Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Of course it is. I'm not sure I could say the same for other views on here.

Ah you can, I find the batteries thing hilarious tbh, its actually bizarre how people react to it its such a non issue..

fwiw I like the ps5 controller, I hate gyro in any game/ controller and havent liked the speaker in the controller since the ps4.

I think the switch and xbox have analogue stick placement in the perfect place as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have no such problems.

You've been lucky so as they seem common enough. There's a separate thread on the PS Forum and still people posting in the main thread with similar issues.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You've been lucky so as they seem common enough. There's a separate thread on the PS Forum and still people posting in the main thread with similar issues.

I haven't experienced drift with the Switch either. I must be either lucky or treat my controllers with care.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I haven't experienced drift with the Switch either. I must be either lucky or treat my controllers with care.

The triggers breaking have nothing to do with care. The gear is made of plastic and the resistance is causing the damage to that gear.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The triggers breaking have nothing to do with care. The gear is made of plastic and the resistance is causing the damage to that gear.

Sucks to be you.

• Advertisement

I own both consoles.

Compared to the PS5 controller, there's no comparison. The PS5 controller is vastly superior to the cheap XBOX controller.

PS5 controller definitely has more features, but I still prefer the feeling of Xbox controllers.

Charging of the PS5 controller is still a major issue in my house. Kids 'forgetting' to charge the controller, or having to play with the controller plugged in because it died, whereas they are pros at switching out rechargeable batteries in our Xbox controllers in 5 seconds flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

theteal wrote: »
    You might open "batterygate" again with queries like that :D

Just saying. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I own both consoles.

Compared to the PS5 controller, there's no comparison. The PS5 controller is vastly superior to the cheap XBOX controller.

No it's not.

hots wrote: »
    No it's not.

Yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Lads. Seriously.

• Advertisement

Yes it is.

That's that settled then. Is there another thread where this nonsense can be put?

That's that settled then. Is there another thread where this nonsense can be put?

I merely used your logic, in response.

All I did is offer my opinion on a games controller, feel free to disagree with me. Feel free to ignore me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah jaysus, the state of this. I don't really know why I need to say this, but each controller has strengths and weaknesses, and each individual person will have likes and dislikes about each.

If you don't like AA batteries, that's fine and dandy, you are welcome to your opinion on it. If you really hate built in batteries, then guess what? Yes, that's right, you're also entitled to your opinion.

So which one is the correct opinion? Well, it turns out that there's no answer that's right for everyone. Shock horror, I know. It's also unlikely that your personal experience with X, no matter how eloquently put, is going to change the opinion of another person.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, the state of this. I don't really know why I need to say this, but each controller has strengths and weaknesses, and each individual person will have likes and dislikes about each.

If you don't like AA batteries, that's fine and dandy, you are welcome to your opinion on it. If you really hate built in batteries, then guess what? Yes, that's right, you're also entitled to your opinion.

So which one is the correct opinion? Well, it turns out that there's no answer that's right for everyone. Shock horror, I know. It's also unlikely that your personal experience with X, no matter how eloquently put, is going to change the opinion of another person.

Well said. Although that final paragraph could apply to every discussion forum ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Pft, keyboard and mouse for the win you console l0sers.

I merely used your logic, in response.

All I did is offer my opinion on a games controller, feel free to disagree with me. Feel free to ignore me.

ah I was just taking the pss of you saying one was superior to the other, if you just prefer it that's fair enough.

For what it's worth I change mine to behave more like the PS battery anyway, and prefer the xbox in the hands... but this gen it's much of a muchness, they're both great.

ah I was just taking the pss of you saying one was superior to the other, if you just prefer it that's fair enough.

For what it's worth I change mine to behave more like the PS battery anyway, and prefer the xbox in the hands... but this gen it's much of a muchness, they're both great.

The best controller was the friends we made along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Pft, keyboard and mouse for the win you console l0sers.

May you be the sole passenger in a light aircraft trying to land in lashing rain and a 30 knot crosswind with a pilot who's trying to control your soon to be pyrotechnic coffin with a qwerty keyboard and a mouse. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I never even knew there were disadvantages to built in batteries...I've had my ps4 since the beginning and never once felt there was an issue with the controller/battery, I assumed every controller was like this tbh.

I never even knew there were disadvantages to built in batteries...I've had my ps4 since the beginning and never once felt there was an issue with the controller/battery, I assumed every controller was like this tbh.

You probably completely missed the drama surrounding phone manufacturers getting rid of removable batteries in phones as well. Those were the days, fully charged phone in 5 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The new update is rolling out to everyone today, with the stand out feature being the "Quick Resume" group, allowing you to see which games are currently ready to resume.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1392141991727665160

Having tested it the last while, it's a very nice feature.

CatInABox wrote: »
    The new update is rolling out to everyone today, with the stand out feature being the "Quick Resume" group, allowing you to see which games are currently ready to resume.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1392141991727665160

Having tested it the last while, it's a very nice feature.

Does it enable you to turn off quick resume for certain games? Only a few games I play benefit from it, whereas any games like COD, Apex, PUBG etc will try to quick resume before kicking you back out, and sometimes require you to kill the game completely - making it an even slower process than if quick resume wasn't there at all.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Does it enable you to turn off quick resume for certain games? Only a few games I play benefit from it, whereas any games like COD, Apex, PUBG etc will try to quick resume before kicking you back out, and sometimes require you to kill the game completely - making it an even slower process than if quick resume wasn't there at all.

You can knock a game out of quick resume with this update, but I'm not sure if you can set a game to not use it at all.

They're clearly still working on this feature, so maybe in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Li-ion batteries start dying from the minute they are manufactured. Most will have lost 40% of their original capacity after 3 years, and they keep on loosing it at that rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I just love the Shock Blue controller. It's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I just love the Shock Blue controller. It's beautiful.

I think I like that bright green/yellow one more. Thankfully the old xbox controller is compatible so I'll hopefully not need to splash out but it's nice to have interesting options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mossie

A friend of mine has a Brazilian code for a game (Assassins Creed Valhalla), can that be redeemed anywhere using a VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

mossie wrote: »
    A friend of mine has a Brazilian code for a game (Assassins Creed Valhalla), can that be redeemed anywhere using a VPN?

Yeah, it can be redeemed on any account as long as your IP is in the correct country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

Yeah, it can be redeemed on any account as long as your IP is in the correct country.

No easy way get VPN work on series x or ps5 though ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

brady12 wrote: »
    No easy way get VPN work on series x or ps5 though ?

Redeem the code on xbox.com , PS requires a regional account to redeem.

Advertisement