Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Transposers/Relays upgraded to DTT?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

no further transmissions from monaghan on 55V but radio stations were off the air for a day so work must be ongoing, on another note a friend of mine who lives in north monaghan got a freeview hd box and on a pair of rabbit ears is getting full irish dtt on ch62 is this clermont :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

There will be no channels in the 60s.

Are you sure you have the right Channel No/Frequency.

55 is Monaghan. 52 Clermont.

seen it first hand myself cant understand it, is clermont not on 53

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

deaglan169 wrote: »
    on another note a friend of mine who lives in north monaghan got a freeview hd box and on a pair of rabbit ears is getting full irish dtt on ch62 is this clermont :confused:
    STB wrote: »
    There will be no channels in the 60s.

Are you sure you have the right Channel No/Frequency.

55 is Monaghan. 52 Clermont.

UHF Ch 62 was allocated to Monaghan at RRC06.

The Digital Dividend band (CH 61-69) doesn't have to be cleared until 01 Jan 2013.

Could it be an interim 1st or 2nd mux at Monaghan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Letterkenny now live on 53 V.

• Advertisement

sesswhat wrote: »
    Letterkenny now live on 53 V.

Not officially live per RTÉNL's coverage map yet, in testing mode probably.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Yep, same as Clifden was tested for a week or two before easter and went 'live' 2 weeks ago.

Only two left where no signal has been seen yet, Knockanore near Ballybunion and Arranmore Island in west Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

Arrain Mhór (arranmore donegal) is no on air on channel 44 and 47 power seems quite low compared to the analogue signal compared to truskmore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Sounds like a last big push then for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

darth_maul wrote: »
    Arrain Mhór (arranmore donegal) is no on air on channel 44 and 47 power seems quite low compared to the analogue signal compared to truskmore
    ok seems like I posted a bit early on this maybe it just came on, but ch 47 is now coming in with a perfect signal quality, Ch 44 is still lower with a much lower signal quality could be interference from the local deflector. tested with a promax Tvhunter ch 44 signal 59dbuv mer 19db, ch 47 signal 72dbuv mer 34db.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Clareman08

I have been getting DTT from Clifden here in West Clare south of Lahinch now for about 2 weeks. As the weather is well and truly broken now I think it's time to update my previous post.

Using a small Group A aerial, vertically polarised, via a masthead amp (previously used horizontally for Mullaghanish) the signal level is generally 85% on my Walker box with a high of 90% and a low of 82% depending on weather. Signal quality is always at 100%, so it looks like Clifden can be a permanent solution along the coast here despite the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

I am picking up Monaghan E55 outside Newry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Yes, Monaghan definitely on 55 atm, also a lower powered transmission on UHF 59.

full signal on 55 and 59 even though my antenna is horz and to cairn hill, although i can see the tx site from roof of house no channels picked up on 59

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

no further transmissions from monaghan on 55V but radio stations were off the air for a day so work must be ongoing, on another note a friend of mine who lives in north monaghan got a freeview hd box and on a pair of rabbit ears is getting full irish dtt on ch62 is this clermont :confused:
    Is Monaghan not 55H?

Souriau wrote: »
    Is Monaghan not 55H?

Reported testing on 55V last month - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71598865#post71598865

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Souriau wrote: »
    Is Monaghan not 55H?

It is; just because someone picked it up on a VP aerial doesn't mean the tx is vertical.

an aerial installer friend initially told me he was getting the test transmissions on vertical outside armagh, i cant test vertical vs horizontal as im too close to the tx site

The following question on coverage (or lack of it) was down for answer in the Dáil yesterday.
    12. Deputy Seán Ó Fearghaíl asked the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources if he or the digital switchover steering group have identified areas in which neither terrestrial nor satellite reception will be possible after 2012 due to terrain;his plans to provide a digital RTÉ signal in these areas; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [10826/11]

Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources (Deputy Pat Rabbitte): RTÉ is an independent national public service broadcaster whose remit and obligations are set out in the Broadcasting Act 2009.

Section 114 (1) of the Broadcasting Act 2009 states the principal objects and associated powers of RTÉ, including the power to build and operate digital multiplexes under section 114 (1)(j).

Under Section 130, RTÉ is required to build and operate digital multiplexes and to make these available to the same extent as the existing analogue network, which is available to 98% of the population. RTÉ has informed me it plans to provide the Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) network to 98% of the population in fulfilment of its statutory obligations.

I have also been informed by RTÉ that the following is its DTT rollout schedule:

Date |Population Coverage| Comments
    October 2010| c. 94.5%| Achieved
    Q 2 2011| c. 97.2%| On target for Public launch in May 2011
    Q3 2012| c. 97.7%| On target
    Q4 2012| c. 98%| On target

In addition, I have been informed that RTÉ proposes to offer a free to air satellite service to provide coverage to the last 2% of the population.

The RTÉ decision to provide a satellite service is being made by RTÉ on a commercial basis. RTÉ has indicated that this service in conjunction with the DTT network will provide coverage to virtually 100% of the population. The satellite, which will be used to provide this service, launched in late 2010 and is currently undergoing tests.

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2011/05/12/00022.asp

The SI that mandated RTÉ to launch the PSB multiplex last Oct required approx. 90% population coverage. In the reply by the Minister yesterday, the coverage at launch was c.94.5%. This is the first time I've seen the official figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

Still the mysterious May 2011, why not give the date as we're in May.

If the 11th May was the date, there was no fanfare not even a new press release on the Saorview website! Dull!

• Advertisement

monaghan off air, still though the epg is up to date and working, tried on both settop box in bedroom and sitting room not a thing:mad:

monaghan off air, still though the epg is up to date and working, tried on both settop box in bedroom and sitting room not a thing:mad:

Monaghan isn't officially live yet, in testing mode so subject to interruption.

Just got word from a friend in Listowel that Cnoc an Óir (Knockanore) is now live. Getting a very good signal despite his aerial being directed at Maghera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

marclt wrote: »
    Still the mysterious May 2011, why not give the date as we're in May.

If the 11th May was the date, there was no fanfare not even a new press release on the Saorview website! Dull!

Yes, surely they must have a date at this stage. Time to step up the publicity. Haven't seen the Saorview ad on the TV in a while.

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Haven't seen the Saorview ad on the TV in a while.

It's still running, normally around news times. On the RTÉ News Now channel it appears to be on frequently, not very effective if your target market don't have DTT receivers.

All sites now officially live - http://www.saorview.ie/make-the-switch/coverage-checker/coverage-map/

Thread list updated

Main Sites
    • Cairn Hill Longford 47H
    • Clermont Carn Louth 53V
    • Dungarvan Waterford 55H
    • Holywell Hill Donegal 30H
    • Kippure Wicklow 54H
    • Maghera Clare 48H
    • Mount Leinster Carlow 45H
    • Mullaghanish Cork 21H
    • Spur Hill Cork 45H
    • Three Rock Dublin 54H
    • Truskmore Sligo 53H
    • Woodcock Hill Clare (Limerick) 47H

Relay/Transposer Sites
    • Achill Mayo 47V
    • Arklow Wicklow 21V
    • Arranmore Donegal 47V
    • Ballybofey Donegal 47V
    • Bantry Cork 52H&V
    • Cahir Tipperary Sth. 28V
    • Casla (RnaG) Galway 45V
    • Castlebar Mayo 22H
    • Castletownbere Kerry 55V
    • Clifden Galway 26V
    • Clonakilty Cork 48H
    • Clonmel Waterford 55H
    • Cnoc an Oir Kerry 47V
    • Collins Barracks Cork 50V
    • Crosshaven Cork 46V
    • Dooncarton Belmullet, Mayo 27H&V
    • Fanad Donegal 55V
    • Fermoy Cork 52V
    • Ferrypoint Waterford 47V
    • Forth Mountain Wexford 52V
    • Gallows Hill (Rathfadden) Waterford (City) 22V
    • Glanmire Cork 47H
    • Glencolmcille Donegal 45H
    • Gorey Wexford 55H
    • Greystones Wicklow 52V
    • Kilduff Tipperary Nth. 52H
    • Kilkeaveragh Kerry 47V
    • Kinsale Cork 30V
    • Knockmoyle Kerry 52V
    • Laragh Wicklow 47H
    • Letterkenny Donegal 53V
    • Maamclassach Kerry 46V
    • Magheraroarty Donegal 22V
    • Malin Donegal 28H
    • Mitchelstown Cork 40V
    • Monaghan (Lugad) Monaghan 55H
    • Moville Donegal 45H
    • Suir Valley Waterford 52V
    • Tonabrocky Galway 26V

Green = On-Air (24 May 2011) - 51 sites
    Blue = Planned by Mid 2011 - 0 sites

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

X marks the spot.
    According the the coverage checker this is where I'm at, nothing, nada:rolleyes:
    ATM quality 60% & strength @ 100% from Maghera. Last night both were @ 100%:D
    Silly question: the coverage checker says that I should be directed to Knockmoyle (which I can't see though less than 3km away). My aerial is @ horizontal for Maghera but Knockmoyle is vertical. Would output readings for Knockmoyle remain the the same (10% quality 90% strength) whether the aerial was/not at correctly polarity? or are the levels poor just because I'm at H rather than V? Does this question make sense?

X marks the spot.
    According the the coverage checker this is where I'm at, nothing, nada:rolleyes:

Below is the caution RTÉNL give when using the coverage checker. It doesn't provide coverage information for areas covered by multiple transmitters. Keeping it simple for the average viewer.
    Coverage
    • Coverage shown is based on a rooftop aerial in good condition (indoor reception may be possible in areas with very good signal strength).
    • Coverage shown is indicative only.
    • Local environment (hills, forestry, trees, buildings, and other large obstructions) will cause coverage to vary from what is shown.
    • RTÉNL recommends consultation with a competent local aerial installer to confirm coverage in your area.
    Silly question: the coverage checker says that I should be directed to Knockmoyle (which I can't see though less than 3km away). My aerial is @ horizontal for Maghera but Knockmoyle is vertical. Would output readings for Knockmoyle remain the the same (10% quality 90% strength) whether the aerial was/not at correctly polarity? or are the levels poor just because I'm at H rather than V? Does this question make sense?

Is there a hill or other obstruction blocking your reception of Knockmoyle? At 3 km away you would think the proverbial coat hangar would pick up a decent signal.

Pointing the aerial at Knockmoyle, with the correct polarisation, should increase the signal quality received but by how much would only be a guess - depends on the terrain, aerial etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

X marks the spot.

Worst guess scenarios. I have already questioned some here as to problem areas they have perceived from prediction maps. I am almost certain DTT will get into places analogue only slightly did. Google maps cannot tell you this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Vince Cable

STB wrote: »
    I am almost certain DTT will get into places analogue only slightly did. Google maps cannot tell you this!

He's probably just getting reflections from Knockmoyle as he's almost 'under' the mountain.
    Of course this would be useless for analogue.

Advertisement