Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

theteal wrote: »
    Bonkers. I look at xbox wireless support as a bad thing (lots of connectivity issues with many different wireless headsets) and it's actually a reason I went for the Arctis 7x over 9x. Battery life doesn't seem great either although they specifically mention running all 3 main features so I'd be interested* to see how they last with just xbox connection. Sound quality from wireless headsets can only go so far and I was hard pushed to drop up to £200 in my search so there is not the faintest chance I'd consider these. Meh I'm sure somebody will though

*very loose term

I don't see the value either. You can get a set of Bose QC35ii for €250, if you get the android cable for the QC25 they can be used as a wired gaming headset.

Neither the ANC or sound quality on the B&O set will be as good as the Sony XM4, widely considered the best wireless ANC headphones on the market and they're still €120 rrp cheaper and can be gotten from Amazon Germany for €300.

Hell if you wanted to you could still get an Arctis 7x headset on top of either of those and still have change out of the €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I don't see the value either. You can get a set of Bose QC35ii for €250, if you get the android cable for the QC25 they can be used as a wired gaming headset.

Neither the ANC or sound quality on the B&O set will be as good as the Sony XM4, widely considered the best wireless ANC headphones on the market and they're still €120 rrp cheaper and can be gotten from Amazon Germany for €300.

Hell if you wanted to you could still get an Arctis 7x headset on top of either of those and still have change out of the €500.

It looks like you can get the XM4s for €287 from amazon UK, great price for them... would they work as an xbox headset though?

*wrong price, amazon was including a gift cert I have with them -_-

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's a limited edition. Some people see that and go crazy, just look at what people pay for those limited edition runners that the companies are putting out now.

B&O also have that "we're the best you can get" reputation amongst the general population, despite it not being true.

hots wrote: »
    It looks like you can get the XM4s for €287 from amazon UK, great price for them... would they work as an xbox headset though?

*wrong price, amazon was including a gift cert I have with them -_-

Should work as a wired headset via the headphone jack. You will need a cable with an in-line mic like the QC25 cable I stated for the Bose headphones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The difference with the alternative headsets mentioned is the sound formats supported? Aside from Xbox's own, do any of the others support Xbox and Atmos/DTS wirelessly?

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    The difference with the alternative headsets mentioned is the sound formats supported? Aside from Xbox's own, do any of the others support Xbox and Atmos/DTS wirelessly?

Pretty sure the 3 wireless Steelseries headsets, the Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox, 7x and 9x all support Atmos as long as you buy the app.

Pretty sure the 3 wireless Steelseries headsets, the Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox, 7x and 9x all support Atmos as long as you buy the app.

When I was on the look out I was sure that while they support Atmos, it's with Windows, and not wirelessly on the Xbox. It can be hard to figure out with many of them as while some advertise they support Atmos/surround etc, fine print often has something clarifying that it's not supported on all systems.

Should work as a wired headset via the headphone jack. You will need a cable with an in-line mic like the QC25 cable I stated for the Bose headphones though.

Would this just be any 2.5>3.5 cable with a mic in it? Very tempted on a splurge

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have the 7x, Atmos is enabled from the Xbox.

maximoose wrote: »
    I have the 7x, Atmos is enabled from the Xbox.

You need to use the dongle with everything though don't you? Not so much an issue if it's just for gaming but if you're looking for an all rounder it will rule it out.

I was going to get a steelseries myself a few months ago but at the time there were none to be had anywhere, and since then I've changed my requirements a bit.

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    Would this just be any 2.5>3.5 cable with a mic in it? Very tempted on a splurge

Should do the job, just make sure it states Android compatibility, the poles are different for iOS.

More familiar with the Bose though and can confirm the QC25 Android cable works.

You need to use the dongle with everything though don't you? Not so much an issue if it's just for gaming but if you're looking for an all rounder it will rule it out.

Yeah you do, I only use mine with the Xbox and PS5 so suits me fine but if you want more than that not ideal yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I was going to get a steelseries myself a few months ago but at the time there were none to be had anywhere, and since then I've changed my requirements a bit.

Yes, dongle for wireless. There is a bundled 3.5mm jack cable that I leave plugged into work laptop (it also doesn't drain battery when connected via this). There were stock issues around January into Feb iirc, I think I got lucky with a HUKD alert that informed me they were back in. Very happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

How de ye find the 7x's? Would ye recommend?

Only ever seen them for sale directly from Steelseries.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7x

Check google and you should easily find a bunch of 12% off affiliate codes from various streamers. Use the code for one you can tolerate, should bring it down to just below €160.

I have the original Arctis 7 headset, which is 100% identical except for the dongle, that I use on PS5 and they are fantastic. They are extremely comfortable and don't pinch your head or overheat your ears at all with prolonged use.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have any of yas had problems with RT or LT getting sticky? Noticed last night after playing a lot of Forza that the right trigger is sticking seems to be a thing for a lot of people. Might open it up later give it a clean.

So my first set of batteries ran out on my Series X controller. Any recommendations for battery packs that deliver to Ireland?

So my first set of batteries ran out on my Series X controller. Any recommendations for battery packs that deliver to Ireland?

Go to Dunnes or Tesco and get a set of Duracell rechargables and a charger.

Eneloops are the best and Ikea Laddas are also great.

Yeah I'm very happy with them - comfortable, good build quality and very happy with the audio for the price. Battery life very decent too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Have any of yas had problems with RT or LT getting sticky? Noticed last night after playing a lot of Forza that the right trigger is sticking seems to be a thing for a lot of people. Might open it up later give it a clean.

Yes, it seems to be a somewhat common problem. A pad on the inside has come loose and moved, and a part of your trigger is now pressing into the glue that was beneath it, causing it to stick. At least, that's according to the reports online.

Mine went away on it's own, thankfully, but I'm sure that there's youtube videos on how to sort it.

• Advertisement

I returned my controller and got a new one in a few days, have hardly played since to test it but looks brand new and good service.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yes, it seems to be a somewhat common problem. A pad on the inside has come loose and moved, and a part of your trigger is now pressing into the glue that was beneath it, causing it to stick. At least, that's according to the reports online.

Mine went away on it's own, thankfully, but I'm sure that there's youtube videos on how to sort it.

Yea I seen a few last night ill give it a look if it continues to annoy me. Looks a simple enough fix but shouldn't have to be doing it after about a week of having the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Any headphones work with Atmos if you buy the app.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Any headphones work with Atmos if you buy the app.

Which app out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Is it worth it?

Some people swear by it. I've read that it's very game dependent and for the likes of Warzone you're better off with Windows Sonic which is free. Theres a free trial of both Atmos and DTS, have a bash yourself.

It's a virtual implementation though isn't it, do the fancier ones, like those that do 5.1/7.1 have a physical implementation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Yea I seen a few last night ill give it a look if it continues to annoy me. Looks a simple enough fix but shouldn't have to be doing it after about a week of having the machine.

Exact same thing happened me in the first two weeks and then it just suddenly stopped happening as I was about to organise a return. Have had no issues since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Exact same thing happened me in the first two weeks and then it just suddenly stopped happening as I was about to organise a return. Have had no issues since.

Advertisement