Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Anyone know what the story is with apple carplay on the id4?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Mr.David wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with apple carplay on the id4?

According to the brochure, carplay is available but won't be enabled until after launch.

I assume it's the same big software update that the ID.3 is getting

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/2020/2020-09-15/200929_RB_ID.4%201st%20Ed.%20MY21.pdf

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭JohnC.

https://www.motor1.com/news/448887/vw-id-5-spied-nurburgring/

New version spotted going around the Ring. Unclear if it’s going to be named as a variant of ID.4 or if it’ll be ID.5. Barely any camouflage, just the front grille area.

JohnC. wrote: »
    https://www.motor1.com/news/448887/vw-id-5-spied-nurburgring/

New version spotted going around the Ring. Unclear if it’s going to be named as a variant of ID.4 or if it’ll be ID.5. Barely any camouflage, just the front grille area.

Can't say I'm a fan, looks like a Jetta on stilts.

I'll admit however that I've never been a fan of the whole coupe/SUV thing that's going on these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just came across this imagie on Reddit of a size comparison of the ID4 to the Tiguan.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just came across this imagie on Reddit of a size comparison of the ID4 to the Tiguan.

I think thats the Tiguan Allspace (the 7 seater) that's in that image. Just looking at the Tiguan dimensions and it's slightly smaller than the ID.4

Overall length:

ID.4 = 4584mm
    Tiguan = 4486mm
    Tiguan Allspace = 4701mm

Overall height:

ID.4 = 1612mm
    Tiguan = 1654mm
    Tiguan Allspace = 1674mm

It's worth noting that the US Tiguan is what we call the Tiguan Allspace. They don't have the smaller version. This is why you see some US news sites saying the ID.4 is smaller than the Tiguan, while UK and European ones say it's bigger

Here's a table I knocked together comparing the ID.4 to some compact SUVs

Manufacturer|Model|Overall Length (mm)|Overall Height (mm)|Width with mirrors (mm)|Width mirrors folded (mm)|Wheelbase (mm)|Ground clearance (mm)|Boot space (litres)|Boot space (seats folded) (litres)|Towing capacity (kg)
    VW|ID.4|4584|1612|TBD|1852|2766|210|543|1575|1200
    |Tiguan|4486|1654|2099|1839|2677|191|615|1655|2200
    |Tiguan Allspace|4701|1674|2099|1839|2787|201|700|1775|2400
    Nissan|Quashqai|4394|1595|2070|TBD|2646|TBD|430|1598|1200
    Hyundai|Tucson|4475|1650|2065|1850|2670|TBD|513|1503|1900
    Kia|Sorento|4810|1700|1900|TBD|2815|TBD|616|2011|2500
    |Sportage|4485|1645|1855|TBD|2670|TBD|491|1480|1900
    |eNiro|4375|1535|1805|TBD|2700|160|451|1405|0
    Tesla|Model Y|4775|1600|1850|TBD|2891|TBD|TBD|1868|1600

EDIT: Added the Tesla Model Y, could Tesla just put a f*cking spec sheet on line so I don't have to hop around a bunch of sites???

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

Can't say I'm a fan, looks like a Jetta on stilts.

I'll admit however that I've never been a fan of the whole coupe/SUV thing that's going on these days.

totally agree - the rear 3/4 is an absolute mess

the ID.4 is a good looking car, why you would do this to it, I will never know

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Could you add the Kia eNiro?
    Length : 4375
    Height : 1535
    Width : 1805 (not sure if its with mirrors or not, its not much wider)
    Wheelbase :4375
    Ground Clearance :160
    Boot space : 451L
    Seats folding : 1405L
    No Towing Capacity

graememk wrote: »
    Could you add the Kia eNiro?
    Length : 4375
    Height : 1535
    Width : 1805 (not sure if its with mirrors or not, its not much wider)
    Wheelbase :4375
    Ground Clearance :160
    Boot space : 451L
    Seats folding : 1405L
    No Towing Capacity

Done, I've updated the table above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Might be interesting to add the Leaf to that table, not all that different to the Qashqai. Bigger than most people realise I think!

Length 4490
    Height 1540
    Width 1788
    Boot 435l
    Boot seats down 1176l

Zenith74 wrote: »
    Might be interesting to add the Leaf to that table, not all that different to the Qashqai. Bigger than most people realise I think!

I'm gonna say no because the Leaf is a different vehicle segment, closer to the ID.3 or eGolf

It is a lot bigger on the inside than most people give it credit for, the boot can certainly swallow a lot of stuff. I've currently got a nipper double buggy in mine

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I'm gonna say no because the Leaf is a different vehicle segment, closer to the ID.3 or eGolf

It is a lot bigger on the inside than most people give it credit for, the boot can certainly swallow a lot of stuff. I've currently got a nipper double buggy in mine

I guess my thought is the Leaf could easily fit in well in that segment with such similar dimensions. So if you're buying based on dimensions it might tick the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/models-and-configurator/ID4.html

I got a call from my dealer saying that the ID4 is now available on their system for ordering and that the post budget pricing has been agreed.

Am I right in thinkng that the price of the ID4 has been reduced after the budget? Was it not originally 44k plus metallic but now seems to be 43k plus metallic?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Decoda wrote: »
    https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/models-and-configurator/ID4.html

I got a call from my dealer saying that the ID4 is now available on their system for ordering and that the post budget pricing has been agreed.

Am I right in thinkng that the price of the ID4 has been reduced after the budget? Was it not originally 44k plus metallic but now seems to be 43k plus metallic?

It was already €43k but with a €1k delivery charge on top to get €44k so maybe thats what you are remembering?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

KCross wrote: »
    It was already €43k but with a €1k delivery charge on top to get €44k so maybe thats what you are remembering?

Yup, that was it. €1000 delivery.

Decoda wrote: »
    Yup, that was it. €1000 delivery.

Just checked and the configurator has the old prices. They might have updated the prices on their internal systems but they haven't been published yet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There hasn’t been any prices confirmed yet as we don’t know what the “tapering” of the €5,000 grant is going to be.

With the drop in the VRT and presumably a much smaller grant as the ID.4 is close to 50k OMSP I think it’s going to increase by about €1,500.

If the VRT is €6,500 now with a €5k and for next year it’s going to be €3,250 with a €1,000 grant.

Anyway, we’ll know next week.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

L-M wrote: »
    There hasn’t been any prices confirmed yet as we don’t know what the “tapering” of the €5,000 grant is going to be.

I don't recall any mention of grant tapering, only the tapering of the VRT rebate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

liamog wrote: »
    I don't recall any mention of grant tapering, only the tapering of the VRT rebate.

Same difference.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

L-M wrote: »
    Same difference.

Well we have the detail of the VRT tapering.
    Revenue published it and KCross worked out a table.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114945857&postcount=145

Key detail is from here:
    Relief for Electric Vehicles (EVs)
    The €5,000 relief is to be retained in full for all EVs with
    an open market selling price (OMSP) of up to €40,000.
    Above €40,000, the relief will be reduced by 50% of the
    OMSP over €40,000. The relief will no longer be available
    where the OMSP is €50,000 or more.

Just off the phone with the dealership, they've got provisional pricing increases because of the VRT change

The max went up by around 568 bringing it to €56,676 after grants.

Didn't get the exact number on the 1st but he said it went up by over 1k

This is provisional, still waiting to be confirmed in the finance system

The increases don't seem to quite add up with what I'd reckoned, so I wonder did they mess with the omsp to bring the VRT down a bit

From calculations based on their original number the 1st should go up €1,438 and the Max by €738.
    There's a reasonable chance they'll lower the price to hit a target.

liamog wrote: »
    From calculations based on their original number the 1st should go up €1,438 and the Max by €738.
    There's a reasonable chance they'll lower the price to hit a target.

Your calculations seem closer to the mark so that's probably correct. Mine were a bit of guesswork to begin with.

I suspect they might lower the price of the Max and possibly leave the 1st where it is, since the 1st will likely be more popular they can get away with it.

They did something similar with the ID.3, the plus and max got lower interest rates than the 1st

They did also increase the delivery charge from €800 to €1000.

They did also increase the delivery charge from €800 to €1000.

I noticed that, it seems to have been like that for a while, few months maybe?

I noticed that, it seems to have been like that for a while, few months maybe?

Dont think so, all the ID.3 1st's are at €800.

Dont think so, all the ID.3 1st's are at €800.

I'm sure they'll have some excuse like they can't squash as many onto a boat because it's a bigger car :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The delivery costs were increased to €1,000 when the ID.3 series prices were released.

Advertisement