Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip Hop Gigs 2014

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

baddebt wrote: »
    been a while since was on here , mad busy .

Question , I recently listening to interview with Slug (atmosphere) , hinted at a european tour in Autumn ,
    wonder what the chance of him hooking up with Sage Francis be ,

It would be nice, but I'd say that there will be distinct Rhymesayers and Strange Famous tours.

I can see the likes of deM atlaS and Prof touring with Atmosphere. The Sage one will be with B. Dolan and Scroobious Pip. I'd also love to see Cecil Otter getting something new out to tour with Sage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

If anyone wants a free ticket to BBNGs Dublin show head over to The Sugar Clubs Twitter page.

@sugarclubdublin: WE HAVE 25 FREE TICKETS TO GIVE AWAY FOR SATURDAYS SHOW @badbadnotgood each with a plus one :o all you have to do is message us #jesslist!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Really looking forward to BBNG, their live sets seem awesome.

PS. Anyone know who's supporting Pusha T at Vicar Street? If it's The Underachievers then I might have to go :p

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

If Pusha T is being supported by Flatbush Zombies and The Underachievers I'm so there it's not even funny

Jesus. Wasn't planning on going to see Pusha but if that's the full lineup I'll be there in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Any substance to those? FBZ are incredible live. Have my ticket anyway so just hope it still goes ahead

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That's just turned into a 'must go' if that is the line up.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That's just turned into a 'must go' if that is the line up.

I was hoping somebody here would know! It's just speculation on my part otherwise.

It looks like they are playing together in Paris on 30th May, I don't see them on the bill on other tour dates.

• Advertisement

Ok, promoter says it's a local act. Sorry to get your hopes up, guys. Sorry to get you guys up, my hopes.

****ing hell BBNG were amazing tonight. So energetic. Most respectful moshpit I've ever been in, too. "stay safe guys"
    Can't wait for them to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

ScHoolboy Q was class, Vicar Street was hoppin!

Mobb Deep Dublin date to be announced real soon

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Would agree that the crowd was good last night at Q. Small in size but enthusiastic. It always suprises me how few people at hip hop gigs in Ireland seem to know the songs for the most part.

Just over an hour long of a set. One thing that was annoying was the big gaps between songs due to Q blowing out his arse, took a bit of the momentum out of it each time.

best news of the summer!

• Advertisement

Mobb Deep is being done by the same lads (Bloodshed) that put on Onyx and Outlawz. I'd expect more from them as well this year.

There is also a new promoter called D11 that's after springing up, they will be organising more hip hop gigs as well.
    Lady Leshur has been pencilled in for Nov 16th in the Twisted Pepper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Anyone seen Public Enemy in recent years? If so what were they like?

kevovek wrote: »
    Anyone seen Public Enemy in recent years? If so what were they like?

Apparently they're still as good as ever live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ticket booked for Sziget.

I'm going to see OutKast :D

I'll be around for Macklemore as well. Not fussed but if there aren't many at it I might pop in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Pretty certain this just got announced, Immortal Technique in The Sugar Club;
    http://www.thesugarclub.com/listings/event/immortal-technique

[EDIT]
    Also, Q&A/set with Ghostface Killah!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/632461163510081/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Pretty certain this just got announced, Immortal Technique in The Sugar Club;
    http://www.thesugarclub.com/listings/event/immortal-technique

[EDIT]
    Also, Q&A/set with Ghostface Killah!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/632461163510081/

Unreal, can't wait for technique, on my birthday too :D

Freddie Gibbs locked in for the 4th September in Twisted Pepper.

mynameisjOhn & God Knows added as support for the Snoop show. Kinda regretting not getting a ticket now :O

Forget about the rest of that shiet, BBNG are coming back in July! ;D

http://www.thesugarclub.com/listings/event/badbadnotgood

Brian wrote: »
    Forget about the rest of that shiet, BBNG are coming back in July! ;D

http://www.thesugarclub.com/listings/event/badbadnotgood

They can't get enough of the place :pac: That's 6 shows in the space of a few months!

Damn, that's 5 shows I missed :P

Great session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Anyone going to Pusha T? Mate of mine has two extra tickets he's looking to offload, PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Anyone know stage times for Pusha?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Anyone know stage times for Pusha?

Was looking for this myself this morn. On Friday it was:

7.00 Meridian Dan
    7.45 Yogi
    8.30 Pusha
    9.45 close

Anyone know who's on the set tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

first support is on at 8.15

• Advertisement

DermoMIO wrote: »
    first support is on at 8.15

yeah think there's only one support act, Simi Crowns, I'd expect it to be 9:30 by the time Pusha's on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

LUPE wrote: »
    yeah think there's only one support act, Simi Crowns, I'd expect it to be 9:30 by the time Pusha's on

Very disappointed that he only played one Clipse song.

