Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

I am with you on this one, everything about it is a commodity item, they dont make a pretense like the other brands. I have had shocking paint on all sorts of cars. Look if your driving one as it should be driven there will be a half dozen stone chips on in 1000km anyway. I dont think its the kind of car that you do a 1000 euro PPF on..keeping it fresh for the next man. Every car I ever hads saw paint before delivery. They all get damaged in shipping. My car has a small chip and a small scuff, not worth the effort to fix, everything else is 100%. I took delivery of a Volvo Xc90 that needed 9 recalls in 3 years, had airbag system that went haywire, the paint was holographed from a dealer applied "ceramic coating" and the rear bumper had seen filler and paint from a delivery related bang...I will take tesla any-day, at least I know whats what. I used to moderte car detailing forum, I am particular about a clean, un swirled car, but I just cannot get worked up about minor imperfections.

Did the center console wrap. Easy enough. Hairdryer needed to get it round the cup holder area. Some little bubbles will need "pop with pin later". The gloss black was already getting scratched so this is a good mod. Much easier than youtube would have you believe.

Updated the software in the car and now my good satellite maps are gone, seems you have to pay for them which is fine...but they are yet to roll out the ability to pay. Well played Tesla. ;:

20200126-114916.jpg
    20200126-114908.jpg

First fast charger experiance very easy ESB charger in Blanchardstown. Used the CCS. Was charging for about 30 minutes and cost me 12 euro which is pricey enough, a full charge would be in the region of 25-30 euro, however the privileged parking space alone was worth the cost of the charge. Very hassle free experiance.

Screenshot-20200126-153210-Tesla.jpg
    20200126-153145.jpg
    baby name creator online
    Is 38KW all you get out of those fast chargers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

sln852 wrote: »
    That doesn't sound right. You should have one year free premium connectivity included with the performance model which would have the satellite maps.

I was told you get 1 year connectivity with all versions, then after 1 year, to keep the internet browser and Netflix connected you pay €100 a year.

The guy said however if you didn't want to pay for the premium connectivity, you'd still get a basic connection which allowed Google Maps to still work i.e. you'll alway shave navigation on the car, premium connection or not

• Registered Users Posts: 65,057 ✭✭✭✭unkel

33c per kwh so 73*33 = 24 euro + an overstay fee of 5 euro cause the lines in Crispy Cream are biblical. :)

It's 29c (based on the subscription model which is free for the year) but no, I did not take into account an overstay fee :p

I'm no fan of doughnuts and I'll never understand the 200 car queues that were there for the drive through last year when it opened :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Is 38KW all you get out of those fast chargers

Generally they max out at ~47kW

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

I was told you get 1 year connectivity with all versions, then after 1 year, to keep the internet browser and Netflix connected you pay €100 a year.

The guy said however if you didn't want to pay for the premium connectivity, you'd still get a basic connection which allowed Google Maps to still work i.e. you'll alway shave navigation on the car, premium connection or not

I think the SR+ get's a 30 day trial included. The LR and Performance get 1 year free unless you ordered the car on or before June 30th last in which case you'll have premium connectivity included for the lifetime of the car.

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/support/connectivity

Table on that page shows what's included as standard (navigation) and other features are accessible over wifi with the standard connectivity package.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

unkel wrote: »
    It's 29c (based on the subscription model which is free for the year) but no, I did not take into account an overstay fee :p

I'm no fan of doughnuts and I'll never understand the 200 car queues that were there for the drive through last year when it opened :eek:

I will eat everything I see but donuts are not my thing pure stoge. My kids go mad for them. It was packed today.

Not a fan of the subscription model. You would need to be putting 125kwh into your car a month for it to break even no way I would do that. The 5 euro overstay fee after 45 minutes is a bit much too, should really only apply once the car stops drawing power from the charger

I have raised the premium connectivity issue with tesla, may be a configuration issue their end. Lets see.

What’s the price for a years subscription? Guy told me €100 a year, which seems reasonable

Subscription is free for the first year. After that I'll cancel. I'm no fan of the subscription model either for a service I will rarely need.

Subscription is free for the first year. After that I'll cancel. I'm no fan of the subscription model either for a service I will rarely need.

True, and if you ever need the car to be connected, you can always set up a hotspot on the phone, and connect the car to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Free first year was only up to end Nov 2019 thats long gone now worst luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭taylorsrichard

1 year premium connectivity is included with the premium interior (according to the Tesla website configurator). It used to be free for the lifetime of the car, but now it only applies for 1 year, after which it’s €9.99 a month. Should be included with your performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

Free first year was only up to end Nov 2019 thats long gone now worst luck.

Its still showing first year free on the premium interior on the Tesla configurator...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gcuan

Hi All
    About to order a Model 3 Standard+,

Does anyone know if you can hold your place in the queue with your own name and then buy in a company name?

I see people referring to "valid" referral codes, do they become invalid? And is it ok to ask here for one?

I'm looking at black & black
    does anybody have any other tips for when ordering?
    Also is early April a realistic eta?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

ESB charger in Blanchardstown. Used the CCS. Was charging for about 30 minutes and cost me 12 euro which is pricey enough, a full charge would be in the region of 25-30 euro
    33c per kwh so 73*33 = 24 euro + an overstay fee of 5 euro

Some here were advocating for €1 per kWh/min charges from ECars - would be costing you almost €80 then for a full charge :eek:.
    Guy in a PHEV took my spot afterwards...I spat at him the filthy casual.

Hope it wasn't rolion - he seems to have issues with BEV drivers using fast chargers too :D.

Well wear & remember, keep her between the ditches :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

38kW does seem very poor charging speed at 56% SOC though, albeit from a 50kW charger.
    People losing the head with the new Ioniq charging at that speed :confused:.

gcuan wrote: »
    Hi All
    About to order a Model 3 Standard+,

Does anyone know if you can hold your place in the queue with your own name and then buy in a company name?

I see people referring to "valid" referral codes, do they become invalid? And is it ok to ask here for one?

I'm looking at black & black
    does anybody have any other tips for when ordering?
    Also is early April a realistic eta?

TIA
    Doubt you can change from personal order to company without cancelling the original order.

Feel free to use my referral code. I'll PM it to you.

Delivery date is a lottery

Delivery date is a lottery

How much of a lottery in reality? It predicts March on the website, what is the likelihood of it running past early April?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

sln852 wrote: »
    I think the SR+ get's a 30 day trial included. The LR and Performance get 1 year free unless you ordered the car on or before June 30th last in which case you'll have premium connectivity included for the lifetime of the car.

It says *2018* on that link though, so I don't think any Irish M3s qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

How much of a lottery in reality? It predicts March on the website, what is the likelihood of it running past early April?

Oh, you sweet summer child... There's quite a few of us on this thread alone who were told August (2019) when we ordered in May (2019) and are still waiting. There's optimistic noises that those of us will get them in Feb (2020), and new orders are being told 'March' but nothing is certain until it is.

(also, referral PM'd too - new orders raffle them)

As for Personal/Company order, not sure what the difference is, the Order Management team in Tesla should be able to make any changes to keep an order valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

EVGuy wrote: »
    It says *2018* on that link though, so I don't think any Irish M3s qualify?

No you're right. No lifetime premium connectivity for any of us. I misread it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

For those who collected their cars already, how do you do the visual inspection? Do you ask for time to inspect it or do they invite you to? Are they standing over you or do they give you time and space?

This kinda got lost in the cat-spat that followed, but I’d love to hear from those who got their cars please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭KCross

First fast charger experiance very easy ESB charger in Blanchardstown. Used the CCS. Was charging for about 30 minutes and cost me 12 euro which is pricey enough...

Something doesnt quite add up there.

At 30mins the most you would pay if you managed to max out the charger for all of the 30mins would be 47kW*0.5(30mins)=23.5kWh @ 33c/kWh=€7.76

And looking at your screenshot you werent even max'ing out the charger as you were only getting 38kW so it should be less again.

And you were inside the time limit for the overstay fee so thats not it either.

How did you get €12?

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    Oh, you sweet summer child... There's quite a few of us on this thread alone who were told August (2019) when we ordered in May (2019) and are still waiting. There's optimistic noises that those of us will get them in Feb (2020), and new orders are being told 'March' but nothing is certain until it is.

Put it this way, Niro is a realistic May I'm told. Circumstances dictate that that's too long for me to wait. I could hold out until Mid April for the model 3 but that would be about it.
    If they told me 15th of May for sure I'd probably be heading to the Hyundai garage in the morning. So is that what I should be doing?

Also a birdie told me that there's a batch on the way this week so hopefully yours is one of them. I wonder could it be that the delay you've experienced is because it was early days? And that being the case should I hold out hope for April now that they're up and running. If there's no hope of that I'd much rather know now.
    Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    (also, referral PM'd too - new orders raffle them)
    Good idea, that's what I'll do if I do go ahead with it.

I need to get something ordered asap. Its a model 3 if April is realistic, its a Kona if not, what would people advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Kramer wrote: »
    38kW does seem very poor charging speed at 56% SOC though, albeit from a 50kW charger.
    People losing the head with the new Ioniq charging at that speed :confused:.

It's a 100A 400V charger according to OpenChargeMap. Model 3 at 56% is about 394V. 394x100=39.4kW, minus a bit for HVAC etc.

Basically 50kW from that charger is impossible even though that's its nominal rating.

Ioniq would be much worse due to lower pack voltage.

Screenshot-20200126-223321.png

Lumen wrote: »
    It's a 100A 400V charger according to OpenChargeMap. Model 3 at 56% is about 394V. 394x100=39.4kW, minus a bit for HVAC etc.

Basically 50kW from that charger is impossible even though that's its nominal rating.

OpenChargeMap must be wrong about the max amps so. I always get the full 50kW out of any of these Efacec triple head 50kW chargers in Ioniq. Cold or hot weather, car cold or hot.

From 0% up to about 80% or so when the car starts to taper a bit

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Lumen wrote: »

It's officially a 125A 400V charger, someone keeps editing eCars chargers to downrate them to 45kW on open platforms. Highest I recorded on the Ioniq from that charger was 126.9A at 390.1V meaning I was receiving 49.5kW. Battery was at 78% so it was just before the Ioniq starts to ramp down.

Put it this way, Niro is a realistic May I'm told. Circumstances dictate that that's too long for me to wait. I could hold out until Mid April for the model 3 but that would be about it.
    If they told me 15th of May for sure I'd probably be heading to the Hyundai garage in the morning. So is that what I should be doing?

Also a birdie told me that there's a batch on the way this week so hopefully yours is one of them. I wonder could it be that the delay you've experienced is because it was early days? And that being the case should I hold out hope for April now that they're up and running. If there's no hope of that I'd much rather know now.

Good idea, that's what I'll do if I do go ahead with it.

I need to get something ordered asap. Its a model 3 if April is realistic, its a Kona if not, what would people advise?
    Best to call Sandyford to ask the million dollar question.

Maybe they have more inventory cars on route.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Hartunion

Bluetooth Issue - Looking for help !!!

I have an Iphone XR and it pairs fine with the M3 however since I purchased the car every now and then I need to reboot in order that the person who I'm calling or who calls me can hear me. I can hear them fine and the phone pairs fine in that I see my contact etc etc. The problem is they can't hear me. It used to be a reboot would sort it out for a week or so but now I have to reboot each day and never know if it's going to work or not until I make a call only to find out I can't be heard on the other side.

Anyone have the same problem - real pain in the arse I have to say, need to frantically grab the phone and switch it to Iphone and continue the call holding the phone which of course is illegal.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

Hartunion wrote: »

I have an Iphone XR and it pairs fine with the M3 however since I purchased the car every now and then I need to reboot in order that the person who I'm calling or who calls me can hear me. I can hear them fine and the phone pairs fine in that I see my contact etc etc. The problem is they can't hear me. It used to be a reboot would sort it out for a week or so but now I have to reboot each day and never know if it's going to work or not until I make a call only to find out I can't be heard on the other side.

Anyone have the same problem - real pain in the arse I have to say, need to frantically grab the phone and switch it to Iphone and continue the call holding the phone which of course is illegal.

Thanks

If it was an Android I'd tell you to go into setting and make sure the bluetooth is enabled for audio and calls etc not just one or the other. Really don't know anything about Apple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

Hartunion wrote: »

Thanks

I'm not sure about the 3 but if the scroll wheel toggles the volume up and down during a call you should try moving it up and down during a call when they can't hear you. It works with the S when it goes wonky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement