Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Got what looked like a chaser e-mail this morning for the documentation with some subtle wording changes.

Jan 16
    We are delighted to confirm that your order has been matched to a vehicle for delivery over the coming weeks.

Jan 29
    We are delighted to confirm that your order has been matched with a Model 3 for delivery over the coming weeks.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?!?! :pac:

Oh yeah, it means I hadn't e-mailed the docs. Done that. Checked my source code VIN on https://teslatap.com/vin-decoder/ which tells me I'm getting a "2020 model year", but I guess that's the same for everyone now, and that it's US model year which ticked over a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nickr34

just got an email today from tesla, ordered last Tuesday..

Tesla Update,

We are delighted to confirm that your order has been matched to a vehicle for delivery over the coming weeks.

In order for us to finalize your order and submit an application for your SEAI Electric Vehicle Grant, could you kindly follow the steps below. To avoid any delays to your delivery, please ensure that you return all required documents within 48-hours.

1. Please log in to your Tesla Account and complete all necessary steps

2. Please return a recent utility bill with proof of address to which your vehicle will be registered

3. Please return a signed copy of the attached SEAI Grant Application Form

4. Please complete this SEAI Grant Application Questionnaire

Once you have completed all of the above, a provisional delivery appointment will appear in your Tesla Account.

Kind regards,

Tesla IE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Lumen wrote: »
    Got what looked like a chaser e-mail this morning for the documentation with some subtle wording changes.

Jan 16

Jan 29

WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?!?! :pac:

Oh yeah, it means I hadn't e-mailed the docs. Done that. Checked my source code VIN on https://teslatap.com/vin-decoder/ which tells me I'm getting a "2020 model year", but I guess that's the same for everyone now, and that it's US model year which ticked over a few months ago.

The VIN contains the date the car was made, your car was made in 2020 I believe -> good or bad...who knows.

nickr34 wrote: »

Tesla Update,

In order for us to finalize your order and submit an application for your SEAI Electric Vehicle Grant, could you kindly follow the steps below. To avoid any delays to your delivery, please ensure that you return all required documents within 48-hours.

2. Please return a recent utility bill with proof of address to which your vehicle will be registered

Once you have completed all of the above, a provisional delivery appointment will appear in your Tesla Account.

Kind regards,

Tesla IE

Congratz, but this annoys the f^cking s%ite out of me.
    No need to place a reservation in 2016.
    No need to order the dat that orders opened...

Places order Tuesday, VIN matched today.
    This is how it should be btw ^^^
    Still annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Tesla Update,

Kind regards,

Tesla IE

I think a bunch of us got the same around the middle of the month, but I'm not aware of anyone VIN matched then who has a provisional delivery appointment or even heard back from Tesla that their documentation was received...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

MaceFace wrote: »
    I think a bunch of us got the same around the middle of the month, but I'm not aware of anyone VIN matched then who has a provisional delivery appointment or even heard back from Tesla that their documentation was received...

I think you are correct but that is likely because the cars are on the Glovis Cosmos due to dock in Zeebrugge around the 8/9 of Feb. Probably another week or two to get them to Dublin then.

There is a second ship arriving a week after the Cosmos so that is why we are seeing alot of VIN matching going on I guess. Two boat loads in en route at present.

All in all in looks like Ireland is getting some love as most cars pre Christmas seem to have went to the UK.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Tesla Update,

Kind regards,

Tesla IE

Interesting, are you financing? or buying cash?
    I ordered on the 18th and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Got that email in the morning to fill out the SEAI forms too. Finance application was filled out last Mon., ordered Sep. 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nickr34

placed as a cash order, need a little loan and i'm getting that from my credit card company

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/inventory/new/m3

Currently 9 Model 3s in inventory on Tesla Ireland if anyone is interested. If you are and would like to use a referral code I'd appreciate a DM for my code.

• Advertisement

jfk75 wrote: »
    https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/inventory/new/m3

Currently 9 Model 3s in inventory on Tesla Ireland if anyone is interested. If you are and would like to use a referral code I'd appreciate a DM for my code.

You can see the VIN numbers in the URLs when you click on them.

Fortunately the one LR AWD car doesn't have my VIN!!!!

You can see the VIN numbers in the URLs when you click on them.

Fortunately the one LR AWD car doesn't have my VIN!!!!

If you have a VIN then hopefully you won't be waiting much longer for a delivery. If you've been told on the other hand that you could be waiting a while longer then definitely I would ring Sales and ask them about an Inventory car. I was an original reservation holder and was waiting a long time last year for my car so when an Inventory unit came up for sale with the same specs as my reservation I jumped on it and had my car much quicker.

I would ring Sales
    I'd probably have an easier job getting hold of Elon himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Reag

jusmeig wrote: »
    Congratz, but this annoys the f^cking s%ite out of me.
    No need to place a reservation in 2016.
    No need to order the dat that orders opened...

Places order Tuesday, VIN matched today.
    This is how it should be btw ^^^
    Still annoyed.

Ditto on p***ed off.
    What was point of ordering last May?
    Would not recommend anyone to order early for a tesla. They just want your deposit early and then forget about you.
    Got same delivery message as others today. Had already completed all the steps.but appears I have to do them again.

I'd probably have an easier job getting hold of Elon himself.

Ha! Know exactly what you mean.. ;-)

019038770 is the only number I know of but there used to be a 1800 number you could ring that put you through to UK sales who look after our sales too.

Reag wrote: »
    Ditto on p***ed off.
    What was point of ordering last May?
    Would not recommend anyone to order early for a tesla. They just want your deposit early and then forget about you.
    Got same delivery message as others today. Had already completed all the steps.but appears I have to do them again.

