Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Gonzo did you get a dusting this morning?

Rathoath got about 2cm from a streamer around 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Billcarson wrote: »
    Perhaps. But the clock is ticking.
    March snow is more often then not as useful as t#ts on a bull.

As the Days get Longer The Cold gets STRONGER......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Its amazing how much a small streamer off the Irish sea can deliver.

Cant wait for a full blown BEAST later in the month......:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got very little and I am only 2km from Ratoath. Just some graupel on pavements and car, nothing in the grass.

I heard around the County Club has about 1cm on the ground, looks like I got the very edge of a shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

littlema wrote: »
    471883.jpeg

Sunny/snowy morning here in S Sligo. 3.5*c so don’t expect it to last long.

We have different angles of a similar view - lovely image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Heavy snow d5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Graupel shower in Greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

Looking down over south east Dublin. Some ominous cloud pushing in from the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Three rock is lovely, powder snow at top & can see the streamers coming in across North Dublin :)

Starting to snow now a little bit...

Can't attach pics from mobile, will pop them up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    that's a bit like in October 2008 (I think it was), i went to Berlin for a weekend and while I was there it snowed here at home. I've never seen lying snow in Ireland during October, but the one time it happened I was outside the country and there was no snow in Germany.

The weather teased me a lot for New York. They had their best November snow since the late 19th century during the week I was originally going to have my holiday on (and apparently they have less snow in November on average than us which is a shocker). When I got there, it was cloudy and damp with similar Winter temperatures to us. The Sunday was dreadful. It was constant drizzle all day (at least in Ireland, it is rarely that constant with no break or ease) with a very thick fog. Could not see anything. However, it was much sunnier for the Monday to Wednesday thankfully. There was quite a windchill. The temperatures weren't far off values we've seen at our coldest this Winter (3/4c during the day) but for some reason, it felt absolutely bitter there in the Winter sunshine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Blue skies Meath

Lots of snow for the inlaws in the Wicklow hills. No school for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

I love snow as much as any of you.. but this winter has been a poor one. All I want now is spring and to get back in the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

A rare cloudless morning in Letterkenny, lovely frosty start. Still plenty of snow on the ground away from direct sunlight, surprisingly little melting since Tuesday. Not been a bad few days all things considered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

No sign of any streamer activity north of wicklow at the moment, saw a couple roll in earlier-

https://www.wicklowcam.com

Camera could do with a clean!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light graupel shower in Dublin 16. 2.3c atm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Cracking day in Galway. I reckon the mountains will be class tomorrow. Really enjoyed this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gates to the Croghan windmills on the Wicklow wexford border just now

d6123afb71897c33804e272f1df212dc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Cracking day in Galway. I reckon the mountains will be class tomorrow. Really enjoyed this week.

It was a fun week. Didn't get any sticking snow but I got some good crack out of lamp post watching early last night with the flakes and shleet falling (which I cannot say for every Winter though I'll still call this Winter ****e :P ) and it was nice looking at the many pics on here of snow which is always great.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 UpTheHillFrom

Super peaceful on croghan, just west of Arklow

Incoming streamer on croghan wex/wick boarder. starting to snow again 😀

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Bitterly cold wind in cork city now. Some light clouds about with blue sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Has there ever been any reports of freezing rain in ireland? Saw some places in Europe get it this year and it looks crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Think we got it here 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Bitterly cold wind in cork city now. Some light clouds about with blue sky.

t's freezing! 2C and a stiff north wind. Nice and sunny, i'd take this any day over mild!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Lenny5 wrote: »
    Has there ever been any reports of freezing rain in ireland? Saw some places in Europe get it this year and it looks crazy.

Christmas day 2009! Certainly here in Cork it turned my estate, and any estate with hills, into a pop up ice rink. Absolutely lethal. You couldn't even walk outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Lenny5 wrote: »

There was some yesterday in Dublin. When a rogue shower passed over Dublin early in the rush hour, the ground was still frozen. People were reporting that several people had slipped on the ice as a result of the freezing rain. I got home to North Kildare around 9am or so yesterday and the village was slick with ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Lovely day in Kerry. -1 this Morning, risen to 0. Sun shining and snow on the mountains.

Lunch time walk on croghan, Wexford Wicklow boarder.

https://twitter.com/flyingfishetap/status/1091337754846396416?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fantastic day in East Galway

Advertisement