Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭CFC007

Great news my grant is back, bad news car has an error message regarding front motor. Really couldn’t make this up. Going tomorrow anyways for scheduled pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

CFC007 wrote: »
    Great news my grant is back, bad news car has an error message regarding front motor. Really couldn’t make this up. Going tomorrow anyways for scheduled pick up.

Soul destroying stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

So all done and dusted. easy collection, Cillian is a gent, didnt fuss me and just let me off as I wanted. Car is great, trying to find all the features. Took a while figure out how to wash the windscreen. Its fast, and its drives well but will hold my opinion for a few weeks. Collection process was no fuss at all.

About 3 or 4 other people collecting at the same time. All happy campers. CFC007 hope its nothing major.

BTW seems that all USB drives must be FAT32 exFat is not good enough.

20200124-170903.jpg
    beautiful english poems for recitation

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gibbo_ireland

Hi all, super thread, so much info. I’ve read most pages!

One thing I’m unclear about which you might help with though, is why the UK have PCP options and we don’t here? Is it coming? If not why not? Thanks!

Hi all, super thread, so much info. I’ve read most pages!

One thing I’m unclear about which you might help with though, is why the UK have PCP options and we don’t here? Is it coming? If not why not? Thanks!

Haven't a clue to be honest. PCP has potential to be the next big financial bubble. Given our regulators track record maybe Tesla are afraid 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gibbo_ireland

hwr5ytu356 wrote: »
    Haven't a clue to be honest. PCP has potential to be the next big financial bubble. Given our regulators track record maybe Tesla are afraid 😉

Thanks, but it’s available in Ireland on the Tesla site for the Model S and X, so just wondering why not the 3, like the UK have?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Thanks, but it’s available in Ireland on the Tesla site for the Model S and X, so just wondering why not the 3, like the UK have?!

Don’t they need to make a ton of cash upfront from the 3 otherwise they are fcuked?

Hire purchase means they get the full amount up front from you and the bank...

Isn’t PCP basically them giving you the car on tic and you pay them back monthly and have the option to return the car after the 3 year period? So little old Éire has to pay up front... maybe because the market here won’t be nearly as big as the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

If someone is in Sandyford tomorrow, please ask em have they are of the 19inch sports wheels in stock.

I'd like to get em!

Don’t they need to make a ton of cash upfront from the 3 otherwise they are fcuked?

Hire purchase means they get the full amount up front from you and the bank...

Isn’t PCP basically them giving you the car on tic and you pay them back monthly and have the option to return the car after the 3 year period?

Pretty much. You hire it / rent it.

They probably can't get a finance company here to take a punt on it.

BMW ****ed over their dealers a few years back when they reduced the price if the 5 Series. The dealers had 100's of them coming back on PCP but the second hand values had taken a slump because of the price drop in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

jusmeig wrote: »
    If someone is in Sandyford tomorrow, please ask em have they are of the 19inch sports wheels in stock.

I'd like to get em!
    How much are they

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

They do not build cars sequentially. Your 600k vin car could have been built before a 500k vin.

They learnt it from ze Germans: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_tank_problem#Historical_problem

While I was in Sandyford, they said Feb for me (waiting since 2017) and on the phone, new enquiries were being told March.

The last of my stuff has arrived so just waiting now (console organisers, floormats and Zappi2 out of shot) ... J5gQPqw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Mec-a-nic wrote: »

The last of my stuff has arrived so just waiting now (console organisers, floormats and Zappi2 out of shot) ... J5gQPqw.jpg
    What a box of goodies! Can you describe its contents? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I seem to be getting mine next week. It arrived in Dublin last night.

Trying to get some accessories.
    Any recommendations for a screen protector (ideally from amazon) ? Not that many reviews out there
    Anyone got some of the cup holder mats? - wonder how tacky they are.
    Are the Chinese Ebay/amazon wheel cap kits any good compared to the (I am sure Chinese) OEM ?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

phoenix49 wrote: »
    What a box of goodies! Can you describe its contents? :)

Left to right:

a) Central screen protector (tempered glass, even generic chinese beats any bubbly plastic)

b) (on top) Media/Dashcam options - RaspberryPi Zero for music/dashcam sync and/or 64Gb USB drive

c) The almost compulsory Taptes wireless phone charger

d) (under) matt Black centre console wrap by Kenriko

e) (white bag) alloy centre/nut covers for when Aero covers are off (generic)

f) Anker mini USB hub (small and has a 3D-print console box designed around it)

g) back seat iPad holder (mounts to headrest) generic

h) Car Hand Wash kit with 'orange bottle' Nu Finish as initial protection (best price/performance ratio of all treatments)

i) (offscreen) Michelin heavy duty rubber floor mats - we'll be in the county more than the city

j) (offscreen) CupHolderHero Cup, Centre liner and Organiser Box (blue)

k) (offscreen) Zappi v2 tethered charger with Hub (via electricautos.ie)

l) (offscreen) Model 3 roof rack (Sandyford)

unless stated, all sourced on amazon.com in US when I was there as there isn't the range this side of the pond (yet). Having a generic chinesium is better than nothing and it'll be easier to upgrade any of this in the future

How much are they

1600 as add on through the config tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

1600 as add on through the config tool.
    Can you get them after you received the car for €1600

Can you get them after you received the car for €1600

I doubt it. You would probably have to try and sell the aeros privately.
    Full retail cost with tyres is 3k dollars in the states I think.

I seem to be getting mine next week. It arrived in Dublin last night.

Great news, congratulations. When did they tell you that they had matched a car for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Great news, congratulations. When did they tell you that they had matched a car for you?

It is a leaseplan order, so never got any details.. Ordered in July though..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

To save folks making the same mistake as i, you cannot buy the tesla home charger from Sandyford on a Saturday. Monday to Friday only. Unfortunately I live outside Dublin and came up specifically to buy one.

• Advertisement

Reag wrote: »
    To save folks making the same mistake as i, you cannot buy the tesla home charger from Sandyford on a Saturday. Monday to Friday only. Unfortunately I live outside Dublin and came up specifically to buy one.

What about ordering online? It’s there in the online shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭taylorsrichard

Got mine installed today. Ordered from the online store and got it delivered within 4 days. Looks very well imo.

Got mine installed today. Ordered from the online store and got it delivered within 4 days. Looks very well imo.

That the 7.5m one?

Do you mind me asking how much the installation was?

Couldn’t take the 3 home today as service need to look into the service issue on Monday. Car was 95% good, few marks on the wings and the front bumper had a grey shine that looked like primer coming through. Seats were also a bit folded but was told they will be looked into. Cillian was a pleasure to deal with, such a genuine person. I’m in a loaner now Model X 100P so not complaints at all.

Couldn’t take the 3 home today as service need to look into the service issue on Monday. Car was 95% good, few marks on the wings and the front bumper had a grey shine that looked like primer coming through. Seats were also a bit folded but was told they will be looked into. Cillian was a pleasure to deal with, such a genuine person. I’m in a loaner now Model X 100P so not complaints at all.

Sorry to hear this. It must be very disappointing.
    Do you think the Mark's will polish out? Was the grey shine you mentioned easy to spot or do you have a trained eye for paintwork? Cillian is a nice fella alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I’m in a loaner now Model X 100P so not complaints at all.

Job for you until you take proper delivery of your Model 3:

Take as many of your friends, family and colleagues out in the Model X for a wee demo including ludicrous acceleration

They'll all want to get rid of their lethargic cancer diesels straight away :D

Yeah it did take away from the experience but it will get sorted.

I don’t think they will polish out. The drivers wing had a pin dent and there was a circle blemish under the clear coat. I don’t have a trained eye for paintwork but had a led work light with me. I had to give the car a wipe with a micro fibre as it wasn’t the cleanest.

Oh ludicrous plus has been hit already 🀣🀣
    Sorry to hear this. It must be very disappointing.
    Do you think the Mark's will polish out? Was the grey shine you mentioned easy to spot or do you have a trained eye for paintwork? Cillian is a nice fella alright.

Love the wheels, grey way better. Delete that chrome now ðŸ˜႒ well wear.

Ha thanks! I’ve the Nikola Pro chrome delete on the way, will be wrapped in Satin black plus the windows are getting tinted. Should be a good look
    Love the wheels, grey way better. Delete that chrome now ðŸ˜႒ well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Spent the day driving like a tosser and installing my accessories. All good with the car, gave it a wax and the paintwork (while horrible waterbased orange peel stuff like the germans) is fine no issues bar one chip, not bothered with it. I am not going down the ceramic coating and detailing route, I dont feel its that type of car. Soon there will be loads around. Everything works fine, just getting to grips with the UI. The driving experiance is different to a ICE car, but really enjoying the dynamics and you make some progress round corners. Home charger all working and scheduled. Kids love it especially having rear heated seats and fart noises. I think there is a real quality feel to the car, and getting a lot of attention (maybe my dick driving is helping with that).

Agreed Cillian must take some herbal suplements to be so nice and jolly while getting constant hassle from 100 people and answering the same questions. I would be fit to murder us all if I were in his position.

20200125-101015.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement