Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Ya, 13k seems very low. The cheapest a dealer has for a 171 is 18k and it has 90k on the clock and no leather seats.

Might see about selling privately but timing is a bit tricky!

Yeah I'm lucky that I can wait until the ID.4 arrives before selling the Leaf, but I'll be in poverty until it's sold.

Maybe when the VRT changes/Brexit kick in the demand for 2nd hand EVs will suddenly skyrocket and it'll all be worth it. Once can live in hope :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Yeah I'm lucky that I can wait until the ID.4 arrives before selling the Leaf, but I'll be in poverty until it's sold.

Maybe when the VRT changes/Brexit kick in the demand for 2nd hand EVs will suddenly skyrocket and it'll all be worth it. Once can live in hope :)

16k from another dealer and if I sell privately in the meantime that's fine by them too.

Amazing difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jp101

For those who've ordered from VW what sort of trade in are you getting?

We've been told 13k for a 172 Ioniq with 60k on the clock and leather seats. The car is generally in good condition so the price seems very low, anyone experienced the same?

I must have gotten lucky as I got a very good trade in on my Skoda. It was this that clinched the deal for me. I had started looking at a kuga phev but €2k more trade in made the decision to go fully electric easier.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Ya, 13k seems very low. The cheapest a dealer has for a 171 is 18k and it has 90k on the clock and no leather seats.

Might see about selling privately but timing is a bit tricky!

You should chat to Phil in electricautos, a few people here has dealt with him, and it will still be a trade price but not 13k.

He deals in second hand electric cars

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Well you don't HAVE to, but you can if you want. The ID.3 first buyers got a free service pack and change of tyres included with the car. I don't think the ID.4 has anything similar

The service packs always seemed like a waste of time to me, especially when you consider the service on the ID series should be 2 years

The "L" service pack gives you one set of tyres and one service (wiper blades basically) so is worth about €600.

The ID.3 first movers got this benefit (or a free charge point) thrown in free as a once off due to the known software issues.

ID.4 customers probably wont get it as those issues should be sorted by the time ID.4 is out.

5. Is there an app/preheating/timed charging, etc? I believe there is, although check over on the ID.3 forum to see how well it works

ID.3 does have app and cabin pre-heating. No reason why any of the rest of the ID range wouldnt use the exact same software and app as the ID.3, so yes is the answer.

• Advertisement

Feels strange making a big purchase without seeing it but think we'll go 1st in blue.

Feels strange making a big purchase without seeing it but think we'll go 1st in blue.

You weren't tempted by the yellow? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

My VW deal here in Drogheda hopes to have one in on the 10th of this month. So hope to see it and make a decision on it for next year. He reckons there will be a 12 week lead time for them, which suits me perfectly as my PCP is up in March.

Its a pet peeve of mine, is that there is always seems to be very limited colours in a new model. Like 4 colours, Grey, White, Yellow and Blue. Always annoys me, especially when there is an established colour pallet for the other models.

But have to see it in flesh, because brochures never accurately show the colour

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    My VW deal here in Drogheda hopes to have one in on the 10th of this month. So hope to see it and make a decision on it for next year. He reckons there will be a 12 week lead time for them, which suits me perfectly as my PCP is up in March.

Its a pet peeve of mine, is that there is always seems to be very limited colours in a new model. Like 4 colours, Grey, White, Yellow and Blue. Always annoys me, especially when there is an established colour pallet for the other models.

They'll have 1 colour in the flesh, so good luck making an informed decision.

Yea, I know. When in doubt, go black (or Manganese Grey :D )

• Advertisement

Yea, I know. When in doubt, go black (or Manganese Grey :D )

I've a feeling the manganese grey doesn't look great with the grey plastic:

volkswagen-id4-gris-manganese-fonce-mangan-grey.jpg

I don't think it'll look as bad as that image either though...

I think it's actually a bit darker than that, closer to black than grey, based on how the ID.3 looks

Betcha it'll be the yellow :rolleyes:

Is that Western Motors? I might have to risk breaking the county border to get a look at one

Is that Western Motors? I might have to risk breaking the county border to get a look at one

Yea, It is. :)

I've a feeling the manganese grey doesn't look great with the grey plastic:

volkswagen-id4-gris-manganese-fonce-mangan-grey.jpg

I don't think it'll look as bad as that image either though...

Jesus I hope it doesnit look as bad as that !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yellow is THE colour.. I like it..

But would have to see in reality. Not sure about the blue, metallic white looks ok but I think looks better on smaller cars.

eagerv wrote: »
    Yellow is THE colour.. I like it..

But would have to see in reality. Not sure about the blue, metallic white looks ok but I think looks better on smaller cars.

Yea, when I saw it first, I wasn't put off by it. It might look really good in the flesh

Yea, It is. :)

Thanks, just rang Joe Duffy Airside and they're hoping the have the dealership car 'soon', so there might be one in Dublin to try soon :)

It would help avoid any border altercations with the Guards for me :D

Yea, when I saw it first, I wasn't put off by it. It might look really good in the flesh

Like I've said, it's probably the best looking yellow car I've seen in a long time, but it's still very yellow...

• Advertisement

Thanks, just rang Joe Duffy Airside and they're hoping the have the dealership car 'soon', so there might be one in Dublin to try soon :)

It would help avoid any border altercations with the Guards for me :D

:D Needs must !!!

Like I've said, it's probably the best looking yellow car I've seen in a long time, but it's still very yellow...

Yea, I know what you mean. You could wake up one day and go, "what was I thinking!!"

:D Needs must !!!

I'm sure they'd be understanding :)

Blackwater motors in Cork have a FCP installed now. Suppose with test drives of the id3 and 4 coming etc they might need one.

Blackwater motors in Cork have a FCP installed now. Suppose with test drives of the id3 and 4 coming etc they might need one.

Yeah Joe Duffy Airside have a nice 60kW dual CCS charger and a few slow chargers so they're well setup for EV sales. It's certainly nice for the battery to be full when picking up the keys

Unfortunately the charger is all the way at the back of the lot, so no use for an after hours emergency top up.

Nissan is across the road and have a 50kW Chademo which is available for anyone to use, you just have to stretch the cable over the pavement after closing time :)

Yeah Joe Duffy Airside have a nice 60kW dual CCS charger and a few slow chargers so they're well setup for EV sales. It's certainly nice for the battery to be full when picking up the keys

Unfortunately the charger is all the way at the back of the lot, so no use for an after hours emergency top up.

Nissan is across the road and have a 50kW Chademo which is available for anyone to use, you just have to stretch the cable over the pavement after closing time :)

I'd be pretty confident you'd not be able to use Blackwater motors one after hours. It's right at the front, but they close the gate at night, and there's a flowerbed and short wall between unit and foot path. You'd want to be pretty desperate for a charge to contemplate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭eagerv

In Waterford they have 2 at front door, one AC one DC (Slowish I think).
    Plus 1 or 2 AC in service area, mine got a bit of charge when update was done..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Is it free vend or is it branded (EasyGo etc) and requires a fob or what? Maybe only WeCharge customers?

i.e. If I just rock up can I plug in? They must have some control on it?

KCross wrote: »
    Is it free vend or is it branded (EasyGo etc) and requires a fob or what? Maybe only WeCharge customers?

i.e. If I just rock up can I plug in? They must have some control on it?

The one in Swords is just plug and go, didn't seem to require a tag or anything. I guess it's controlled by the fact it's a private car park and they can boot people out if they're abusing it

• Advertisement

Blackwater cork just said January

Advertisement