Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Has anyone had any luck picking up the xbox wireless headset? I've been keeping an eye out since it came out and no stock anywhere.
    They must not have manufactured many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Has anyone had any luck picking up the xbox wireless headset? I've been keeping an eye out since it came out and no stock anywhere. They must not have manufactured many of them.

There was a restock about a month ago and I got one. Hopefully they will be restocked again soon. Its a good headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Has anyone had any luck picking up the xbox wireless headset? I've been keeping an eye out since it came out and no stock anywhere.

They were available handily enough on the MS website a few days last week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

There was a restock about a month ago and I got one. Hopefully they will be restocked again soon. Its a good headset.

Must have missed them. Oh well I'll pick one up when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Must have missed them. Oh well I'll pick one up when I can.

Keep an eye on Amazon too, I got mine on amazon.de recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I got my headset from GameStop about 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Can be ordered on HN and avail 24/05

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I don't need a new headset but I'm tempted to get the new wireless one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Blanchy90 wrote: »

I got them about a month ago and love them. For me they make a huge difference in shooters, even just to add atmosphere like in battlefield because there is so much going on all around you.
    Also use them for music/podcasts etc and find them great, I'm no audiophile by any stretch so I'm sure there are better options for a bit more in terms of cost but for €100 I think these are money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i got one from currys, best headset i have ever owned and i have owned a50s arctis 9x etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Blanchy90 wrote: »

Currently in stock on Gamestop if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

i got one from currys, best headset i have ever owned and i have owned a50s arctis 9x etc

I’ve got it, the 9x and an a40. In my opinion the wireless headset is ok, it’s nothing special but it does a job and is worth the money. The 9x is a way better headset in terms of comfort and sound quality. I never really liked the A40s too much to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I'm currently using a pair of hyper X cloud(I think) from a few years ago that are pretty good, I'll have to try find a comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dazzlersaviola

Nolimits wrote: »
    Currently in stock on Gamestop if you're interested

Thank you!!!! I had been searching across several sites today and they were not in stock last night

Have had the wireless headset for a couple of months. Although they're probably my favourite of the 3 I own (all sub-€100 headsets), it still has a few issues.

Pros:
    - Sound is generally good
    - Decent comfort
    - It's great being able to connect to Xbox and laptop at the same time
    - Passive noise cancelling is very good, blocks out noise around me a lot better than my other headsets.
    - Controls knobs are great.
    - Battery life is decent, makes it through a full day of gaming and working from home without any issues.

Cons:
    - Mic isn't great. All of my Xbox buddies commented in the change in my voice when switching. Now one of my mates has the headset, and I can see what they mean. We can all now hear his analogue sticks whacking off the surround, which we could never hear before.
    - Bass is way too strong, had to turn it right down in the equalizer.
    - Every time I turn on the headset, it turns on my Xbox....even if I'm only using it for my laptop. Also, if my Xbox goes to sleep and then I turn it back on when I want to have a game, I have to turn the headset off and then back on to connect.
    - Notifications coming through on my laptop will reduce game sound (probably not a bug, but can be annoying if I want to hear a notification, but don't want my game to keep going quiet).
    - The light to say the mic is on always seems to be just outside my field of vision. A slightly longer mic boom would solve this.

Overall, I really like them. Most of the negatives are minor gripes more than anything. For me, having the one headset for working from home and gaming far outweighs any negatives. If I was looking for a pure gaming headset, and didn't need to worry about connecting to a laptop for work, I'd probably go for something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Hurrache wrote: »
    They were available handily enough on the MS website a few days last week anyway.

Was this the IE site?

I've been looking every single day since Thursday 25th March.
    The tab is open on my browser.
    I refresh it all the time and have never once seen it in stock :(

Yes I forgot about that, I had to make some serious configurations to the equaliser in order to make the Xbox headset sound decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Probes wrote: »
    Yes I forgot about that, I had to make some serious configurations to the equaliser in order to make the Xbox headset sound decent.

What are your equaliser settings now? I’m going to try the settings tech radar have in their article from 2 weeks ago

What are your equaliser settings now? I’m going to try the settings tech radar have in their article from 2 weeks ago

I just looked and I’ve reduced 125hz by 2.5 notches, 250hz by 1.5nand I’ve boosted 4khz by 0.5 of a notch. I’ve turned off bass boost. I have some slight hearing damage after years of working with music so my settings may not be that useful to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭ozmo

Someone here told me it's because the US military use the controllers to fly drones and rechargeable batteries would be too much hassle.

Seems like a legit reason...

I read the two batteries included in the box are donated by duracell to microsoft for free - when you ship a few million units saving a euro each is a fair amount.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/318995-microsoft-denies-cutting-secret-deal-with-duracell-over-xbox-controllers

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone here sold a Series X to CEX or know anywhere better to sell one?

Have it since launch but hasn't been used much at all and I managed to get a 6800 a few weeks back so cant see it getting a whole lot of use now.

xtal191 wrote: »

Have it since launch but hasn't been used much at all and I managed to get a 6800 a few weeks back so cant see it getting a whole lot of use now.

You can sell it on done deal. I don’t know much about that site but I sold my series s there.

Are you in Dublin? I've a buddy looking for one, I could ask him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Are you in Dublin? I've a buddy looking for one, I could ask him.

Yeah I put it up on Adverts, will probably just bring it to CEX tomorrow though since I'll get 525

That Xbox Wireless Headset is in stock right now on IE site!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-wireless-headset/8z1dcql8z512

I was finally able to get one! :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    That Xbox Wireless Headset is in stock right now on IE site!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-wireless-headset/8z1dcql8z512

I was finally able to get one! :D

Did anyone buy the headset on the back of this message last week?
    And if so, did you get your order yet?

Mine's still pending :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Did anyone buy the headset on the back of this message last week?
    And if so, did you get your order yet?

Mine's still pending :(

Nothing. MS seem to be all over the place lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Yeah I put it up on Adverts, will probably just bring it to CEX tomorrow though since I'll get 525

Why would they pay more when you can walk into Smyths and get one off the shelf for €500...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Why would they pay more when you can walk into Smyths and get one off the shelf for €500...

Usually because it's still in demand, in many places. It won't stay at 525 much longer, there will probably a big drop in that price soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Are they really readily available now?
    MS site still has nothing.

This suggests not

Advertisement