Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the etiquette here??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Don’t mean to be mansplaining or anything, but I’d suggest you return the balloon knot and overall valley of death to a state of relative cleanliness before you decide to slip into a radox bath to listen to some tunes and sip on a glass of Chateau Topaz.

More likely to be Lidl own brand bubble bath and a pint of Devil's Bit, John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

More likely to be Lidl own brand bubble bath and a pint of Devil's Bit, John.

It sounds like your general anal area requires some deep cleaning, you seem to be rather irritated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Ladies do sh*ts too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ladies do sh*ts too?

Yes, but only in luxurious bubble baths.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Yes, but only in luxurious bubble baths.

And fart perfume for the day afterwards.

Wikipedia article on Japanese toilets makes for surprisingly interesting reading.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilets_in_Japan
    Hopefully of some interest whilst on the throne.
    This crowd are selling them here in Ireland, no prices on the website though a Google search suggests they range from €6,000 to €12,000.
    https://versatilebathrooms.ie/toilets/toto
    If I ever get lucky on the lotto I'll get a Toto neorest before the fancy car etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Wikipedia article on Japanese toilets makes for surprisingly interesting reading.
    This crowd are selling them here in Ireland, no prices on the website though a Google search suggests they range from €6,000 to €12,000.
    If I ever get lucky on the lotto I'll get a Toto neorest before the fancy car etc.

I can see Toto struggling badly dealing with the material (a euphemism I know) in this thread. While the Tornado flush sounds good on inspection it reads like an entry level response; but the auto close seat feature is a real worry. It senses when you have left the area allegedly. Given the strength and persistence of the contributions made here I think Toto wouldn't know if it was coming or going. I can see tragedy looming with a wildly flapping seat lid. Toto may be big in Japan but I think I'll hold the line with the old reliable Shanks.

Andreas77 wrote: »
    A very fine machine, but a word for the wise, some anuses were damaged by electronic bidet systems due to high force of water (anal resting pressure), another was scalded by such a system

This would be a real fear for me. Does a “system” that sophisticated come with the most advanced security?

I don’t fancy having my toilet “hacked” by the Russians, or some other rogue agent.

The idea of having them “lock on” target my hoop like the pilots of some sort of MiG-29 boiling water cannon while stealing my DNA or, at the very least, selling on my dietary details to “Big Data” is a chilling, and all too real, prospect.

We live in dangerous times. I would advise that, for the moment, the safest way to shít is to do it the old fashioned way. Analog, if you will.

And privately.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

The Russians can't possibly track this system.

mzl.mizvgrhh.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,901 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I heard everything and I find the whole encounter awkward is all. It crossed my mind to fire him to be honest.

This would lead to fascinating hearings in the Labour Court OP.

Go for it.

• Advertisement

A TOTO Washlet™ offers the following functionality:
    • Wand jet with up to five different types of spray, with individually adjustable water temperature and pressure
    • Heated seat for a comfortable temperature
    • Dryer with warm air for comfortable drying
    • Filter system to prevent unpleasant odours
    • Remote control with easy-to-use functions
    Sign me up! A f*cking pong-filter and a remote control!

That video on the wiki link is both fascinating and disturbing. Well worth repeated viewings.

• Wand jet with up to five different types of spray, with individually adjustable water temperature and pressure

That video on the wiki link is both fascinating and disturbing. Well worth repeated viewings.
    Also of note are the sound systems to cover up the noise of "movements". Bound to be of use when you are dropping ordnance.
    What a time to be alive, the future is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    I will be surprised if the next iteration of these machines doesn’t come with a HUD. In these water conscious times trial and error with the flow and aim might seem extravagant. A rear view camera in 4K of course with a HUD could minimize wastage. Electronic seat memory and a reclining back could mean complete domination of the market. I can’t see these fitting in the traps at work; probably only at senior executive level. Too bad.

And there will be a scandal as some perverted engineer (probably German) will put a hack into the system to upload the 4K quality videos of arseholes expulsing midden to some depraved reddit sub forum ...

So the water completely cleans the sherif's badge ?
    No paper required at all ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I would advise that, for the moment, the safest way to shít is to do it the old fashioned way...

in a Tupperware tub and bring it to work.

An interesting thought, somewhat clarified in Nialler's link
    The washlet can replace toilet paper completely, but many users opt to use both wash and paper in combination—although use of paper may be omitted for cleaning of the vulva. Some wipe before washing, some wash before wiping, some wash only, and some wipe only—each according to his/her preference. Another frequent feature is a blow dryer, often adjustable between 40 °C and 60 °C, used to dry the washed areas.[15]

Nope, full wash and dry service. Surely the environmentalists would be in favour of these developments. How many rainforests are chopped down to clean our hoops?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The Toto features an ‘unpleasant odour’ button which dispenses a rather pungent and chemical smelling fragrance to mask the foul and beastly smell of toxic arse gravy. It also features a modesty button which when pressed plays a piece of audio that sounds like a toilet flushing. This means you can drop your guts in peace, knowing that the dude in the next cubicle can’t hear you drop the anchor in Brown Water Bay.

Some of the earlier generations got too clever and attempted to use sensors to find your sheriff’s badge so they could start shouting tepid water at it to assist in cleanup operations. Wasn’t hugely accurate and if you stood up quickly from the seat then a thin jet of water would shoot out of the toilet and onto your comfort fit chinos. Not great.

The new ones feature a ‘joystick’ which allows the pooper to control the velocity, temperature and angle of the water stream used to return the balloon knot to ISO standards.

Slightly disturbing
    Washlet Syndrome

The repetitive use of a "type water jet on a high-pressure setting for an enema, can weaken the capability for self-evacuation of the Washlet user, which can lead to more serious constipation."[23] If a Washlet high-pressure water jet is used on the anus repeatedly, it may cause excessive cleanliness, prompting other bacteria to adhere around the anus, causing skin disease (inflammation) around the anus. Some proctologists in Japan have named this "Washlet Syndrome" (ウォシュレット症候群 woshuretto shoukougun) or "Warm-water toilet seat Syndrome" (温水便座症候群 on-sui ben-za shoukougun). [24][25]

• Advertisement

If proctologists weren't so lazy, they would get to work on finding a cure for this 'excessive cleanliness'.

Freeze it first ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

The new ones feature a ‘joystick’ which allows the pooper to control the velocity, temperature and angle of the water stream used to return the balloon knot to ISO standards.

Like a game of Space Invaders for your hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I thought this thread had lost its way for a while but the discussion of these Japanese Buck Rogers jaxes has brought it back to top shelf. Good works lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

And there will be a scandal as some perverted engineer (probably German) will put a hack into the system to upload the 4K quality videos of arseholes expulsing midden to some depraved reddit sub forum ...

Thank you Hector for that security conscious post. It hadn’t crossed my mind that such would be possible but the image of that German engineer would lead to many uneasy sittings. The h is silent. Now that we have to consider hackers the thought of bloggers or vloggers also springs to mind. I shudder to think in the Instagram era what aesthetic the leading influencers of the day might promote.

:D !
    He wasn't here for long, but surely his posts will be looked back by the historians as the most legendary on the thread!

• Advertisement

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    Thank you Hector for that security conscious post. It hadn’t crossed my mind that such would be possible but the image of that German engineer would lead to many uneasy sittings. The h is silent. Now that we have to consider hackers the thought of bloggers or vloggers also springs to mind. I shudder to think in the Instagram era what aesthetic the leading influencers of the day might promote.

Scary world, as allready mentioned, nothing beats the aul heavty armitage shanks .

Beasts, could take a load from a 200KG 6ft2in Kerry farmer after drinking 17 pints of guinness and having a sunday carvery roast.

Not even the hint of a need to call a plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

To be fair, they'd have discarded most of it in a ditch somewhere before they got home Hector. Seconds would be reserved for the Armitage Shanks.

Scary world, as allready mentioned, nothing beats the aul heavty armitage shanks .

Beasts, could take a load from a 200KG 6ft2in Kerry farmer after drinking 17 pints of guinness and having a sunday carvery roast.

Not even the hint of a need to call a plumber
    Calling a plumber to unblock a toilet?

Never had you down as a snowflake, Hector.

Calling a plumber to unblock a toilet?

Never had you down as a snowflake, Hector.

Caustic soda and a sewer rod will clear all but the most extraordinary of blockages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

An interesting thought, somewhat clarified in Nialler's link

Like the time I came into the changing rooms in the Golf Club to be confronted with a ‘wall eye and two whey coloured billiard balls hanging below it.

There was an auld lad,definitely over 65 bent over and working the wall mounted hair dryer around his cluster,and bilge pipe, not a bother on him.

Was very close to running the handle of a fat grip putter up his hole, the filthy kernt.

Following day I while on my own, I smashed the hair dryer with a rescue club, claimed I was taking a practice swing, paid for it to be replaced with a new unit to get the memory out of my mind.

:mad:

• Advertisement

Like the time I came into the changing rooms in the Golf Club to be confronted with a ‘wall eye and two whey coloured billiard balls hanging below it.

There was an auld lad,definitely over 65 bent over and working the wall mounted hair dryer around his cluster,and bilge pipe, not a bother on him.

Was very close to running the handle of a fat grip putter up his hole, the filthy kernt.

Following day I while on my own, I smashed the hair dryer with a rescue club, claimed I was taking a practice swing, paid for it to be replaced with a new unit to get the memory out of my mind.

f*cking disgusting!
    Drying his oul balloon knot with specks of dried drittle falling into it - do some people have no shame ..

f*cking disgusting!
    Drying his oul balloon knot with specks of dried drittle falling into it - do some people have no shame ..

More than disgusting,Hector, fcuker was running the device up close to his hoop and the frikken nutpurse was red as a turkeys wattles from the hot air.

How one could put that unit close to ones head after seeing that was for me a point of no return.

Hence my response as outlined earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Do you know me H??

It has to be said, that's the sort of pervert you'll find in a golf club.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

A pervert would have had the one eyed trouser monster launched in there, this fellow was overdoing it drying his hoop. Two very different things TBF. #notapervert.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Avadacov

You all have no idea how much better this thread has made me feel. As a long time sufferer of IBS, I’m so glad I’m not alone in these ‘sticky’ situations when caught short! I was pointed in the direction of this thread by a fellow poster, after telling them about a recent week-long sh**fest in Las Vegas, which I may post in time.

One of my more memorable encounters is as follows. A while back, I was invited by a friend to an event in Dartmouth Square. The event was for climate change/how to change the world etc. My friend being vegetarian, wanted to go as there would be healthy food stalls and all that jazz. Myself being a carnivore, I couldn’t particularly be a*$ed, but I was hungry so went along for a look. I started the afternoon with an iced coffee, followed by a leisurely stroll and yoga in the park. (Don't judge, I just did the yoga as it was free and wanted to give it a try). About twenty minutes afterwards, we were standing in the queue for food, when out of nowhere, in the depths of my intestines, it felt like a tornado weaving a path of destruction, bearing down rapidly towards the only exit. Within 30 seconds, the heat and pressure at my h*le was like nothing I have ever felt before. Not even a few warning farts, pain or any sort of rumble as what usually happens. If I had have tried to fart, it would have been a catastrophe. Panic set in and sweat rolled down my back. I darted out of the queue, cheeks clenched like a vice, as I lolloped towards the portaloos at the other side of the park. Typically, I expected to see a significant queue of people waiting to drop their waste, however, to my glorious surprise, the cubicles were ALL empty. I flung open the first door, no a**ewipe to be seen. Panic and an*l pressure increasing rapidly, went into the next one, the dam starting to leak around the edges at this stage. There must have been someone looking out for me that day, as there were four packets of domestic toilet roll, not even the vile stuff that cuts your an*s, beside a pristine latrine.

Ripped down my jeans and undergarments, and all fire and fury broke loose. I have read posts on this about pebbledashing etc – this batch of midden was in such liquid form it wasn’t even able to stick to the bowl. It squirted everywhere – downwards into the bowl, sideways across my cheeks, backwards onto the seat. The force was incredible and the smell was truly appalling, almost chemical-like. My h*le was pulsing this stuff out in spurts. I firstly sat in shock, afraid to move, then curiosity got the better of me to see what ungodly creation had come out of me. I stood up gingerly, turned around, and saw a pile of what looked like scum on top of a swamp, greenish in colour. I felt another rumble in the bowel depths, sat down, and unleashed further torrents of putrid matter. It was at this point when I noticed that the rancid liquid had dripped onto my new shoe. It must have dropped off a cheek when standing up for the inspection.

During clean up , one roll of paper was used trying to remove the mess and took a good five flushes to rid the toilet of that hellish substance. My ho*le felt as if a pitchfork was after being inserted. I gingerly emerged from the portaloo twenty minutes later, feeling a mixture of shame, dirty and shock. Waddled back to my friend, still queuing, hoping I wasn't stinking of sh1t.

Lesson learned that day – avoid hipster things such as iced coffee made with condensed milk, climate change events and yoga!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Society punter I suspect.

Not a scrap of etiquette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Always shit on the company dollar. That's pretty much all I got to say about that.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Always shit on the company dollar. That's pretty much all I got to say about that.

Good call, Mackeral, worth waiting for.....

Holding a ‘pot roast’ on the clutch for tomorrow, are we?

Top lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Just blew out a large bowl of "Semi-Skimmed"....after a generous ingestion of porter previous evening.....got an unmistakable waft from the pot that reminded me that I had gulled down a large bag of Bombay Mix as well.....

• Advertisement

Just blew out a large bowl of "Semi-Skimmed"....after a generous ingestion of porter previous evening.....got an unmistakable waft from the pot that reminded me that I had gulled down a large bag of Bombay Mix as well.....

Drop the soft closing lid, Nevin,and hook up a pipe to the Cinterhal Hatin’ you’ll heat the squat for an hour or two.

Ignore the whiff, it’s there for safety and put out the Yankee candles.

Dont turn any devices on or off..... good to go.

Cans of porter, Nevin? The boffins and eggheads up at St James’s Gate have done a fantastic job with canned Guinness, and I now prefer knocking back a dozen of them instead of strong European ‘cooking lager’.

However the canned version is even worse than the draught version for causing extremely loose and violent bowel movements the next day - the sort that are a deadly mixture of solids, liquids and gases. The sort where you wonder how bits of shït shrapnel end up under the rim and on the underside of the seat.

Huge amount of paperwork and brush work usually required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Cans of porter, Nevin? The boffins and eggheads up at St James’s Gate have done a fantastic job with canned Guinness

Agreed. I put the blessings of Jehovah on them all down in Dublin 8.
    However the canned version is even worse than the draught version for causing extremely loose and violent bowel movements the next day - the sort that are a deadly mixture of solids, liquids and gases. The sort where you wonder how bits of shït shrapnel end up under the rim and on the underside of the seat.

Huge amount of paperwork and brush work usually required

Having just dropped of some dark chocolate love muffins presently and I have to say it was a decent experience. Solid enough that there was friction but certainly not a ''porridgey'' affair by any stretch. Enjoyable. 8/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Jesus, this thread is still going! What a pile of sh*t.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

dinneenp wrote: »
    Jesus, this thread is still going! What a pile of sh*t.....

A load of dung.

Had a few pints and a curry last night, I can feel the storm coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Cans of porter, Nevin? The boffins and eggheads up at St James’s Gate have done a fantastic job with canned Guinness, and I now prefer knocking back a dozen of them instead of strong European ‘cooking lager’.

Huge amount of paperwork and brush work usually required.

There is something being used in all canned goods that causes unbelievable combustion within my engine room.
    Does not matter what's inside the cans, whether tuna, mackerel, soup or porter they make me so gassy I could blow a lump of midden most of the way across the Galway Bay the following day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Texture?

I recently polished off a few bottles of Tyskie that had been hanging around the back of the fridge along with a large bag of dark chocolate covered cashews.

Produced about a pint of what resembled Lyle's treacle over the course of a long weekend and probably burned about 2000 calories doing so.

Forget Syrup of Figs, Slophouse 13 is your only man.

• Advertisement

And the gates have opened....
    Surprisingly, a few decent solids, very little wiping necessary, easy peasy.
    I was expecting a monsoon of pastey muck to exit from the back doors.

Advertisement