Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

tony1980 wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened me in the first two weeks and then it just suddenly stopped happening as I was about to organise a return. Have had no issues since.

It's been okay for me today so far. See how it holds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone else get a message from MS giving you a €10 gift card code? Got one last night, nice little surprise for the Easter sale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Can I ask do you buy digital games often. I'd say 99% of my games are digital and I never get these voucher codes 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

recyclops wrote: »
    Can I ask do you buy digital games often. I'd say 99% of my games are digital and I never get these voucher codes 😔
    I buy mostly digital and got the 10 euro voucher last night

recyclops wrote: »

I've just switched to an Xbox with the series S so no last gen purchases and the only purchase I have is gamepass and splinter cell chaos theory for €6. So I don't think it's down to past purchases haha

• Advertisement

Finding Game Pass brilliant since I got the Series X.

Played through The Medium enjoyed it reminded me of Silent Hill at times. Tetris is a fun little game to play as well. Played a fair bit of Forza Horizon 4 really like that even bought the expansions been stuck into the Lego one.

Started on Yakuza 0 last night as never played any of them. Really like it so far hopefully get bit more time on it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Is the gears 5 pack the best one to play? I downloaded it and played the tutorial and it looks class but I thought I better ask before I start playing the actual game itself

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Is the gears 5 pack the best one to play? I downloaded it and played the tutorial and it looks class but I thought I better ask before I start playing the actual game itself

Unless you are going to go back and play through the others I think go for it and the Hivebusters dlc if you have it. Maybe play gears 4 as the story will be linked to that but if not then maybe a YouTube catch up on 4 before starting 5

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Finding Game Pass brilliant since I got the Series X.

Played through The Medium enjoyed it reminded me of Silent Hill at times. Tetris is a fun little game to play as well. Played a fair bit of Forza Horizon 4 really like that even bought the expansions been stuck into the Lego one.

Started on Yakuza 0 last night as never played any of them. Really like it so far hopefully get bit more time on it today.

Game Pass is just incredible - outriders on day of release? Yes please. I tried Yakuza but didn't enjoy it, but being able to do that is incredible in itself. The backwards compatibility is great too, I have an Oblivion game on go. So many games I just don't have enough time for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

I’ve been having a funny issue lately where the Apple TV app won’t launch - click on it and the screen goes black for a second or so and then back to the dashboard. I’ve tried the usual power down holding my finger on the button for 10 seconds but it didn’t work. The only way I’ve found to fix it so far is to delete and reinstall - any one else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I'm glad a lot of people are enjoying GamePass, for me though it's mostly meh games and games I already got years ago. Great for new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Play 4 first,its the same story

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I'm glad a lot of people are enjoying GamePass, for me though it's mostly meh games and games I already got years ago. Great for new people.

Ya I haven't had an Xbox since the 360 plus I like having so many games on demand for a set price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

SMC92Ian wrote: »

I really think that's harsh.

There's lots of games on it that I play now that I wouldn't have considered before and I'm really enjoying them.

For example Nier Automata is one I'm playing this weekend and loving it and I would never have discovered it only for Game Pass.

Also, Game Pass is going to ramp up when all the Xbox studios start releasing their games on launch day on the service.

Cheers lads I downloaded the complete Gears 5 pack with the hive busters dlc. I’ll give 4 a go first. Have actually been playing fortnite save the world for a few months now so thought it was time to play a real game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I’m not happy with my Sony xh90 tv for my Xbox anymore it cost me 1400 at the times and I don’t think it’s good enough quality for the price. Does this 4k at 120hz really matter ?

If I were to buy a decent quality 4k 60hz tv instead would it be much different ? Thanks

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I’m not happy with my Sony xh90 tv for my Xbox anymore it cost me 1400 at the times and I don’t think it’s good enough quality for the price. Does this 4k at 120hz really matter ?

If I were to buy a decent quality 4k 60hz tv instead would it be much different ? Thanks

What’s the problem with it?

I really like the tv, the only problem I have with it is either the Xbox or the TV isn’t playing well with my Sonos beam. I get severe lag and crackling so I have to use headphones. It’s pretty annoying.

What’s the problem with it?

It’s jittery when playing warzone, I’ve tried all different settings etc I don’t know what’s going on but when I play on a normal tv it’s perfect

And even watching Netflix on it can kind of see shadows when people move there heads etc any ideas ?

Probes wrote: »
    I really like the tv, the only problem I have with it is either the Xbox or the TV isn’t playing well with my Sonos beam. I get severe lag and crackling so I have to use headphones. It’s pretty annoying.

I’ve no issues with sound. Do you find the Netflix app on the tv works well ?

• Advertisement

I’ve no issues with sound. Do you find the Netflix app on the tv works well ?

Yep, no problems at all with Netflix.

Probes wrote: »
    Yep, no problems at all with Netflix.

Strange. I’ve a feeling mine could be faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

The XBox wireless headset doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere? Anyone know if its difficult to get or restock regularly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭YoshiReturns

The XBox wireless controller doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere? Anyone know if its difficult to get or restock regularly?

You can get them direct from MS or Amazon UK ...might be a fiver cheaper on Amazon at the mo.

Edit ...

Smyths have them too, all colours.

Actually , there are Xbox controllers everywhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

You can get them direct from MS or Amazon UK ...might be a fiver cheaper on Amazon at the mo.

Smyths have them too, all colours.

Actually , there are Xbox controllers everywhere

Doh I meant the headset...sorry its been a long day haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭YoshiReturns

Doh I meant the headset...sorry its been a long day haha

Ok, no worries. I know how you feel. Too much chocolate :) time for bed :):)

It’s jittery when playing warzone, I’ve tried all different settings etc I don’t know what’s going on but when I play on a normal tv it’s perfect

And even watching Netflix on it can kind of see shadows when people move there heads etc any ideas ?

I have 2 settings on my LG Oled that are called motion eye care and true motion and they both sound exactly like you describe. Not sure what the equivalent would be on a Sony though

I have 2 settings on my LG Oled that are called motion eye care and true motion and they both sound exactly like you describe. Not sure what the equivalent would be on a Sony though

Cheers I’ll have a look into that, the strange thing is though it was and just happened all of a sudden and stayed that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Thinking of getting a wrestling game again, can get wwe2k20 cheap enough, I know it got destroyed in reviews just wondering if it has been fixed or is it still a mess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hococop wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a wrestling game again, can get wwe2k20 cheap enough, I know it got destroyed in reviews just wondering if it has been fixed or is it still a mess?

It's still a mess, avoid.

Advertisement