Considering how much love people have for them, and that it was the first time either malice or pusha played in Ireland, I thought he could have played a few.

Would have loved to see Doorman and Wamp Wamp live.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭BadCompany

floggg wrote: »
    Very disappointed that he only played one Clipse song.

Considering how much love people have for them, and that it was the first time either malice or pusha played in Ireland, I thought he could have played a few.

Would have loved to see Doorman and Wamp Wamp live.

Yeah, I looked up his recent set lists about a week ago and he pretty much stuck exclusively to that, would've loved to have heard a couple more off Lord Willin or HHNF but I wasn't surprised either. Enjoyable gig, albeit very short - I think going off stage for your encore after 35 mins is kind of taking the piss. Thought Simi Crowns was very entertaining too, always a tough gig supporting big name artists.

Also, the crowd was the least rough of any hip hop gig I've been to, I'd say Snoop tonight will be a veeeery different story :o

BadCompany wrote: »
    Yeah, I looked up his recent set lists about a week ago and he pretty much stuck exclusively to that, would've loved to have heard a couple more off Lord Willin or HHNF but I wasn't surprised either. Enjoyable gig, albeit very short - I think going off stage for your encore after 35 mins is kind of taking the piss. Thought Simi Crowns was very entertaining too, always a tough gig supporting big name artists.

Also, the crowd was the least rough of any hip hop gig I've been to, I'd say Snoop tonight will be a veeeery different story :o

Yea was Pusha was pretty efficient. Limo outside waiting for him (I presume) so he weren't hanging around.

Enjoyed it, he banged through the joints.

Lowlight - the ole ole ole'os. Makes my skin crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Every bloody Irish hip hop has it. Never been to one without it happening.

Every gig ever here has it. I just can't abide it anymore! !

Festivals are the worst for it....you have to hear it at every performance throughout the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

At least its not that "Whoooo Whoooo Whoooooooo" (to whoop there it is), does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Snooooooooooop tonight I am buzzing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Anyone know what time he's on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Just over an hour couldn understand a word!

waste of 40 quid!

Booked for 1st August in the Voodoo Lounge.

I'd expect a good number of Irish rappers on the undercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

Pusha was disappointing in length of the show walking off after 35mins to come back on & do a 20 minute encore is not good enough & as a newly solo artist will want to get his act together quick if he wants to continue touring as I for one wouldn't be in a hurry to see him again if thats the attitude he has.

as for his performance I felt king push was wasted as the opening track since he pretty much only performed his 3rd verse his DJ & hype man did the opening two verses and for the first 10 minutes or so of his set they seemed to do most of the performing with him acting like the hype man until he finally got into it

I was very impressed with Simi Crowns for a support act he put on a show that was worthy of headline act, when he first came out to Queen's We Are The Champions I was ready to be highly critical but his energy, stage presence, live band and the music itself were all very impressive and I'm sure I'm not the only one that came out of the gig looking to find out & hear more of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Just copped that Jurassic 5 are playing the Monday and Tuesday, anyone know if there's a difference? Not sure which to go for, or if it even matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Atmosphere are bringing their North Of Hell Tour to Europe. No Irish dates just England, Scotland and further afield.

Took advantage of it being pay day and got tickets for London, Birmingham and Bristol.

Also, Public Enemy are playing the Limelight in Belfast in August. Don't see any dates for down south.

• Advertisement

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Atmosphere are bringing their North Of Hell Tour to Europe. No Irish dates just England, Scotland and further afield.

Took advantage of it being pay day and got tickets for London, Birmingham and Bristol.

Also, Public Enemy are playing the Limelight in Belfast in August. Don't see any dates for down south.

And there was me hoping to get to one! Fair play Andy. Might see you in London.

For anyone who was on here discussing the Stones Throw documentary, here's a decent interview with PB Wolf about him and Charizma

http://www.imposemagazine.com/features/charizma-peanut-butter-wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheJozer

Is there anyway a 16 year old boy can get into Electric Picnic to see Outkast?

Legal methods welcomed (other methods will be given consideration)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I was going to festivals since i was 15, never had any problems getting in. If your not confident though you can walk in with someone who is 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

I was going to festivals since i was 15, never had any problems getting in. If your not confident though you can walk in with someone who is 21.

This is not true, no one under 18 allowed under any circumstances.

But I'd say if you don't look 12 and walked in fully confident you'd stand a chance, but it's a huge risk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement