Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

why does tupac and b.i.g. keep coming into my head in a thread like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,823 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Monkeynut wrote: »
    why does tupac and b.i.g. keep coming into my head in a thread like this.

Because there's no accounting for lack of taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

cnocbui wrote: »
    Because there's no accounting for lack of taste?

I don't like rap music. Its too blow your brain out and crap. But just the east side vs west side is in my head.

I prefer boyzone.....

Anyway back to topic, weather doesn't look to good in the near future.
    Hopefully something changes in the charts to get us by.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

3am obs show only Finner and Knock below freezing at - 1, it isnt even going to be a spectacularly icy morning.

What a crock.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

catching up with the thread after 15 hours away!

No idea what the state of the snow is out here y'day was a windy wet out ....blissfully quiet here now and no white stuff at the door..

Black as.... night..out there with just one star.. Cannot see a foot beyond the face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Caught the end of a streamer near Tullow to give a little light dusting.

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/1091216522092134407?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I wonder if everyone in Dublin is taking another “snow” day today.
    Yesterday mornings traffic was grand 😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Croohur

A few cms of snow here above Aughrim in Wicklow. Think I will call a snow day and head up the fields with the kids. Looks like some snow streamers headed this way too and see is there is enough in the top fields for some sledding

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭highdef

Some showers have started moving into the north Dublin coast around Balbriggan. Half decent one moving onshore now with another building behind it.

Watch out Gonzo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Snow day here on the wexford/Wicklow border. School closed so off out to build a snowman with the kids after breakfast. Fully expect it all to have disappeared later as it's very wet snow but that suits me fine. Day off work, some fun in the snow and then all back to normal tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

A good bit of snow on the Dublin Mountains this morning. Can’t get a good shot (damn it school).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Still some snow in the grass here outside Ballina in Mayo and the place is frozen solid now! Exactly the type of event I expect for Ireland in winter, no disappointment here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

Roads absolutely lethal this morning around Carlow side of Laois, they don't appear to have been gritted. Getting up a steep hill in the car was interesting to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

sryanbruen wrote: »
    A good bit of snow on the Dublin Mountains this morning. Can’t get a good shot (damn it school).

Don't worry I'm just on my way to sort that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭littlema

471883.jpeg

Sunny/snowy morning here in S Sligo. 3.5*c so don’t expect it to last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Complete let down in Cork, didn't expect much but we didn't even get a frost!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

Starting to snow in Dublin 15, quite gently at the moment but it's starting to stick in places much to my surprise. Sky is going that lovely dark snowy colour.......dare I hope for the first time that we might get a wee bit of snow? I'd take any amount at this stage

Snowing in North Kildare, near Enfield. Sticking well as the temp is -1c. Roads and pavements already have a full covering. Looking at the radar, it could be comin down for a while and could get heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Snowing in Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Very light snow here in leixlip..and sticking easily. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Place is white here in ashbourne. little streamer off the Irish sea. Soft hail/ grapel.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Still some snow in the grass here outside Ballina in Mayo and the place is frozen solid now! Exactly the type of event I expect for Ireland in winter, no disappointment here

Just a swift update; not well so need to rest...Beautiful sunny winter day here, with a hard frost. only ONE mountain has an impressive thick white hat on... Bitter harsh cold but sunny..

west mayo offshore winter paradise

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭EMPotatohands

Sunny in Ballyfermot :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Snow just started in d5. Doubt it'll get heavy or stick but yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

180 odd pages here for a skift of snow in a few locations 😂😂the hunger for snow still very strong

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Snowing, d11

Slight dusting after recent shower south east of Enfield. A fairly beefy shower just passed to my East, passing Kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Slight dusting in Sallins too, hope it veers a tiny bit more south

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Snow in Clane but sun is out

Dogs loving it

471887.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Dark and cloudy here in D6... no snow yet:(

Advertisement