Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Datadiscs sent an email today about their next pre-order going up on Saturday for DATA017 POLICENAUTS.

I've the full set so far of all limited edition 2 tone and can't stop collecting them now... wish I never started. datadiscs and amiibo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Does anyone know if they restock often? I'd like to get SoR2 if it comes up again. The Rage said they'd be getting OutRun, it's sold out but I wonder if Data Discs are planning a restock soon?

I see Shenmue and Shinobi were restocked in the beginning of July. I've followed them on Twitter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Policenauts double vinyl coming out this Saturday as well on data discs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

If I admit to having never played Policenauts... am I banned from the group?

Datadiscs sent an email today about their next pre-order going up on Saturday for DATA017 POLICENAUTS.

I've the full set so far of all limited edition 2 tone and can't stop collecting them now... wish I never started. datadiscs and amiibo :D

You just wait until they announce amiibo compatible records... then yer fecked!

• Advertisement

I've almost a full set. Missing 3 I think. Not all mine are the limited edition ones though.

The whole game soundtrack on vinyl thing has really taken off. I've missed out on a lot of ones I would have liked to gotten. There's so many companies making them its hard to keep up with the all

I've almost a full set. Missing 3 I think. Not all mine are the limited edition ones though.

The whole game soundtrack on vinyl thing has really taken off. I've missed out on a lot of ones I would have liked to gotten. There's so many companies making them its hard to keep up with the all

Yeah... I'd really like the Street Fighter 2 one that came out a few years ago but it goes for silly prices now.

Sellers on Discogs want well over €130 for it for example.

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,483 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Argh I don't have a single one of these but know the moment I buy one I'll have to have them all.

And then I'll easily be able to justify having to buy a high end turntable for my hifi.

Slippery slope!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Argh I don't have a single one of these but know the moment I buy one I'll have to have them all.

And then I'll easily be able to justify having to buy a high end turntable for my hifi.

Slippery slope!

You could just do what I did... find some eejit on adverts.ie that's managed to damage their direct drive turntable and offer to buy it on the cheap.

With replacement parts of whatever is broken it shouldn't set you back too much.

With replacement parts, preamp and the actual unit myself I have a pretty decent setup not that cost me less than €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭Inviere

MrVestek wrote: »
    including the USS Defiant shaped CD player

Tough little cd player...
    MrVestek wrote: »
    If I admit to having never played Policenauts... am I banned from the group?

Same. I’ve threatened to sit down and start it every year now for years. I’m a HUGE Snatcher fan so shame on me :o

Slippery slope!

Exactly. I’m staying well away from these :D

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »
    Exactly. I’m staying well away from these :D

Joooiiinnnn uuuuussssss....

So... I know that's a quip and all but she actually is!

The thing came mint in the box but they saw fit to leave batteries in them back in the day.

The CD player was ruined to the point that the seller almost refused to sell it to me. I was convinced I could get her working though... and working I did.

It still involved hours of me scrubbing the motherboard to get rid of the traces of rot that came from the batteries but it was worth it as she's working a treat now.

So yeah... tough little ship! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Called into RAGE and got some nice bits,
    Wip3out for the PS, the upgraded Japanese version.
    Star Control for the MD.
    Exhaust Heat 2 for the Super Famicom.
    Vampire Hunter for the Japanese Saturn.
    And XDR for the Japanese MD.
    All for €35.
    Not too shabby

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Called into RAGE and got some nice bits,
    Wip3out for the PS, the upgraded Japanese version.
    Star Control for the MD.
    Exhaust Heat 2 for the Super Famicom.
    Vampire Hunter for the Japanese Saturn.
    And XDR for the Japanese MD.
    All for €35.
    Not too shabby

To be fair to The RAGE their pricing seems to have really improved over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Few bits from this week.

x2 MVS MV1FZ as I got a good deal on them. They need a good clean and Unibios install, but both work fine.
    vOfAZuU.jpg

New old stock controllers for Xbox and CDTV.
    BUxEq3C.jpg

I've also been making a few lithophanes for other people, so decided to make some gaming related ones for myself(normally I'll do regular photos).

Doesnt look like much.
    2xaqMbD.jpg

But backlight them and its quite nice. This one is 200mm long.
    M8Riiyj.jpg

UF8xsAu.jpg

w0NnShi.jpg

Normal photos usually come out more detailed, but I just wanted to try something different. Regular photo litho below.

2w4C9V8.jpg

aQVgQ0w.jpg

You could make some cool lights out of them. Small case behind them and a led strip

You could make some cool lights out of them. Small case behind them and a led strip

Yeah, I've the designs for a few different litho boxes. Just getting the time to make them is the problem :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've a birthday coming up for someone, one of those would be perfect.
    So you take orders?
    I mean, not "Invade Poland" kind of orders... the other kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Few bits from this week.

x2 MVS MV1FZ as I got a good deal on them. They need a good clean and Unibios install, but both work fine.
    vOfAZuU.jpg

Nice work, was looking at them recently too. Ebay? Yahoo Auctions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Don't forgot to remove the battery on them as well.

Awww, he deleted it before I could ban his ass.....

1685009-banhammer.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Awww, he deleted it before I could ban his ass.....

1685009-banhammer.jpg

I did, couldn't risk a ban before the next beers.:D

I did, couldn't risk a ban before the next beers.:D

Don't let it stop you, never stopped anyone else!

Wait what did I miss?!

I've a birthday coming up for someone, one of those would be perfect.
    So you take orders?
    I mean, not "Invade Poland" kind of orders... the other kind.

I'm sure we can sort something out. Takes about 10 hours to print a high quality one.
    eddhorse wrote: »
    Nice work, was looking at them recently too. Ebay? Yahoo Auctions?

Seller on Arcade Otaku had some. Think they are all sold out now.
    Don't forgot to remove the battery on them as well.

Didn't realise the watch style battery had to be removed on these. Is it prone to leaking?

Couple of more arcade artwork lithophanes(both 200mm long).
    I like the Gravitar, but the Outrun needs work(SEGA logo and the colour transition on the car)

26o36CD.jpg

3wOJRr4.jpg

5nD12lO.jpg

dNNUm1u.jpg

Master of the Universe

Steve X2 wrote: »

Didn't realise the watch style battery had to be removed on these. Is it prone to leaking?

Theyre CR2032's alright, have always been on my MVS boards. I don't remove them. Most of them actually still worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

They are rechargeable batteries and very prone to leaking unfortunately, the majority of dead MVS boards can be attributed to battery rot and SRAM failures I reckon.

You can replace them with Cr2032 coin cells (with holders) but the recharge circuit needs to be disabled, useful guides here

Master of the Universe

They are rechargeable batteries and very prone to leaking unfortunately, the majority of dead MVS boards can be attributed to battery rot and SRAM failures I reckon.

You can replace them with Cr2032 coin cells (with holders) but the recharge circuit needs to be disabled, useful guides here

No way! Consider that my thing learned for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

No way! Consider that my thing learned for today.

I've the same board, mmmonkey has a guide for the MV-1FZ here.

• Advertisement

n2FqgUu.jpg

Charity shop pickups from yesterday, all this for €20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement