Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

100% 0 is my favourite so far. Poured so many hours into the Cabaret Club side stories, don't seem to have the patience anymore to do that with subsequent games though.

Yeah, I found Kiwami 2 to be ridiculously bright - walking down one of the streets in Kamurocho and it's that really piercing white light. Also think Kiryu looks a bit odd in Kiwami 2 for some reason.

Yep!! His mouth and teeth look weird every time he talks haha.

To be honest when any characters talk they look a bit odd.

Ya, I really enjoy the side missions in zero didn't really bother with them after that in following games so far. To be honest one of my biggest issues was what they did with Goro after Zero!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Gave gears 4 a go and wasn’t a big fan but gears 5 is a massive improvement with the storyline and gameplay. Little fella was going mad to try it and I realised you can turn off the gore and curses and stuff so it’s no worse than fortnite now and he’s loving it especially with being able to buy iron and get new skins and whatever else kids are into nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Have had the new Xbox Wireless Headset for a week or so now and it's fantastic but my god who thought that turning on the headphones should also turn on the Xbox was a good idea. I'm using them for music while I WFH so my xbox is turning on all bloody day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Have had the new Xbox Wireless Headset for a week or so now and it's fantastic but my god who thought that turning on the headphones should also turn on the Xbox was a good idea. I'm using them for music while I WFH so my xbox is turning on all bloody day.

I have mine for about 4 or 5 days and really like them so far, but would have the same compliant. I think it's a stupid feature, especially seeing as there is no option to change the setting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I have mine for about 4 or 5 days and really like them so far, but would have the same compliant. I think it's a stupid feature, especially seeing as there is no option to change the setting

I thought I read somewhere that it would be fixed with a patch..or maybe it was someone writing they hoped it would be fixed with a patch. They should give us the option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Anybody problems with sky go app can see the channels on the small screen but when choose one and go full screen have no picture only sound

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

gotthebug wrote: »
    Anybody problems with sky go app can see the channels on the small screen but when choose one and go full screen have no picture only sound

Try a hard reset of Xbox or reinstall the Sky Go App.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Has any dedicated folk ever compiled a list of what games run at 60fps? Any obscure website out there?

I know there are common lists of the enhanced versions but these don't include the games that originally run at the higher frames. It would be great if the info was included in the game info screens even.

Started Remnant recently. I just can't do 30 any more...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Has any dedicated folk ever compiled a list of what games run at 60fps? Any obscure website out there?

I know there are common lists of the enhanced versions but these don't include the games that originally run at the higher frames. It would be great if the info was included in the game info screens even.

Started Remnant recently. I just can't do 30 any more...

Pretty sure I saw one out there, no idea where though.

Speaking of framerates, rumours abound of 70+ games getting FPS boost soon. That'd be nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CatInABox wrote: »
    Pretty sure I saw one out there, no idea where though.

Speaking of framerates, rumours abound of 70+ games getting FPS boost soon. That'd be nice.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1389248724686098432

Released now, with some great games in there. AC: Unity, Alien Isolation, Mad Max, Mankind Divided, Yakuza 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Anyone ever get a little strip of random colours across the bottom of their screen while playing xbox? It happened me there while in the main menu of a game and was still there when I went to home ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Anyone ever get a little strip of random colours across the bottom of their screen while playing xbox? It happened me there while in the main menu of a game and was still there when I went to home ?

Is it linked to Alexa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Maybe someone can help me out...I just received my series x and wondering whats the best way to go regarding charging? It came with two disposable batteries but I don't want to be buying new batteries all the time.

This is my first Xbox and I assumed it would charge the same way the ps4 did...

Maybe someone can help me out...I just received my series x and wondering whats the best way to go regarding charging? It came with two disposable batteries but I don't want to be buying new batteries all the time.

You might open "batterygate" again with queries like that :D

I, like a lot in here, go with large capacity rechargeable batteries. Eneloop are the standard bearer but I'm becoming more convinced that Ikea's Ladda batteries are just a rebrand and a lot cheaper than the Panasonic premium brand.

We've a busy house with kids toys, toothbrushes, controllers etc. so I went for this and a bunch of these. There are always a couple in the charger ready to go so it's a quick swap out when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

I have had energizer ones from my xbox one, one x and now series X they often go on sale on amazon currently the ones I have are at 45 euro as they give a full charge in less than an hour, thats the charger and 4 batteries.

If time doesnt matter for charge these are currently half price for prime users

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energizer-Battery-Batteries-Rechargeable-Included-Black/dp/B00RZD32EG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1DPBFVL473Q2T&dchild=1&keywords=energizer+rechargeable+batteries&qid=1620721376&sprefix=energizer%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-3

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

theteal wrote: »
    You might open "batterygate" again with queries like that :D

I, like a lot in here, go with large capacity rechargeable batteries. Eneloop are the standard bearer but I'm becoming more convinced that Ikea's Ladda batteries are just a rebrand and a lot cheaper than the Panasonic premium brand.

We've a busy house with kids toys, toothbrushes, controllers etc. so I went for this and a bunch of these. There are always a couple in the charger ready to go so it's a quick swap out when needed.

I was looking at the venom rechargeable docking station on amazon, you no anything about that?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Venom-Charging-Rechargeable-Battery-Packs/dp/B08K9WQ849/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=xbox+series+x+charger&qid=1620721312&sr=8-3

Sorry man, not a clue. I'm sure there'll be plenty here that will. As a family we were flying through batteries so stocking up on the Laddas seemed like a good opportunity to cover all bases. Also I'm not a fan of charging packs that will eventually degrade over time.

recyclops wrote: »
    I have had energizer ones from my xbox one, one x and now series X they often go on sale on amazon currently the ones I have are at 45 euro as they give a full charge in less than an hour, thats the charger and 4 batteries.

If time doesnt matter for charge these are currently half price for prime users

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energizer-Battery-Batteries-Rechargeable-Included-Black/dp/B00RZD32EG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1DPBFVL473Q2T&dchild=1&keywords=energizer+rechargeable+batteries&qid=1620721376&sprefix=energizer%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-3

This. Great deal. The Ikeas are great but if you're not close to a shop, delivery is a joke.

Ive had packs like that before and they were not worth the hassle in the end tbh, my venom require mission impossible still precision to get the things to charge and if someone even farted in the room it would stop charging :(

IMO a pair of batteries is much better than a back that goes into the controller

You have to buy rechargeable batteries, unfortunately because it's still the 1990s in Xbox land.

• Advertisement

You have to buy rechargeable batteries, unfortunately because it's still the 1990s in Xbox land.

This is my first xbox and I wouldn't of imagined in a million years that you'd need batteries for a controller in 2021...

It's not something you'd even look up or research I thought it was that obvious, wonder why it's designed like that?

its pandoras box here though I would probably say MS done more than enough research.

my own opinion is its the best solution ( switch, xbox and playstation owner) its stops controller batteries degrading and having had the same batteries for a fair few years its a no brainer as all i do is replace batteries if any issues and not a controller.

Finding a wire long enough to charge while gaming is really annoying on the playstation, switch is fine as it docks itself.

This is my first xbox and I wouldn't of imagined in a million years that you'd need batteries for a controller in 2021...

It's not something you'd even look up or research I thought it was that obvious, wonder why it's designed like that?

Someone here told me it's because the US military use the controllers to fly drones and rechargeable batteries would be too much hassle.

Seems like a legit reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I prefer the battery pack and recharge option, splashed out on the microsoft official pack and it does the job, the AAs are more efficient for sure, but the flaff of taking them out is too annoying for me... the battery pack recharges through usb-c, and I always have a charger beside me for the phone anyway so it effectively becomes 'wired' when it runs low. It's the Sony experience plus if the charge ever goes too **** you can replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

All wireless controllers have batteries.

It's been argued to death, but the Xbox implementation is better in several ways compared to the PS one.

I own both consoles.

Compared to the PS5 controller, there's no comparison. The PS5 controller is vastly superior to the cheap XBOX controller.

I own both consoles.

Compared to the PS5 controller, there's no comparison. The PS5 controller is vastly superior to the cheap XBOX controller.

tenor.gif

recyclops wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Of course it is. I'm not sure I could say the same for other views on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I own both consoles.

The PS5 controller also seems to have more flaws.

Loads of issues with the adaptive triggers breaking and buttons getting stuck/not registering.

The R2 on my controller is gone really loose so I'd say it on the way out. Square also doesn't register everytime but maybe I'm just not pressing hard enough.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The PS5 controller also seems to have more flaws.

Loads of issues with the adaptive triggers breaking and buttons getting stuck/not registering.

The R2 on my controller is gone really loose so I'd say it on the way out. Square also doesn't register everytime but maybe I'm just not pressing hard enough.

I have no such problems.

Advertisement