Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Looking like FG are hoping this will be forgotten about.

Looks that way alright- they will drag out this investigation until some other big news story breaks and they will release some pointless findings then.

All brushed under the carpet, maybe a wrap on the knuckles for Bailey - hopefully her medical bills aint too high after it.

I'd imagine an even more concerted effort will be made in the near future to rehabilitate her reputation by looking to, once again, play the mental health card.

It's absolutely pathetic that she/supporters of hers have been using this as a way to try move the debate.

Maria please dont bring mental health into it as you are down because the insurance scam that you tried to pull off has failed and you have been badly caught out. You need to act like an adult and take the disdain that will come your way as you were very willing to take the money if the opportunity had arisen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Surely they're not cynical enough to be stalling for time awaiting some other headline to hit the news so they can bury Kennedy's findings in behind it?

Best part of a month this has been hanging over them now, the report due to be delivered by today going by what FG sources say.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

This part of the interview is particularly relevant and represents the mindset that Maria and her ilk possess. If I fell off that swing similar to Maria with a drink in each hand and landed on my ass, I would sit there and have a good laugh about the situation and I know my friends would too. Now they would ask me if I was ok, but because I can laugh at myself they would join in and I would make a few jokes about it and get on with my night.

However, Ms. Bailey was "mortified", I don't get this, was she mortified about what her "friends" thought of her or the other patrons - why would she care what the other patrons thought. This mindset started the wheels in motion and in the next breath someone, possibly a former FG solicitor allegedly on the scene, said the words "the hotel is liable" and then the night took a different course and hence the episode swing-gate commenced.

Meanwhile, in an alternate universe, my friends and I would be getting on with the night and having another go on the swings.

I will be awaiting the result of Leo's review, however my fear is that it will be buried and MB will retain her seat.

What about the bit where she "jumped up". Some feat considering the injuries sustained wouldn't you say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Surely they're not cynical enough to be stalling for time awaiting some other headline to hit the news so they can bury Kennedy's findings in behind it?

Best part of a month this has been hanging over them now, the report due to be delivered by today going by what FG sources say.

As i said a while back the next big world event/disaster/terror attack FG's spin department will be Johnny on the spot with the press release.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

They are one month away from the summer recess. They will try and get as close to that as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

tigerboon wrote: »
    What about the bit where she "jumped up". Some feat considering the injuries sustained wouldn't you say

(Almost) dead cat bounce?

They are one month away from the summer recess. They will try and get as close to that as possible.

The bloody summer recess ffs, the rest of us get a couple of weeks off work and despite 90% of these clowns doing the square root of f u ck all they'll be off for months. Joke of a system.
    Maybe Bailey could go get some swinging lessons in her spare time. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The bloody summer recess ffs, the rest of us get a couple of weeks off work and despite 90% of these clowns doing the square root of f u ck all they'll be off for months. Joke of a system.

I'm sure there a few here that would love to educate her. Fnarr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Fine Gael could well be the party for swingers after Tom Barry got caught rapid on Dail TV pulling Aine Collins into his lap.

Just been announced in the 1pm news on Newstalk - Leo has refused to say whether or not he will reveal the details of the report to the public, which was due to have been delivered today.

Leo said "he will have to read it first" :D

He's surely in a lose lose situation on this, sure it's better for the plebs to just join the dots and form their own version of events leo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭inajock

Has she been turning up to the dail at all or completely gone to ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Shemale wrote: »
    Fine Gael could well be the party for swingers after Tom Barry got caught rapid on Dail TV pulling Aine Collins into his lap.

In his defence I do believe he had been drinking in work, something that would get most of us plebs sacked. But it's OK, it was only a debate on The Protection of Life During Pregnancy bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nope every business is closing down because of Maria Bailey, there is no other factors like these insurance companies and how they operate.

Let’s leave out the simple facts just about to score some political goals.

Nothing changes

No they are not, but she shows up Fine Gael for what some members are behind the spin.
    To be fair wheels FG can't go from chastising compo culture participants one week to dismiss one of their own doing it as inconsequential the next as you seem to be trying.
    True we keep giving FF/FG a pass, nothing changes.

inajock wrote: »

Hey, have some sensitivity, the poor woman fell off a swing ffs....

Every word that comes out of FG'ers mouths now about insurance cheats is worthless and every time someone get's a crazy insurance renewal they will remember people the ilk of Bailey are responsible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

inajock wrote: »

Both. She has been going to the Dail and falling on the ground a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Every word that comes out of FG'ers mouths now about insurance cheats is worthless and every time someone get's a crazy insurance renewal they will remember people the ilk of Bailey are responsible.

Or dole cheats, or FF cheats or any other cheats really. Is this sort of thing because the FF tail has been wagging the FG dog?

Qui Cum Canibus Concumbunt Cum Pulicibus Surgent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

RustyNut wrote: »
    Or dole cheats, or FF cheats or any other cheats really. Is this sort of thing because the FF tail has been wagging the FG dog.

ooh, fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

RustyNut wrote: »

LOL.. We had a Christian brother who was always coming out with that. He was warning us off about the girls from the protestant school down the road. We laughed because he said girls and cum in the same sentence.

Innocent times.

• Advertisement

That's it, like we needed more proof. Leo's dole fraud PR stunt and the comp culture talk. The whole FG shtick is built on calling out people as chancers without a thought to vulnerable and/or genuine people...like that poor Maria Bailey ;)

Anyone think these two articles placed side by side on the Indo are strategically placed so, rather than coincidentally so?

Screenshot-2019-06-12-18-40-20-730-com-android-chrome.jpg

Who is Paddy McKillen?

Meet the teetotal Dublin pub boss who's taking over the capital
    So take a deep breath and count his successes: Sophie's; Angelina's; Dollard & Co; Elephant & Castle; Roberta's; Tomahawk; Union Cafe; Wagamama; Wowburger; The Dean Hotel; The Devlin Hotel; the Bison Bar; Everleigh Garden; The Garage Bar, Kennedy's Bar; Mary's Bar; Peruke & Periwig; Stella Cocktail Club; Suas; the Liquor Rooms; the Workman's Club, Vintage Cocktail Club; and the hip new Stella Theatre are all on his books. He is set to open another venue, The Dutch Billy, in the coming weeks.

sophies-swing-main-590x495.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bmc58

Hey, have some sensitivity, the poor woman fell off a swing ffs....

And she "only has one drink at home before going out" and one at the hotel.She has holding "the third one on the swing" when she had her catastrophic tumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Anyone think these two articles placed side by side on the Indo are strategically placed so, rather than coincidentally so?

Screenshot-2019-06-12-18-40-20-730-com-android-chrome.jpg

Who is Paddy McKillen?

Meet the teetotal Dublin pub boss who's taking over the capital

sophies-swing-main-590x495.png

I like the cut of his jib, low profile hard worker, risk taker and massive employer.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭golfball37

I like the cut of his jib, low profile hard worker, risk taker and massive employer.

Noonan tried to blacken him when he wouldn’t go into Nama.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

And she going back to work on the same day that the 'independent investigation' is supposed to conclude..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Looking at those swings - they seem to be only 15 inches at most from the floor.

Unless one were standing up on the boards, hard to see how any serious injury, or indeed any injury could be sustained.

nuac wrote: »
    Looking at those swings - they seem to be only 15 inches at most from the floor.

Unless one were standing up on the boards, hard to see how any serious injury, or indeed any injury could be sustained.

I wondered how she needed plasters from polished wood tbh?

Can you put a plaster on a bruised ego?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

New pub named the Dutch Billy? Oooh controversial. Drinks promotions on July 12th? Will be a gay bar for sure like King Billy himself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Old article but it became the lucky duck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement