. I basically grew up there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897841e85facb394415eaedb72341bf7b626a8f8274&rid=giphy.gif

The Proclaimers - I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)

Necro: Again an oldie, but rightly high in my list. I’ve fond memories of leading a troupe of classmates on a march around a nightclub on the night of our debs to this tune and just going absolutely bonkers to it. The deliberate over-selling of the Scottish accent in this song just works, I can’t think of another song it suits so well, it’s like the Scottish version of ‘When Joxer goes to Stuttgart’ for me in terms of really accentuating the words in the dialect.

Stu Redman: I loved this, once, a long time ago. Not only was that love brief, but it was swiftly chiseled away with far too many requests. Have to give it objective points though, it's a failsafe song to get a dead floor moving, one of those standard songs which do no harm for a cover band or DJ to have in the pocket for that 1/10 times you might need it.

Necro: 2nd
    Stu: 9th

15 points and Third Place to

BAAAANNNNNNNJJJJJOOOOO diddle-ing ding ding

**** that 500 miles is envoking cringe moments at the end of nightclub sessions for me :/:)

Oh ****, I'm getting flashbacks to karaoke in Krakow

Great tune though!

Never heard redracted before looking forward to it

Who doesn't put on the fake most scottishy accent you can manage when you're singing it tho?

Ah would waaak feye hunnert meyells and ah would waaak feye hunnert more. :pac:

I just googled the Thunderstruck video for the location and it was filmed in my local venue when I was young, Brixton Academy. I basically grew up there :)

Plus the album was recorded in Windmill Lane in Dublin.

Earth, Wind & Fire: September

Necro: What’s not to like? Cheesey, funky - and dance-worthy! Everybody together now - Big Fish Little Fish Cardboard Box! Haven’t heard it in years either which probably helps it’s ranking if I’m completely honest. Once again I’m not familiar with Earth, Wind and Fire but now I’m making myself acquainted with their back catalogue. :D

Stu Redman: Ah look, when you enter this song in a dance category, I go into Highlander mode: "There can be only one". I couldn't even name you more than 3 EW+F songs, I just love September.

Necro: 5th
    Stu: 2nd

16 points and SECOND PLACE to

it's gotta be....partyjungle!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Good choice PJ. Was another of my options that one

• Advertisement

Meaning....

first place goes to...

tenor.gif?itemid=12064725

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

No 1 is going to be who let the dogs out isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8971ee35b2c28b57ede831758333935e11eadd32fb8&rid=giphy.gif

Earth, Wind & Fire: September

Stu Redman: Ah look, when you enter this song in a dance category, I go into Highlander mode: "There can be only one". I couldn't even name you more than 3 EW+F songs, I just love September.

*Completes playlist listen*

Nope, can't do it to my actual first choice. September is amazing, but one song in this category means more to me then all the rest.

^^^
    The rest of my blurb that I submitted for September, so hopefully the "There can be only one" thing makes some sense. September/Redacted was my unbeatable #1 until 1999 came along.

Bon Jovi - Livin’ On A Prayer

Necro: One of my fave songs of all time.
    Every time I think I’m getting a bit tired of it I hear that epic guitar solo and jump up on my coffee table in my underpants playing my air guitar - ok maybe a bit graphic.
    Powerslide time… AH CARPET BURN!! Seriously though, this is an amazing song that just personifies exactly what I was thinking about when adding this category.

Stu Redman: I flung many a drink down on many a table to take to many a dancefloor when this song came on in my life. Sure, it's overplayed but for good reason, it's a top tune to get a dancefloor full and roaring.

Necro: 1st
    Stu: 6th

17 points and FIRST PLACE to

giphy.gif

(Actual picture of Molly with the winner on her lap)
    kitten_k

Living on a prayer is so good it's almost cheating :p

(coincidentally, as I read what was first I'm singing it quietly to an unsettled baby!)

Bon Jovi - Livin’ On A Prayer

Necro: 1st
    Stu: 6th

17 points and FIRST PLACE to

giphy.gif

(Actual picture of Molly with the winner on her lap) :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    kitten_k

Excellent Excellent first place. Well deserved Kitten. And I'll have you know that my thighs are much much whiter than that persons. :pac::pac:

Well done Kitten :)

Congratulations Kitten,

Well done on the reveal Necro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I'm busy here consoling Chelsea Rodgers.

Thanks for bumping up my song Stu; you saved my bacon there. :)

Advertisement