Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The try harder if ye want to keep a second joke thread thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's funny how my missus sits up all night, waiting for me to come back from the pub..

Just to ask me what time of night is.

Carlsberg does do the perfect wife.

You've just got to drink enough of it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Theresa May has appointed a minister for loneliness.

Shouldn't there be more than one?

Also who do we complain to about there being only one Monopolies Commission ?

My girlfriend whispered to me last night that she likes it rough....

So I took her to Limerick.

Why did the Mexican take Valium?

For Hispanic attacks.

A woman goes into a shop and asks for a maternity Bra.

The assistant asks, "What Bust?".

She says, "The bleedin' Condom!".

Over the past week I've burgled nine flats in Limerick.

It feels great to get my stuff back.

It's Motown weather

Three degrees

Four, tops

When me and my mates go out on the pull, I'm known as "The cat"

It's not because I'm sleek and stealthy, or anything like that, it's that when I turn up the birds scatter.

I keep having recurring nightmares about fruit machines.

My wife has been really supportive, she wakes me up with a nudge, and then holds me.

• Advertisement

The day when Jesus was supposedly miraculously resurrected from the dead falls this year on April Fools Day....

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

A gynecologist had a burning desire to change careers and become a mechanic. So she found out from her local tech college what was involved, signed up for evening classes and attended diligently, learning all she could.

When time for the practical exam approached, she prepared carefully for weeks, and completed the exam with tremendous skill. When the results came back, she was surprised to find that she had obtained a mark of 150%.

Fearing an error, she called the instructor, saying “I don’t want to appear ungrateful for such an outstanding result, but I wondered if there had been an error which needed adjusting.”

The instructor said, “During the exam, you took the engine apart perfectly, which was worth 50% of the total mark. You put the engine back together again perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark.
    I gave you an extra 50% because you did all of it THROUGH the exhaust…”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I was shagging the woman from next door over the kitchen table, when we heard the front door opening.

That's my husband she said, "Quick try the back door".

I knew I should have left before her husband caught me, but there's no way I was refusing an offer like that!!

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

I went up to a homeless man as I came out of a pub last night and said, "What would you say if I asked you to come back to my house for a few drinks and a 3 course meal in front of the fireplace?"

"I'd say yes," he replied.

"Exactly," I said, shaking my head and walking away, "What the **** is wrong with women these days?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,242 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

My aunt slept with Tommy Cooper once.

Nothing happened though; all he wanted to do was spoon jar jar spoon with her.

Tommy Cooper when getting out of a taxi after paying for the fair would stuff something extra in the cabbies pocket and wink and say "have a drink on me"

Later on the cabbie would have a look expecting a pound note or a even a fiver and find a tea bag :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

If you’re vegan and running a marathon, how do you decide which one to talk about first???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

A homeless guy saw a Pretty Woman standing on the Railing of a Bridge determined to kill herself.

Immediately he saw his chance, walked up to her and asked,

"Lady, before ending your life would you consider doing me a favour and have sex with me?“

Disgusted and Crying the Woman replied "No of course not, You Pervert!“

"Fair Enough“ the homeless man replied "I‘ll Wait at the Bottom Then.“

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

666 ... the number of the Beast!

667 ... the neighbour of the Beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭donegal_man

youtube! wrote: »
    666 ... the number of the Beast!

667 ... the neighbour of the Beast.

25.80698, the root of all evil

I walked into a car showroom last night.

I said to the salesman, "My wife would like to talk to you about the Volkswagen Golf in the window."

He said, "We don't have a Volkswagen Golf in the window."

I said, "You do now."

• Advertisement

I was out on a date with this girl, when I asked her, "Do you spit or swallow?"

She slapped my face and stormed off. I'm never taking anyone wine tasting again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Paddy Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman were submitting quotes to build a new road.

Paddy Scotsman: "I'll do it for 10 million, I can get a discount on materials"

Paddy Englishman: "I'll do it for 20 million, I can guarantee quality"

Paddy Irishman: " I'll do it for 30 million, 10 million for you, 10 million for me, and we'll hire Paddy Scotsman to do the job"

A farmer was sitting in the neighborhood bar getting drunk. A man came in and asked the farmer,
    “Hey, why are you sitting here on this beautiful day, getting drunk?”
    The farmer shook his head and replied,
    “Some things you just can’t explain.”
    “So what happened that’s so horrible?” the man asked as he sat down next to the farmer.
    “Well,” the farmer said, “today I was sitting by my cow, milking her. Just as I got the bucket full, she lifted her left leg and kicked over the bucket.”
    “Okay,” said the man, “but that’s not so bad.” “Some things you just can’t explain,” the farmer replied. “So what happened then?” the man asked. The farmer said, “I took her left leg and tied it to the post on the left.”
    “And then?”
    “Well, I sat back down and continued to milk her. Just as I got the bucket full, she took her right leg and kicked over the bucket.”
    The man laughed and said, “Again?” The farmer replied, “Some things you just can’t explain.” “So, what did you do then?” the man asked.
    “I took her right leg this time and tied it to the post on the right.”
    “And then?”
    “Well, I sat back down and began milking her again. Just as I got the bucket full, the stupid cow knocked over the bucket with her tail.”
    “Hmmm,” the man said and nodded his head. “Some things you just can’t explain,” the farmer said.
    “So, what did you do?” the man asked.
    “Well,” the farmer said, “I didn’t have any more rope, so I took off my belt and tied her tail to the rafter. In that moment, my pants fell down and my wife walked in… Some things you just can’t explain.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I know a fella who tried to make his own rawlplugs once but he couldn't get the rawl material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I know a fella who tried to make his own rawlplugs once but he couldn't get the rawl material

Pick a window....any window... you're leaving!

:pac:

emeldc wrote: »
    I went to see the mother in law in London the other day.
    She lives in Birmingham but she looks better from London.

Tommy Cooper RIP
    This guy walked up to me the other night and said: “Quick, did you see a policeman around here?” I said no.

He said: “Good. Stick’em up.”

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I'm a Schizophrenic

And so am I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Let me give you a piece of advice.

Advi

So Mikey the Kerryman is up in Dublin for the very first time and he really wants to fit in so he practices and practices his very best Dublin accent in front of the mirror for weeks before he arrives in the big smoke.

Confident he has it down to a T he decides he needs some cigarettes to relax and goes into to buy them.

"Rigghh" he says to the shopkeeper, "Gis 20 bleedin major and a box of bleedin matches"

Ok says the shopkeeper, your'e from Kerry aren't you?

Mikey is crushed, How the **** did you know that?? The shopkeeper replies..

This is a butcher's shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

What's the best way to think the unthinkable?

With an itheberg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,242 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Why was Snow White moaning all night?

Because she was fúcking Grumpy.

It's easy to deter ladies from consuming Tide Pods.

But, it's harder to deter gents.

A Scottish lottery winner has announced he'll buy Glasgow Rangers FC.

The man was not available for comment but his wife told reporters.. "He's over the moon and who knows what he would have done if he'd got a fourth number up"

Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub.

Surely one of the earliest examples of Rap...

Straight Outta Trumpton

When my son was nine. He told me a girl at school was yelling at him and he just sat there wondering what he did wrong.

I told him that he's ready for marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Throcanter

A man walks into a pet shop, saying he wants to mate his bird. The pet shop owner asks him "what sex is the bird"

The owner replies "I don't know I never saw it with its feathers off"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

#ALERT#

IKEA coffin jokes incoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,122 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The Swedish founder of the Ikea furniture chain, Ingvar Kamprad, has died.

May he rest in pieces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭blade1

everlast75 wrote: »
    The Swedish founder of the Ikea furniture chain, Ingvar Kamprad, has died.

May he rest in pieces

If there'll be an open casket...
    Remains to be seen.

• Advertisement

Will he be buried in a flatpack coffin, at least we can be sure it will NOT be "self-assembly".

Just found out I've failed my German exam.

Sacre bleu!

The founder of Ikea has died aged 91.

Flat pack coffins.
    Allen Key.
    Leftover parts.

This joke requires some assembly.

The founder of Ikea has died at the age of ninety one.

Mourners are asked to assemble at the church on Friday.

The founder of Ikea has died at the age of ninety one.

Which coincidentally is the number of screws you have left over when you have put one of the wardrobes together.

Ikea founder Ingvar Kamprad has died at the age of 91.

It's not known how his vast wealth will be divided by his family, as his solicitor says he left no instructions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did he collapse at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

440109.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wardling

Stallone, van damme and Schwarzenegger get together to make a movie about classical composers.

Stallone says "I'll be Mozart"
    Van damme says "I'll be beethoven" and Schwarzenegger says "I'll be bach"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

I went to the doctor's office the other day and found out that the new doctor is young, female and drop dead gorgeous.

I was a little embarrassed, and she could tell, but she said "Don't worry, Just tell me what's wrong and I'll check it out".

I said "My Wife thinks my dick tastes funny".

They're going to put a clock on the leaning tower of Pisa. That way it'll have both the time and the inclination.

• Advertisement
Advertisement