Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

inthehat wrote: »
    Not a single flake in KK :(

http://www.kilkennyweather.com/ 2.3C in the city.
    http://www.kilkennymet.com/weatherconsole.php 0.8C on the high ground

On my high ground it is sticking better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Snowing here at the foothills of the Slieve Blooms in Co Offaly but nothing sticking I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Gonzo wrote: »
    The majority of the snow in Cornwall fell on high ground. It was cold rain and sleet on low ground just like in Ireland. Most of the snow thats on the radar over in the Uk is very light. The extreme south-east of the UK may get a bit of proper snow, but looks like most it avoided the southern coast and has made it's way across the English channel instead. Very little north of that M4 corridor between Cardiff and London.

While that's true, My friend on the Isle of Wight is getting a PROPER dumping. snow is finally sticking there now, heavy snow for a good 2 hours now.

I wish i could include the photo but my account's too young.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Snowing moderately enough here now in my location of south Laois 126masl. Roads going to be lethal in the morning no matter how long it snows for when it freezes later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Accuweather saying Cork City dewpoints are currently 2 degrees but eh, I have no other way of checking them really.

Wunderground says 1 degree.

Met E reports give you temp and humidity. From that you can work out DPs - if you Google it you will find a DP calculator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Gonzo wrote: »
    The majority of the snow in Cornwall fell on high ground. It was cold rain and sleet on low ground just like in Ireland. Most of the snow thats on the radar over in the Uk is very light. The extreme south-east of the UK may get a bit of proper snow, but looks like most it avoided the southern coast and has made it's way across the English channel instead. Very little north of that M4 corridor between Cardiff and London.

Phew! That makes me feel better!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

dexter647 wrote: »
    Snowing moderately enough here now in my location of south Laois 126masl. Roads going to be lethal in the morning no matter how long it snows for when it freezes later on.

What part are you in?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

200motels wrote: »
    Mick do think we’ll get snow here.

A real mix of everything out there now, just so marginal. Temp is 2.0c DP 0.7c Maybe when the colder upper air temps arrive later it will help as the front pushes back south. I think we will see some snow but will it stick? The ground is saturated. Of more concern is if it freezes on whats there now. Lethal conditions if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Mega sleet and hail shower here in Rochestown. Temps plunged as a result. Now 1.0c, down from 2.1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Mega sleet and hail shower here in Rochestown. Temps plunged as a result. Now 1.0c, down from 2.1c.

ooh hopefully it works its way over to me in bishopstown! Only sleet atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

A few flakes blowing in the wind curragh Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Total lack of maps here leads me to believe it's all over?

BBFAN wrote: »

what no?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Heavy rain, 3C, will it turn to something white?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭No Bills

BBFAN wrote: »
    Depends where you are. Some precipitation heading south. Map attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭Heckler

ooh hopefully it works its way over to me in bishopstown! Only sleet atm

Just rain here in the Glasheen/Lough direction. Road could be vicious in the morning if it freezes.

Any updates? Low seems to be moving west rather then south (via Met Eireann radar)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Heckler wrote: »
    Just rain here in the Glasheen/Lough direction. Road could be vicious in the morning if it freezes.

Yeah never turned to hail here either stayed as rain/sleet. Can't see the road freezing, it's meant to remain cloudy. If it does though then yeah it will be bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Moderate precipitation here near Arklow at the moment
    Its a rain snow mix but nearly there in being full snow
    Quite chunky flakes in the rain
    Air temp has dropped to 1.7c
    Dewpoint is -0.5c
    Wetbulb is 1c

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

The sum total of snow/sleety experiences today:

- A sleet shower near Beggars Bush for about half a minute at 2pm, back to rain.
    - Another sleet shower in Belfield at 8pm for about a minute, back to rain.
    - Proper snow shower for about a minute in Belfield 15 mins ago, sky promptly cleared shortly after that (after it had rained all day).

Accurately describes this whole winter really, at least for Dublin. The weather equivalent of spitting in your eye. We’ve really paid for the fun and games of last winter. Other parts of the country have done reasonably well though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

TTLF wrote: »
    While that's true, My friend on the Isle of Wight is getting a PROPER dumping. snow is finally sticking there now, heavy snow for a good 2 hours now.

I wish i could include the photo but my account's too young.

yep, the English channel is where it's at for decent snow. Proper snow is skirting the south-east of England and on the french side. Some heavy snow over parts of central and western London now too.

Milder air has arrived at the Isle of Wright and they have rain or sleet there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Finally a nice bit of snow accumulating here in South Laois dogs loved the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

dexter647 wrote: »

Just goes to show how marginal this is, North Laois 70m asl and its rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Snow shower on N7 heading past rathcoole

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭bassy

snowing here in north kilkenny for the last 2 hours,but its not real heavey snow.
    about 3cm snow on the car.

snowing heavier here now,but still not sticking on road as its wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Heckler wrote: »

Just over the road here in Lehenaghmore, and my Weather Station Barometer is saying 5c at the moment.
    Heavy rain just eased off now.
    Is it going to drop enough to freeze at this stage??

Stopped here in D14, up to the passing showers or possible streamers now I'm guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Stopped here in D14, up to the passing showers or possible streamers now I'm guessing?

Looking unlikely

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Looking unlikely

It'll be interesting if this all freezes over with the clear sky tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

It'll be interesting if this all freezes over with the clear sky tonight.

No precip really

Advertisement