Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

zg3409 wrote: »
    I got a Zappi installed in Dublin for 250 euro from a guy from Galway. All in including fuse. cable, mileage vat and cert etc. If possible get someone that has installed a car charger before but its basically a 32 amp outdoor socket. Any local electrician can do it. He was gone in 1/2 an hour.
    Sounds way too cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Freqcort

mrbongo wrote: »
    I got a quote to install a Tesla Wall Connector with priority switch in Dublin for 940 eur! :eek: That's not including the 530 for the wall connector.

Perchance anyone knows of someone reliable that has installed for a more reasonable cost?

501173.png

That seems very high. I paid 140e for the installation of my tesla wc, the guy ran 15 mtr of cable, 32 amp switch but I didn't need priority switch. I'm based in the midlands so not paying Dublin prices but almost 7 times the price seems really high. If it takes more that 1-2 hours to install there is something very specific about the installation or very wrong. Shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭taylorsrichard

When did people get their reg numbers prior to collection? Scheduled for delivery tomorrow but still no word on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

When did people get their reg numbers prior to collection? Scheduled for delivery tomorrow but still no word on it.

For me it was that morning from Sandyford but I had rang sales a day before and they already had it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Chaz76 wrote: »
    Don't worry you're not alone! When I picked up my car today it was missing premium connectivity. There was a bit of head scratching amongst them then they emailed Holland and by the time I got home and stopped, the car rebooted itself and everything working. Other than that a pretty smooth handover. One or two minor cosmetic issues that were noted and the car was missing type 2 cable which they had to go and get from parts. Car amazing though and well worth the wait!!

Yeah mine got fixed last night too, obviously needed to set a toggle correctly. Have you accelerated enough time to make yourself ill yet.....I came close at the weekend and had to get out and get some air.

My home charger cost about 600 euro to install + cost of the charger. It was a half days job for the sparks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

My home charger cost about 600 euro to install + cost of the charger. It was a half days job for the sparks.

That seems reasonable enough, so basically the installation was free, and you just paid for the charger.

Did you get all the SEAI paperwork filled in to apply for the grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

mrbongo wrote: »
    I got a quote to install a Tesla Wall Connector with priority switch in Dublin for 940 eur! :eek: That's not including the 530 for the wall connector.

Perchance anyone knows of someone reliable that has installed for a more reasonable cost?

501173.png

These guys did my one but they were working for another company at the time. They sent me these new contact details after they left that company

David Dunning | EV Charging Solutions Project Manager |

Darkin EV

Darkin Group

Unit 22, Block 613, Greenouge Business Park, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin

Office: +353 1 4016746| Mob +353 87 3967401 |

www.darkinelectrical.ie/car-charging/

jfk75 wrote: »
    For me it was that morning from Sandyford but I had rang sales a day before and they already had it.
    Yikes. And when did you find out that the SEAI grant had come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

Bad news for existing SR+ white interior orders, like mine...

From UK forumn

"I was just contacted today, only after me contacting them i might add. to say the white interior is the cause of the delay and would i consider a specification change. they also said that i will join the bottom of the queue for the specification i choose to switch too!

How the hell they can get away with treating customers like this is crazy!

I am so close to cancelling my order because of this now"

I've been waiting on a SR+ with a black interior since July so I'm not entirely sure what delay they're speaking of

kev22185 wrote: »
    I've been waiting on a SR+ with a black interior since July so I'm not entirely sure what delay they're speaking of
    Its the dog aet my homework excuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

kev22185 wrote: »

And what did the guys in Dublin say when you rang them?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

eddhorse wrote: »
    And what did the guys in Dublin say when you rang them?

The usual....lots of deliveries expected in Feb and March etc etc...

At last some positive info I received today after an email battle.

"Your vehicle is currently in transit on its way to Zeebrugge, Belgium, where it will then be forwarded onto towards Dublin"

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

To the current owners: how well does the bluetooth lock/unlock functionality work? I'm concerned that if I sit next to a window where the car is parked - it will be either auto unlock or could be unlocked if someone pulls the handle. How sensitive it is? I might end up just using the key card or getting a passive fob.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

"Your vehicle is currently in transit on its way to Zeebrugge, Belgium, where it will then be forwarded onto towards Dublin"

Have you been pushing them a lot? I have chased but nothing back at all since i sent in grant form for second time

rduggy wrote: »
    Have you been pushing them a lot? I have chased but nothing back at all since i sent in grant form for second time
    I contacted them first week in January and again today.

I got a bit cranky via email and eventually got that reply

When were you VIN matched?

Around 15th Jan in source code. Still no vin in account

Around 15th Jan in source code. Still no vin in account
    I had been matched around the same time, have filled out the finance papers and my account on Tesla changed to "finalize", pre delivery version.

When do they ask to fill out forms for SEAI grant? Or they do it on their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭WattsUp

What standard tyres are the M3LR coming with in Ireland recently ? I know they are 235/45R18 but looking for the full manufacturer / version name.
    I'm hearing some of the "acoustic" tyres are not puncture repairable and not suitable for tyre sealant + compressor type roadside fix.

• Advertisement

Are the tyres not Michelin Pilot Sport 4 - 98 Y

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Just your one...on a small car sized boat...nice.

Collection from tomorrow just got pushed back until Friday because of SEAI not processing the grant on time. Apparently most grants that were submitted up until Jan 4th have been processed now, bar a few exceptions (including mine) which were sent in before that date but have yet to be processed.

phoenix49 wrote: »
    I had been matched around the same time, have filled out the finance papers and my account on Tesla changed to "finalize", pre delivery version.

When do they ask to fill out forms for SEAI grant? Or they do it on their own?

I received an email from Tesla with an SEAI form attached to sign and scan back to them on the 16th Jan. I found a hidden VIN the day before I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Your car is here JOHNNY (most likely) -> GLOVIS COSMOS
    Currently tracking along the coast of South of America...carrying the hopes and dreams of many on this forum...

hwr5ytu356 wrote: »
    I received an email from Tesla with an SEAI form attached to sign and scan back to them on the 16th Jan. I found a hidden VIN the day before I think.

Did this happen after you had a conversation regarding the finance? I wonder if these two processes could be done simultaneously or they would usually wait for the reply from AIB?

Did this happen after you had a conversation regarding the finance? I wonder if these two processes could be done simultaneously or they would usually wait for the reply from AIB?

I'm not financing, i'm a private cash buyer. But I don't see why the finance and filling out the SEAI form would be linked or related for you. Give them a buzz maybe and ask why you haven't been sent the SEAI form to sign. It could simply be an oversight. My email came from DeliveryIE@tesla.com but the address in the signature was Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

To the current owners: how well does the bluetooth lock/unlock functionality work? I'm concerned that if I sit next to a window where the car is parked - it will be either auto unlock or could be unlocked if someone pulls the handle. How sensitive it is? I might end up just using the key card or getting a passive fob.

I don't think it'll be an issue. The operating distance between phone and Model 3 feels much less than the distance between keyfob and Model S. With the phone jobbie, you are at the door handle before it'll open - whereas with the keyfob, you are few steps back. Mind you, I haven't taken out a measuring tape..

B

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

Yeah mine got fixed last night too, obviously needed to set a toggle correctly. Have you accelerated enough time to make yourself ill yet.....I came close at the weekend and had to get out and get some air.

The acceleration is absolutely insane! I thought my 718 GTS was quick but this in a different league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

I've not had any issues with the keyless entry so far. Set up your phone with the car, then go into your phones battery management settings and make sure you "Allow Background Running" of both bluetooth and the Tesla app itself. Keep the phone in your front pocket (it can make a difference). I've found generally that I have to be within one metre or less of the car for it to unlock. When you're walking away from the car I find it's handy to get used to listening out for the horn beep that signals the car has auto locked. If you don't hear the beep chances are you haven't closed the boot properly or something. Also job number one the second you get your shiny new car......go into Security and activate the "Pin to Drive " immediately. With Pin switched on the cars nearly impossible to steal even if it's unlocks accidentally. Also "Sentry Mode " is your best pal, set it up asap. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions either here or sign up to the Tesla Owners Ireland Facebook and Twitter account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement