Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

Necro wrote: »
    Lord/Lady of the Dance: One of Necro’s favourite things about music is how it makes people hit the floor and get their boogie on when they hear a certain song. Send us one that gets you on your feet and grooving everytime you hear it!!

Aiming to reveal this round from about 8pm tomorrow evening after discussions with my co-judge :)

Sure, let's do it.

Saturday night with a bunch of upbeat tunes, why not!

Unless people want to rerun the Forever Young round??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sure, let's do it.

Saturday night with a bunch of upbeat tunes, why not!

Unless people want to rerun the Forever Young round??

I'm not working till 4 on Sunday either so it may be a partially drunk reveal you'll be getting :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

FINAL REVEAL AT NEXT FORUM BEERSSSSSsssss

I'm not working till 4 on Sunday either so it may be a partially drunk reveal you'll be getting :D:D:D:D

Excellent idea. It's my first Saturday night off in an age.

eTC0J8N.png?1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Awww and you'll be spending it with us on a reveal for Walrus - the things you do for Forum Games Stu :pac:

• Advertisement

Awww and you'll be spending it with us on a reveal for Walrus - the things you do for Forum Games Stu :pac:

Judging that Eurovision round was the worst yet, I want an award for that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Did someone say Saturday Night Walrus?
    ypaBMWG1f4-12.png
    Travolta's best!

"well you can tell by the way I use my tusks...."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Looks like I might be home alone (well, plus baby) tomorrow too, so a couple of beers and a walrus reveal would be great :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Feel free to suggest a song while you are taking swipes or promoting another game. :)

:eek:

That smiley face at the end. Meow

• Advertisement

Maybe not a song artist that fit the bill but a comedian and a song that may have, I think hearing his back story after he died and watching many things about him he seemed like a man at the pinnacle of his career with Fr.Ted after many struggles mainly with rte. I kinda wish I submitted it now because many times when you are expecting a type of song or artist and you get the complete opposite it enhances things.

Not a great song but its not that bad either and one that always brings a smile to my face and many a thought for Dermot

Might have done well in the Irish or Eurovision song round also :D

Right so this category was the most fun for me as I fully expected.

I don't think there's a song in the 17 I dislike actually... ok so maybe 1 or 2 I like LESS than the rest let's put it that way.

It's also the hardest for me to categorise in terms of placing.

I'm at work till 6 and home by 7 so hope to have the show underway by 8 - 8.30pm at the latest tonight.

And yes that means that Necro is probably going to be more wordy in his reviews this evening.

Let's call it 'more Stu-like'

:pac:

quickbeam wrote: »
    :eek:

;)

And yes that means that Necro is probably going to be more wordy in his reviews this evening.

Let's call it 'more Stu-like'

:pac:

Looking forward to your insights :D

Looking forward to strutting my stuff on my living room dance floor!

tumblr_oq7jpn7WJJ1upk172o1_400.gif

G5QwCF.gif

Careful now fixxxer, your next post is number 4000.... :D

is it??

oh ****

• Advertisement

It boggles my mind that in one game of Werewolf you posted the same as 1/5 of my entire boards total by the way.

fixxxer wrote: »
    It boggles my mind that in one game of Werewolf you posted the same as 1/5 of my entire boards total by the way.

I should be embarrassed but that's not even my highest posting game :pac:

Man this is the toughest round to score yet. Just when I think I'm happy with my own scoring I listen to another entry and go 'oh but maybe this one should be a bit higher' And then I look at the list and start trying to fabricate reasons to drop others down a place :(

*Totally not listening to music at work btw, noooo sirreee that would never happen* :o

This is probably the round I struggled with most. I've never been much of a dancer so just went with a nostalgia pick more than anything else, by revisiting my early twenties.

So I won't be too offended if I don't do well here (I'll just stay bitter about the low scores my Tom Waits and ABBA picks got instead >__< :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm the same. Can't dance, won't dance. Might be no fun in a club but when you come back from the floor and you still have a seat, a drink and a handbag my value shines through.

But there's one song who's call no one refuses....
    And I willingly accept the last place finish it'll win me :)

She likes to boogie while I stand at the bar
    And I feel like a freak who can't let go
    And I'd like to start dancing round a pink handbag
    But I got no rhythm, I've got lead in my shoes
    She's my disco queen and I'm gonna lose her

So a few different things that would have scored well in this round for me...

Firstly something different....

Then we jump into the mosh pit...

And stay there...

Next we go clubbing

And now we go back in time

And finish off with an all time classic :pac:

(That last one is sort of a joke, but actually would have done ok with me... Stu possibly not so much... :D )

Stupid work shaved off half my link when posting. Should be working now

Banjo wrote: »
    I'm the same. Can't dance, won't dance. Might be no fun in a club but when you come back from the floor and you still have a seat, a drink and a handbag my value shines through.

But there's one song who's call no one refuses....
    And I willingly accept the last place finish it'll win me :)

There's actually a video of me dancing a number of years ago at a charity event floating around somewhere on YouTube.

It's not pretty, least of all the horrific red silk shirt I was given for the routine :o

But if the people will it I'll try and find it for the reveal tonight for the laugh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I love trance and I love he's a pirate, but that's not something that should ever have been mixed together

Having said that, I'd still probably dance to it on a night out lol

Advertisement