So your account has reset and you need to upload/add all that stuff?

No. After sorting the finance side, tesla Dublin sent me the seai forms. I returned these a week ago. But deliveryie@tesla.com appear not to know. I think they operate in Amsterdam. I hope tesla Dublin have already sent my forms on so that I am already 1 week into a 3 week seai wait. Experience has taught not to assume anything regarding tesla efficiency so have re-entered all again today.

No. After sorting the finance side, tesla Dublin sent me the seai forms. I returned these a week ago. But deliveryie@tesla.com appear not to know. I think they operate in Amsterdam. I hope tesla Dublin have already sent my forms on so that I am already 1 week into a 3 week seai wait. Experience has taught not to assume anything regarding tesla efficiency so have re-entered all again today.

I'm in the same boat.
    I did all the crap in the account then I got an email with the SEAI + a Google form. I did that and sent it all back to the email + the finance forms.

Is there something else you did to connect all the dots on the above?

I'm in the same boat -> buh dum thish*
    I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

I'm in the same boat.
    I did all the crap in the account then I got an email with the SEAI + a Google form. I did that and sent it all back to the email + the finance forms.

Is there something else you did to connect all the dots on the above?

That's all I have done (minus the finance forms). I really don't think we will hear anymore until after Feb 8th/9th when that boat gets to Zeebrugge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

If you have a VIN then hopefully you won't be waiting much longer for a delivery.

I got the VIN on Jan 15th, from an early October order and was told today on the phone to expect the car early March

• Registered Users Posts: 21 electrica001

I called sales today and was told by them and also by email from EMEA Sales & Delivery Amsterdam that 'you can disregard the email if you have already sent in the information'.
    So I guess if you have already given them the info/completed grant forms etc, there is no need to resend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

I called sales today and was told by them and also by email from EMEA Sales & Delivery Amsterdam that 'you can disregard the email if you have already sent in the information'.
    So I guess if you have already given them the info/completed grant forms etc, there is no need to resend it.

I called in today, they cheeked the system and confirmed they had received everything-
    Told me I should expect news of my car next week- I asked him to wager 50 euros on that but he declined-

• Registered Users Posts: 21 electrica001

Does M3 come with internal floor mats as standard?

Taken from post on Tesla Owners Ireland website. Apparently from Tesla Press Office.

"The next vessel arrives in the last week of February, which contains our entire delivery backlog, bar a handful. From there, it’s simply a case of how quickly we can deliver them. We are even considering moving our delivery operation to a larger location to accommodate higher daily delivery volume, so that we can get cars out quicker."

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

Does M3 come with internal floor mats as standard?

The SR+ doesn't, the more expensive variants do. None come with frunk mat anymore. You have to buy it separately

I called them today, 1st call I got through to London, where the guy said worst case I was looking at end of April delivery!! (Ordered a white SR+ On 18th Jan). I asked about the similar spec car that showed up on inventory today, gave him the VIN and he said it was just a spare car on the current shipment, and this would be in Dublin about 4 weeks before my expected delivery, so he told me to email a guy in Dublin and ask to swap my order over to this car, and follow up with a call..

Sent the mail, and when following up with a call I got through to Amsterdam instead of Sandyford and explained the situation, and the guy there said hold off making any changes as there’s a good chance my car would arrive (in Europe) in February. I’m still not VIN matched but said there is a VIN for the inventory car planned for Dublin. He said hold off for a week to see if I’m VIN matched first, but he seemed fairly confident a car in the shipment would be for me, especially given my order is standard spec (he said most cars in this shipment would be standard spec SR+).

I’m assuming in a day or 2 that inventory car will be snapped up (if it hasn’t been already!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Taken from post on Tesla Owners Ireland website. Apparently from Tesla Press Office.

"The next vessel arrives in the last week of February, which contains our entire delivery backlog, bar a handful. From there, it’s simply a case of how quickly we can deliver them. We are even considering moving our delivery operation to a larger location to accommodate higher daily delivery volume, so that we can get cars out quicker."

Ladies and gents, place your bets on whether the "bar a handful" is likely referring to me ... and a few others here too no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,010 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

EVGuy wrote: »
    Ladies and gents, place your bets on whether the "bar a handful" is likely referring to me ... and a few others here too no doubt.

Bar a handful means 'Irish Orders' in Tesla speak.

• Advertisement

I called them today, 1st call I got through to London, where the guy said worst case I was looking at end of April delivery!! (Ordered a white SR+ On 18th Jan). I asked about the similar spec car that showed up on inventory today, gave him the VIN and he said it was just a spare car on the current shipment, and this would be in Dublin about 4 weeks before my expected delivery, so he told me to email a guy in Dublin and ask to swap my order over to this car, and follow up with a call..

Sent the mail, and when following up with a call I got through to Amsterdam instead of Sandyford and explained the situation, and the guy there said hold off making any changes as there’s a good chance my car would arrive (in Europe) in February. I’m still not VIN matched but said there is a VIN for the inventory car planned for Dublin. He said hold off for a week to see if I’m VIN matched first, but he seemed fairly confident a car in the shipment would be for me, especially given my order is standard spec (he said most cars in this shipment would be standard spec SR+).

I’m assuming in a day or 2 that inventory car will be snapped up (if it hasn’t been already!!)

Well, I received a reply this morning to a different email I sent Sandyford yesterday about when I could expect to be VIN matched etc.., where they basically said 'we can't say at the moment', so I quoted the other mail I'd sent mentioning the inventory car, and another reply then confirmed I am now VIN matched to that car!! (which has now disappeared off the inventory stock page). Account still not showing the VIN though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement