Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

Email reply from Tesla today on asking when I might expect my LR AWD: "We are expecting cars to start arriving end of Feb. We will be in touch once yours is ready to be collected." I was VIN matched around 15th January for an October 9th order.

Based on delays after that to get through the SEAI and various other things, I guess that probably means end of March to April at least for latest cars to be delivered? And later than that for more recent orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

mrbongo wrote: »
    Email reply from Tesla today on asking when I might expect my LR AWD: "We are expecting cars to start arriving end of Feb. We will be in touch once yours is ready to be collected." I was VIN matched around 15th January for an October 9th order.

Based on delays after that to get through the SEAI and various other things, I guess that probably means end of March to April at least for latest cars to be delivered? And later than that for more recent orders?

Have you filled in the SEAI paperwork that Tesla sends? Once Tesla has a VIN for you they can submit the application and it should come back in two weeks, well before your delivery. The delay over Christmas was because they shut down for three weeks over that period.

maclek wrote: »
    Have you filled in the SEAI paperwork that Tesla sends? Once Tesla has a VIN for you they can submit the application and it should come back in two weeks, well before your delivery. The delay over Christmas was because they shut down for three weeks over that period.

Yes, I filled that in 2 weeks ago. It seems meaningless as having anything to do with delivery date. Tesla have my signed doc and I presume won't send it in until car arrives - earliest being end of Feb looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

What's the best email address for delivery enquiries

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Hartunion wrote: »
    Bluetooth Issue - Looking for help !!!

I have an Iphone XR and it pairs fine with the M3 however since I purchased the car every now and then I need to reboot in order that the person who I'm calling or who calls me can hear me. I can hear them fine and the phone pairs fine in that I see my contact etc etc. The problem is they can't hear me. It used to be a reboot would sort it out for a week or so but now I have to reboot each day and never know if it's going to work or not until I make a call only to find out I can't be heard on the other side.

Anyone have the same problem - real pain in the arse I have to say, need to frantically grab the phone and switch it to Iphone and continue the call holding the phone which of course is illegal.

Thanks

Sometimes the volume drops down on phone setting for some unknown reason. When someone calls (or dial 171) turn the volume up on the steering wheel button.

I'm pretty sure that'll fix it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

What's the best email address for delivery enquiries

deliveryGB@tesla.com

• Registered Users Posts: 45 yellatdave

Given the undercarriage being so low to the ground (particularly in P version), has anyone noticed scraping while driving their M3 over some of our more ludicrous speed bumps? Is there potential for battery pack damage or am I just being paranoid? :o

I got a quote to install a Tesla Wall Connector with priority switch in Dublin for 940 eur! :eek: That's not including the 530 for the wall connector.

Perchance anyone knows of someone reliable that has installed for a more reasonable cost?

501173.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I got a quote to install a Tesla Wall Connector with priority switch in Dublin for 940 eur!

Wow - that's over 9 hours labour at €50 per hour with a €200 RCD (made of platinum?).

:eek:.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah I’m thinking of buying the Tesla WC and getting a friend (ESB Networks sparks) to install it for me, foregoing the SEAI grant.. and probably still saving a few quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Yeah I’m thinking of buying the Tesla WC and getting a friend (ESB Networks sparks) to install it for me, foregoing the SEAI grant.. and probably still saving a few quid.

Why would you forego the grant in that situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Yes, I filled that in 2 weeks ago. It seems meaningless as having anything to do with delivery date. Tesla have my signed doc and I presume won't send it in until car arrives - earliest being end of Feb looks like.

They just need the VIN to apply for grant, the car does not have to be in the country to do that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

JPA wrote: »
    Why would you forego the grant in that situation?

Mate would be doing it as a nixer so chances are he couldn’t do the paperwork required for the SEAI grant, but if he can do the paperwork, then it’s a bonus and he can earn a few extra quid for doing the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Yeah I’m thinking of buying the Tesla WC

When I frist read that I though...jesus tesla make everything now.

Mate would be doing it as a boxer so chances are he couldn’t do the paperwork required for the SEAI grant, but if he can do the paperwork, then it’s a bonus and he can earn a few extra quid for doing the job

Nixer I assume! If he can certify it that is all that is needed. Worth checking anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Nixer I assume! If he can certify it that is all that is needed. Worth checking anyway.

In my experience sparks don't certify nixers, but I gues YMMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

When I frist read that I though...jesus tesla make everything now.

I put my $10 deposit down the day of the reveal

501204.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

So it looks like the new update downgraded my connectivity to standard....Tesla sandyford dont know why but its not an isolated incident. They will fix it in the next patch maybe.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

He'd have to be on the list of registered seai installers to get the grant I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

Bad news for existing SR+ white interior orders, like mine...

From UK forumn

"I was just contacted today, only after me contacting them i might add. to say the white interior is the cause of the delay and would i consider a specification change. they also said that i will join the bottom of the queue for the specification i choose to switch too!

How the hell they can get away with treating customers like this is crazy!

I am so close to cancelling my order because of this now"

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He'd have to be on the list of registered seai installers to get the grant I think.

Just has to be a registered electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

So it looks like the new update downgraded my connectivity to standard....Tesla sandyford dont know why but its not an isolated incident. They will fix it in the next patch maybe.

Don't worry you're not alone! When I picked up my car today it was missing premium connectivity. There was a bit of head scratching amongst them then they emailed Holland and by the time I got home and stopped, the car rebooted itself and everything working. Other than that a pretty smooth handover. One or two minor cosmetic issues that were noted and the car was missing type 2 cable which they had to go and get from parts. Car amazing though and well worth the wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

gcuan wrote: »
    Hi All
    About to order a Model 3 Standard+,

Does anyone know if you can hold your place in the queue with your own name and then buy in a company name?

I see people referring to "valid" referral codes, do they become invalid? And is it ok to ask here for one?

I'm looking at black & black
    does anybody have any other tips for when ordering?
    Also is early April a realistic eta?

TIA

Dont know about switching from one to another but remember that €5000 seai grant off price if personal purchase but no grant if business. Company purchase may still stack up financially but do the maths first.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mickeroo wrote: »

Nope. Just a registered sparks.
    They issue 2 Certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Bad news for existing SR+ white interior orders, like mine...

From UK forumn

"I was just contacted today, only after me contacting them i might add. to say the white interior is the cause of the delay and would i consider a specification change. they also said that i will join the bottom of the queue for the specification i choose to switch too!

How the hell they can get away with treating customers like this is crazy!

I am so close to cancelling my order because of this now"

I have a Lr AWD with black interior ordered since 31/05/19 - wonder what excuse they have that my order was awkward to fill-

Still no date of delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

mouthful wrote: »
    I have a Lr AWD with black interior ordered since 31/05/19 - wonder what excuse they have that my order was awkward to fill-

Still no date of delivery

Keep checking your account. Mine showed up there before I got a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭digiman

Picked my car up today, and I'm on version 9. How did you manage to get yours to update?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just has to be a registered electrician.
    kceire wrote: »
    Nope. Just a registered sparks.
    They issue 2 Certs.

Yeah my bad, was mixing up SEAI with safe electric I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭zg3409

I got a quote to install a Tesla Wall Connector with priority switch in Dublin for 940 eur! :eek: That's not including the 530 for the wall connector.

Perchance anyone knows of someone reliable that has installed for a more reasonable cost?

501173.png

I got a Zappi installed in Dublin for 250 euro from a guy from Galway. All in including fuse. cable, mileage vat and cert etc. If possible get someone that has installed a car charger before but its basically a 32 amp outdoor socket. Any local electrician can do it. He was gone in 1/2 an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That's not a completely like to like comparison since the Zappi and Tesla wall connector are different.

e.g. the Zappi has "Built-in RCD protection" but RCCB and RCD are different.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement