Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mossie

Size looks about right for a m.2 enclosure. Cant see it having that capacity in an m.2 at that price though.

2 TB SSD seems to be around €200 for an external drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Xbox Wireless Headset is in stock on Amazon.de
    It's €100 + €9 delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

DeSelby83 wrote:
    Xbox Wireless Headset is in stock on Amazon.de It's €100 + €9 delivery

Nice one thanks man been looking for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Also I seem to be able to play some enhanced series x games from the external drive, sea of thieves, master chief collection... I’m using a Samsung t5 1tb.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MU-PA1T0B-Portable-SSD-1TB/dp/B074M774TW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3VHO1EQA09BSM&dchild=1&keywords=samsung+t5+ssd&qid=1618260664&sprefix=Samsung+t5%2Caps%2C161&sr=8-3

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

recyclops wrote: »
    Can I ask do you buy digital games often. I'd say 99% of my games are digital and I never get these voucher codes 😔

I'm the same. Spent loads over the years, account is there since day one of the 360 and I never get a voucher.

Signed into my 4 year old sons account today and he was sent the €10 voucher.

His account is only set up about 10 months and rarely used. My 6 year olds account didn't get any voucher.

How do they decide who to send these things to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭John Horgan

Hello all,
    Getting "installation stopped" when trying to install Observation from Game Pass.
    And on 6.66 GB of course lol.

Any ideas why this could be happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Hello all,
    Getting "installation stopped" when trying to install Observation from Game Pass.

That game hard crashed twice on me during the first hour, had to unplug the Xbox twice, never went back since.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    That game hard crashed twice on me during the first hour, had to unplug the Xbox twice, never went back since.

Sounds like one to avoid so if it happens once to me then.

I don't know if there's a limit on how many Game Pass games you can have installed at once.

But after uninstalling another one Observation continued installing immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Hello all,

I don't know if there's a limit on how many Game Pass games you can have installed at once.

Sounds like you were out of space on your hard drive rather than an issue with the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

There is no limit to the amount you can have installed. sounds like you were running low on storage.

Thanks lads, this was rhe first time I had the issue so ar least I know now

Thanks lads, this was rhe first time I had the issue so ar least I know now

When you go into "My games and apps" on your Xbox, the storage will be displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dubdub20

Looking for people's opinion regarding the xbox series S. I have an old xbox one s and a 1080P telly that I don't plan to upgrade for the next 2 or 3 years.

I am just getting back into gaming after a break mainly thanks to Gamepass. I am just wondering how much of an upgrade the series S would be in loading speeds, framerate etc over an xbox one s? I wouldn't be upgrading to a series X in the near future but if the series s provided a noticeable improvement then it might be worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Dubdub20 wrote: »
    Looking for people's opinion regarding the xbox series S. I have an old xbox one s and a 1080P telly that I don't plan to upgrade for the next 2 or 3 years.

I am just getting back into gaming after a break mainly thanks to Gamepass. I am just wondering how much of an upgrade the series S would be in loading speeds, framerate etc over an xbox one s? I wouldn't be upgrading to a series X in the near future but if the series s provided a noticeable improvement then it might be worth the investment.

It's night and day. You will lose the disc drive though if you have any disc games

How long did the Artics 7X headset take to arrive for people that bought them direct from Steelseries?

How long did the Artics 7X headset take to arrive for people that bought them direct from Steelseries?

Mine shipped on the 10th of March a Wednesday.
    It arrived on the 16th a Tuesday.

I'm sure it was held up a little over the weekend though, cause it didn't move much with GLS over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Dubdub20 wrote: »

In backwards compatibility terms it will be largely the same but with some more consistent frame rates and perhaps higher resolutions if a game uses dynamic scaling. But the Series S uses the same backwards compatibility as the One S, where as the Series X uses the One X backwards compatibility.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

xCloud Gaming beta coming to iOS and Windows 10 tomorrow, to select GPU subscribers.

See here.

My Xbox headset arrived today from Amzon. Really like the feel and comfort of it. Thanks again for the tip off lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

My Xbox headset arrived today from Amzon. Really like the feel and comfort of it. Thanks again for the tip off lads.

Mine is due to arrive on Friday from Amazon.de
    Looking forward to trying it out at the weekend.

DeSelby83 wrote:
    Mine is due to arrive on Friday from Amazon.de Looking forward to trying it out at the weekend.

It's really nice and I like the swivel controls at the side. Good value for money. Mine came from amazon.de too. Think it was yourself who posted they were in stock there so thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Got mine recently after waiting two weeks for them. From the first (of many) generic shipping notifications to say it was in Ireland to them being delivered was 8 days, GLS are beyond useless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Free to play games no longer require a subscription to play online.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1384884758493106176

About time. Party chat is free now, too

GameStop have the new Xbox wireless headset in stock at the moment for anybody looking

A load of EA games are getting FPS boost.

https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/1385264026888855555

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So I'm onto the next Yakuza game Kiwami 2. God it looks so different and I don't know if I like it!! Combat also feels kind of weird.

Guess ill get used to it but I taught the original engine worked really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

So I'm onto the next Yakuza game Kiwami 2. God it looks so different and I don't know if I like it!! Combat also feels kind of weird.

Guess ill get used to it but I taught the original engine worked really well.

Never played the Yakuza games until a few months ago. Started with Yakuza 0, then Kiwami 1 and Kiwami 2. I was shocked at the change in combat in Kiwami 2 initially but I quickly got used to it and wasn't an issue.

I'm all about the storyline now so recently started Yakuza 3 remastered...such a massive drop in look and feel which I guess is understandable but I'll probably plough ahead regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Never played the Yakuza games until a few months ago. Started with Yakuza 0, then Kiwami 1 and Kiwami 2. I was shocked at the change in combat in Kiwami 2 initially but I quickly got used to it and wasn't an issue.

I'm all about the storyline now so recently started Yakuza 3 remastered...such a massive drop in look and feel which I guess is understandable but I'll probably plough ahead regardless.

Did you find anything about how Kiwami 2 looks a bit off? I dunno it could be just it needs getting used to but I just find something odd about it. I had to lower the brightness in the settings and all as it seemed washed out. There's like a weird fuzzy motion to it at times I dunno ill play more and im sure ill soon get used to it.

So far anyway from playing in the same order as yourself zero is my favorite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Did you find anything about how Kiwami 2 looks a bit off? I dunno it could be just it needs getting used to but I just find something odd about it. I had to lower the brightness in the settings and all as it seemed washed out. There's like a weird fuzzy motion to it at times I dunno ill play more and im sure ill soon get used to it.

So far anyway from playing in the same order as yourself zero is my favorite.

100% 0 is my favourite so far. Poured so many hours into the Cabaret Club side stories, don't seem to have the patience anymore to do that with subsequent games though.

Yeah, I found Kiwami 2 to be ridiculously bright - walking down one of the streets in Kamurocho and it's that really piercing white light. Also think Kiryu looks a bit odd in Kiwami 2 for some reason.

Advertisement