Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    ...if the people will it I'll try and find it for the reveal tonight for the laugh :D

I sure as hell will it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Right I'm home and just getting my shizazz together. Dinner, some late late compiling and hoping to have the show on the road for 8pm or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well the wine is in and I am READY TO DANCE!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I sure as hell will it!

So I have bad news, it appears the video has been taken down from YouTube.

Good for me, not so much for you :pac:

Just tidying up the scoring and reveal now should be ready to launch soon.

So I have bad news, it appears the video has been taken down from YouTube

Which of their rules did it breach? :p

• Advertisement

HA!!! Genuine lol :D

Actually the user apparently closed their account :(

I actually had it saved in my favourites but it just shows as a deleted vid now :(

Right, I'm ready to go. Are y'all ready for this?

Firstly let me say I think this was the most fun round I had so far. Genuinely not one song I didn't like in some form or another. Ranking them was an absolute nightmare. Even up until about 7.30pm there I wasn't fully definite on placings for a couple of songs.

Some kept going up in my estimation, and others were staying static so it was really hard to decide on placements on my end. Stu's scores helped decide the final positions though. Whether that's good or bad well we'll find out together I suppose ;)

Hype.gif

17th Place: Shakira - Hips Don’t Lie

Necro: This causes conflicting feelings within Necro, mainly for the video VS the actual song. Like… the video is just AMAZING. Shakira’s hips do not lie, that is for certain. The song is a bit meh though unfortunately for me. I do like the beat but overall it’s not as killer of a song as the ones above it. And I have to be honest, Shakira’s warbling does absolutely nothing for me, it’s the same vocal every song since Whenever, Wherever – she looks great gyrating and vibrating to the beats in her music but her voice reminds me of a castrated goat. Video firmly on repeat though :)

Stu Redman: No matter what song has been submitted, no matter how familiar with it I might already be, I give everything a few listens with fresh ears for Walrus. So, I saw this coming up and a little part of me died inside, but I persevered a few times. Nope, no new understanding of the song or fondness for it, nothing. Shakira's voice just irks me. I've danced to all sorts, but I've no memory of ever being drunk and delighted to hear this song come on. I'm just not built for it. Then we go back to the objective vs subjective thing, yeah it's a great mover, but everything submitted in this round is a mover.

Necro: 12th
    Stu: 17th

1 point to
    Barney92

"Her voice reminds me of a castrated goat"...shots fired already!

So...

Necro is familiar with the sounds of a castrated goat...is the main point to take away from the reveal for 17th spot :D

• Advertisement

The best thing about Shakira is making fun of her voice. *sings nasally*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

When Shakira first came out with Wherever Whenever, my dad was only in his early 40s and if we were watching the music channels and she was on, he'd say to my mother and I joking, 'i will not have a bad word said about Shakira in this house' so I'm saying nothing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I can’t remember what I submitted, not gonna check my PM just gonna let it be a surprise

16th Place: David Guetta feat. Akon - Sexy B!tch

Necro: I’m not sure on this one. I nod along to it every time I hear it but then I forget it 10 mins later tbh. I think it falls into a place where there were literally SOOO many of these tunes released around the same time by similar sounding artists that it just never really resonated with me – and in fairness, the video is absolutely banging. A good tune, definitely something I’d get up and move to, but there are better submissions in this category that fit what I’d be looking for in terms of grooving.

Stu Redman: A song I've not taken to before, but I'm trying here. I'm trying to imagine it coming on in a club and me either staying on the dancefloor or taking to it. It's just not happening, I'd want to be on some wild mixture that particular night.

Necro: 13th
    Stu: 16th

2 points to
    Tammy!

15th Place: Matt Simons - Catch & Release

Necro: I really hate doing this to this song as I absolutely love it. I’ve listened to it a good bit and tried to move it higher but it’s just not something that springs to my mind when I hit the floor. I’m not one for the slow dance set, I’d be the lad at the bar telling stupid jokes amongst the other philistines tbh. Sorry! It’s not the song per se, it’s the category it’s entered in.

Stu Redman: This would be one of those nice chilled ones, one you might get the shift to.

Necro: 17th
    Stu: 10th

3 points to
    Green&Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Stu Redman: A song I've not taken to before, but I'm trying here. I'm trying to imagine it coming on in a club and me either staying on the dancefloor or taking to it. It's just not happening, I'd want to be on some wild mixture that particular nig

You're trying to find the words to describe the song without being disrespectful :pac:

Nah on reflection, I wanted to change it to Follow Rivers by Lykke Li. That is a lovely dance/club song but I do like Sexy Bitch :)

Sorry! It’s not the song per se, it’s the category it’s entered in

Oh, this round there's category rules! ;):p

Genuinely did a double take when I saw the next song in the list and even moreso when I saw the entrant. :eek:

Then I looked at the artist's name
    :pac::pac:

14th Place: Interpol - Slow Hands

Necro: Again this is another tune that I quite like, it takes a while for me to get that sort of… groove feel from it though. A few more listens and I can see why this was entered, it’s one of those songs for the self-conscious males (they’re everywhere) to get up and shoulder each other around the dancefloor to, generally their ages range from 15 anywhere up to around 30. I can get on board with that as I was once that guy. But I have to somehow rank these and unfortunately this just doesn’t get me toe-tapping enough to rise any higher than this. :D

Stu Redman: A band I've tried to get into at numerous points over the last 15 years, but apart from their first album I've found it quite hard. This song was one of the few I liked from their second album, but hearing it for the first time in years now I'm not getting the urge to go back to Interpol. I imagine if I was a fan of the band, this would be hard not to move to at an Interpol gig.

Necro: 14th
    Stu: 12th

4 points to
    fixxxer

13th Place: Lady Gaga - Born This Way

Necro: Ok so I love me some Lady Gaga. Pokerface, Just Dance, Bad Romance and I’m front and centre on the dancefloor doing stupid moves. Born This Way doesn’t fall quite into that category though. Maybe it’s the overlong production of her videos that drive me a bit loopy, but it’s just not in the same category for me that I’ve mentioned previously. Also at this stage in her career Gaga was just in the rinse and repeat stage, all her songs kind of just blend into each other if you really think about it, particularly the likes of Born This Way. Still a good song, but the ones ahead of it are better… all imo, of course.

Stu Redman: Nope, thought I could do it, but sorry. Great chorus, undoubtably an ass mover, but I forgot about that breakdown. Lady Gaga is a supreme talent through and through, studio or live, but I'm not one to take to the dancefloor when her songs come on now that I think about it.

Necro: 9th
    Stu: 15th

5 points to
    Deleted User

Stu now with the scathing comments :D

• Advertisement

15th Place: Matt Simons - Catch & Release

Necro: 17th
    Stu: 10th

3 points to
    Green&Red

Not sure how you dance to this?

12th Place: Usher - Yeah!

Necro: Peace Up, A Town Down - what a song. I love this Usher track, the right mix of rap and some sweet dance beats to make this an unforgettable one. Thanks for this entry! I love putting on this song on a semi-regular basis and just vibing. The chorus is uber repetitive, catchy but a little bit bleh at times. The real cool part of this song is the rapping for me.

Stu Redman: A popular one in the clubs, but one which just never resonated with me. I do like the music, just not gone on Usher or the 'yeah yeah yeah'.

Necro: 7th
    Stu: 14th

6 points to
    sullivlo

Stu you absolute monster :eek:

Good man Stu :p

12th Place: Usher - Yeah!

Necro: Peace Up, A Town Down - what a song. I love this Usher track, the right mix of rap and some sweet dance beats to make this an unforgettable one. Thanks for this entry! I love putting on this song on a semi-regular basis and just vibing. The chorus is uber repetitive, catchy but a little bit bleh at times. The real cool part of this song is the rapping for me.

Stu Redman: A popular one in the clubs, but one which just never resonated with me. I do like the music, just not gone on Usher or the 'yeah yeah yeah'.

Necro: 7th
    Stu: 14th

6 points to
    sullivlo

Stu you absolute monster :eek:

"Songs without singing are musical ****" - I cower in your monsterness :D

13th Place: Lady Gaga - Born This Way

Necro: 9th
    Stu: 15th

5 points to
    Deleted User

Stu now with the scathing comments :D

I would totally dance to this but jesus christ the video is weird af.

11th Place: Prince - Chelsea Rodgers (DJ K Disco Funk Re-Edit)

Necro: So this is… grand. Funky, nice beat. Is it something I see myself grooving to though? Not really, tbh. Was never really a Prince fan anyways, and the whole remix thing puts me even further off it. There’s just something about that background beat that’s infuriating, though I don’t really know the original but I feel I should be outraged… does that make any sense??? Probably not. Anyways as I said… grand. And that’s about all I can say I guess.

Stu Redman: This remix is 8 minutes long, and still not long enough. The original is a mover by itself and would have scored well with me, but I really like this too.

Necro: 16th
    Stu: 4th

7 points to
    Sheridan81

Yeah as you can see our tastes are slightly differing here :pac:

"Songs without singing are musical ****" - I cower in your monsterness :D

Not all songs. Mainly Orion, and mainly as I'm not listening to the album in full for the benefit of this contest :p

11th Place: Prince - Chelsea Rodgers (DJ K Disco Funk Re-Edit)

Necro: So this is… grand. Funky, nice beat. Is it something I see myself grooving to though? Not really, tbh. Was never really a Prince fan anyways, and the whole remix thing puts me even further off it. There’s just something about that background beat that’s infuriating, though I don’t really know the original but I feel I should be outraged… does that make any sense??? Probably not. Anyways as I said… grand. And that’s about all I can say I guess.

Stu Redman: This remix is 8 minutes long, and still not long enough. The original is a mover by itself and would have scored well with me, but I really like this too.

Necro: 16th
    Stu: 4th

7 points to
    Sheridan81

Yeah as you can see our tastes are slightly differing here :pac:

Necro you monster :eek:

What kind of fitness freak are you, you could be out dancing for over 8 minutes drunk. :P

• Advertisement

10th Place: Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Necro: I was wondering if this would be entered when we were making up the categories actually. It’s definitely one of those songs that you want to jump up and dance to, for sure. The problem, and why this is so low for me is that it’s also on every time I go out, (mostly) not by my own doing.... mostly. Overplayed I think is the best way to describe it.

Stu Redman: No messing, no dragged out hifalutin intro, just straight in with the beat and it doesn't let up until the end. Fcuk no I don't regularly throw shapes to this, but I would if my ID let me :D

Necro: 15th
    Stu: 5th

8 points to
    Mollyb60

Again a big differing of opinion here... seems to be becoming a trend. Is there a rift in the camp :eek:
    Also I feel bad ranking this song so low personally but it's played on repeat every single bloody time I'm out :cool:

Advertisement