Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monaghan to Transmit Saorview by Mid 2011

Options
  • 12-11-2010 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Got a reply to an email today. Apparently the Monaghan transmitter will be broadcasting Saorview before the middle of next year. Said to keep an eye on Saorview website from around March for more info.

I would think transmissions will continue in the C/D channel group already used for TG4. Other channels allocated to Monaghan are, AFAIK; 54, 58 & 61.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

This is great news thanks Tom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Tom Slick

Reception of Saorview from Clermont Carn or Cairn Hill should be possible in some areas. Presumably those who receive analogue from these sites will get it, although Clermont's digital power output seems to be well below the analogue level, especially in our direction.
    In north Monaghan, Cairn Hill seems to be strongest in western parts (likely, given it's location) while reception of Clermont varies widely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Tom Slick

A couple of other channels they may have available are 55 & 59. I believe these were intended for a 2nd transmitter in the Bragan area for the proposed switch to all UHF some years ago, which never actually happened. (presumably this tx was never built?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

brilliant news about time that old vhf relay was switched off, i didnt realise tg4 was being broadcast from there on uhf news to me i always got it from CC:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Monaghan is to use UHF channel 55, horizontal polarisation. Should be on for 'full' launch.

http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,663249,826704,6,0

• Advertisement

just been talking to an aerial installer friend of mine who said monaghan was active during the week on ch55 Vertical, just checked my own tv and nothing so probably running tests at the min, will keep the thread updates as to when its next on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Will there be any pre 2013 restrictions on coverage in Northern Ireland as is the case at claremont ?

According to the RTE for the trade seminar in Dublin last week,yes there is likely to be restrictions on all tx's near the border untill NI Dso.

still hasnt popped back up but tg4 has disappeared from ch64 work must be on going i was told by tv installer that he got the signal on vertical in co armagh just last week although it is listed as being horizontal

Advertisement