Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I'm sure they'll have some excuse like they can't squash as many onto a boat because it's a bigger car :rolleyes:

They have to social distance.

Any more rumours around the other id4 versions and their pricing?
    Article here suggesting the lowest spec would be under €35k.

https://www.completecar.ie/amp/car_news/10426/New-Volkswagen-ID.4-revealed-in-full.html

Lowest spec 35k
    1st 43k
    Max 54k

That about it? Or would there be a mid version with a lesser spec, mid range and lower price?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Any more rumours around the other id4 versions and their pricing?
    Article here suggesting the lowest spec would be under €35k.

https://www.completecar.ie/amp/car_news/10426/New-Volkswagen-ID.4-revealed-in-full.html

Lowest spec 35k
    1st 43k
    Max 54k

That about it? Or would there be a mid version with a lesser spec, mid range and lower price?

I suppose that was based on the old vrt rate, it might be cheaper now with the lower rate.

I think the smaller battery is actually 52kWh, not 58kWh. I'm guessing the base model will have a more basic interior and lower output engine.

Also VW might do the trick of making 125kW charging an extra and 50kW the base. They were going to do that with the ID.3 but the series models all seem to have 100kW.

I'm still amazed they managed to get a 77kWh battery into a vehicle costing €44k, shows how much battery prices are coming down

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Bjorn Nyland doing a review of the ID.4 exterior & interior

Interesting because they have the ID.3 nearby so they're able to do some comparisons

Also in other news, I got the updated price for the ID.4 Max after the VRT changes:

Old OTR Price: €56,108
    New OTR Price: €57,474
    Increase: €1,366 :(

I'm still gonna go for the Max as it's within my budget (just) and I want the goodies that come with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Bjorn Nyland doing a review of the ID.4 exterior & interior

Interesting because they have the ID.3 nearby so they're able to do some comparisons

When you see the new cars beside the T1 van you can see how much bigger modern vehicles are. When I drove a T1 it was considered a full size van.

The ID.4 is quite a big car. The room the tall fella has when he sits in the back is impressive, as is the boot space.

• Advertisement

When you see the new cars beside the T1 van you can see how much bigger modern vehicles are. When I drove a T1 it was considered a full size van.

The ID.4 is quite a big car. The room the tall fella has when he sits in the back is impressive, as is the boot space.

Yeah I feel like they sacrificed some boot space compared to the Tiguan, but it's still plenty of room. The Tiguan has moving rear seats though, so can gain or lose some space at the cost of passenger comfort.

Also, I'm never sure if they measure the boot space with or without the false floor. I assume without, wouldn't make much sense to just delete a third of the boot volume

I was sure that dog cage thing was going to smash through the window when they closed the boot, was quite surprised when it closed all the way.

It was also great that they showed a child seat in the back, really gives a sense of how much space there is

I can't wait to get mine, I'm really excited after that video :D

Yeah I feel like they sacrificed some boot space compared to the Tiguan, but it's still plenty of room. The Tiguan has moving rear seats though, so can gain or lose some space at the cost of passenger comfort.

Also, I'm never sure if they measure the boot space with or without the false floor. I assume without, wouldn't make much sense to just delete a third of the boot volume

I was sure that dog cage thing was going to smash through the window when they closed the boot, was quite surprised when it closed all the way.

It was also great that they showed a child seat in the back, really gives a sense of how much space there is

I can't wait to get mine, I'm really excited after that video :D

Dog cage with dimensions was nice to see. 84cm deep, 54cm wide, 66cm tall (tapered at the top) is a nice size and fit perfectly. Almost looked like a 2nd one would fit beside it. Boot looks plenty big.

Car seat demo was nice too. This is my life now.

Dog cage with dimensions was nice to see. 84cm deep, 54cm wide, 66cm tall (tapered at the top) is a nice size and fit perfectly. Almost looked like a 2nd one would fit beside it. Boot looks plenty big.

Car seat demo was nice too. This is my life now.

Likewise, just wait until they start kicking the seat back while you're driving :rolleyes:

Likewise, just wait until they start kicking the seat back while you're driving :rolleyes:

I'm there already in my Ioniq. Drivers seat is already forward a bit, and she ain't getting shorter.

ID4 looks like a great fit for us, if financially crippling :pac: Nevermind the Max version!

Also in other news, I got the updated price for the ID.4 Max after the VRT changes:

Old OTR Price: €56,108
    New OTR Price: €57,474
    Increase: €1,366 :(

A pricier increase than what KCross predicted:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114945857&postcount=145

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

The new price list has been up for a few days now, forgot to post it.

The ID.4 is €42,248 (incl delivery).
    The ID.4 Max is €55,580.

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    The new price list has been up for a few days now, forgot to post it.

The ID.4 is €42,248 (incl delivery).
    The ID.4 Max is €55,580.

I see the new prices in the product guide

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/2020/2020-11-06/201104_RB_ID4_1stEd_MY21.pdf

I notice that the price there is a tad lower than what I'm being quoted, I think my dealership is about to get yelled at :mad::mad::mad:

Well just got a call from the dealer and the prices PaulRyan97 found are correct

Dealer said they decided to make the metallic paint free, I feel like they massaged some of the other figures as well. I reckon they want this to sell so they might be willing to take a haircut on profits initially

It's nice to see the price going down rather than up for once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Well just got a call from the dealer and the prices PaulRyan97 found are correct

Dealer said they decided to make the metallic paint free, I feel like they massaged some of the other figures as well. I reckon they want this to sell so they might be willing to take a haircut on profits initially

Honestly I wouldn’t blame the dealer. You’d want a degree in mathematics to keep up with the pricing changes, VRTs and grant and all this.

Also to note the SEAI grant of €5,000 still hasn’t been confirmed for 2021z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

WE visited the dealer last week too,

Think its priced well for the size of the battery n the spec. Ad diesel Tiguan is around the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

L-M wrote: »
    Honestly I wouldn’t blame the dealer. You’d want a degree in mathematics to keep up with the pricing changes, VRTs and grant and all this.

Also to note the SEAI grant of €5,000 still hasn’t been confirmed for 2021z
    What is confirmed re vrt grants and rebates for 2021 do you know?

carsfan2 wrote: »
    What is confirmed re vrt grants and rebates for 2021 do you know?

The VRT is halved. Then there’s some VRT relief depending on the OMSP.

But the 42,500 or whatever includes a 5k SEAI grant that’s yet to be confirmed

Well it was stupid originally. All paints were €700, there was no "free" option.

Just off the phone with the dealership, they've got provisional pricing increases because of the VRT change

The max went up by around 568 bringing it to €56,676 after grants.

Didn't get the exact number on the 1st but he said it went up by over 1k

This is provisional, still waiting to be confirmed in the finance system

The increases don't seem to quite add up with what I'd reckoned, so I wonder did they mess with the omsp to bring the VRT down a bit

What colour you going for? The honey yellow in bjorns video looks pretty good actually. The silver pillars work well with it. The white (while I think it looks well) might be a bit boring and perceived as cheap. The grey to me is dull. And the blue looks a bit cartoonish blue, rather than a nice deep blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Wow looks great in fairness much nicer than the id3 imo.

What’s the bhp on the 77kw version ?

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    Wow looks great in fairness much nicer than the id3 imo.

What’s the bhp on the 77kw version ?

Same. 204hp

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Same. 204hp

Will there be a higher output version ?

Cyrus wrote: »
    Will there be a higher output version ?

Yeah there's gonna be an AWD version sometime in 2021 with ~300HP

Also the Skoda Enyaq (which is the same car underneath) will have an RS version with 350HP at some point

What colour you going for? The honey yellow in bjorns video looks pretty good actually. The silver pillars work well with it. The white (while I think it looks well) might be a bit boring and perceived as cheap. The grey to me is dull. And the blue looks a bit cartoonish blue, rather than a nice deep blue.

I went for the blue in the end. I'm not a fan of white cars and I'm fed up of grey & black cars so they were all out

The yellow is probably the nicest yellow I've seen on a car, but I feel like it's better suited to sunnier climates than here

The blue seems a bit variable, it seems quite dark in the brochure but brighter in pictures. I'd prefer it a tad darker but I still think it's a nice colour (and the only one I liked)

When, roughly, are these landing in showrooms? And when is the "1st" spec no longer an option?

When, roughly, are these landing in showrooms? And when is the "1st" spec no longer an option?

I asked a while back and the short answer is they're not sure. They're hoping maybe in December or early January

My guess is that it'll follow the same pattern as the ID.3, where the showroom cars arrived roughly when the 1st edition customer cars did.

I think I read somewhere that they're building 37,000 ID.4 1st editions, although that's split across the US, Europe and possibly China (not sure if the Chinese built ones are counted in this figure). So once those are sold, they'll roll out the series model.

I'd say it'll be sometime between March & June 2021 for the series model to start deliveries in Ireland, again going by the ID.3

Having said that, they just completed the conversion of the second line in Zwickau, so capacity just doubled. And it's likely the ID.4 will be very popular in Europe, so the series model could arrive sooner than expected

Grants were confirmed today for 2021 so all good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

Looks fantastic in that Bjorn video .... they are going to sell so many of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jp101

A quick couple of questions if anyone can help as I am looking to order one of these.
    Are there any options or extras available to order with the 1st edition it doesn’t appear there is?
    VW offer what appear to be a fairly expensive home charger. Is there any value in getting one from them so that if there are any problems with home charging there isn’t any issues along the lines of “it’s the charger that’s the problem” “ no it’s the car”.

• Advertisement

No options and no issue with getting another reputable charger.

Advertisement