Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Got a mere amount of revenge there for an ettiquette breaker there a minute ago.

In trap 1, having a fine time, when in lands a grunter, with speed, no doubt under high pressure. Huffing and puffing, loudest unzipping and dropping of keks i've ever heard.

Anyhow, obviously a shy shítter, and i could tell there was serious pressure, judging by the gasps. But by hell, he was holding on to the cargo, with the exception of a few of the Jackson 5 that were beyond his purse lip grip. So, first of all, i sat there for 5 minutes. Just to increase the anal tension.

Eventually, I decided he'd had enough, but not before the trick was played. I got up, and left. Opened the main jacks doors, then closed it to make it sound like i'd walked out.

Lads, all hell broke loose. The sense of relief that must have been experienced. There were fart noises i've never heard before - 2 toners. Simultaniously high pitched and deep bassed. And the MASSIVE "aaaahhhhhhh" out of him as he dropped off the load, sounded like a body wrapped in a carpet rolling down some stairs.

So, i burst out laughing, and just to let him know of my prescence, let out 3 or 4 good loud "tut tuts". That'll learn him not to ball into a trap when the one beside it is occupied. He'll remember ettiquette the next time.

2 tone malone

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I thought the 2-Tone Movement was to do with music in the British West Midlands...

.. but wait...

This Jaaaaacks is getting like a Ghost Jacks
    All the traps have been closed down
    Lads can't poo no more
    Too much pissing on the jacks floor

aaaaaa-a-a aaaaaa-a-a etc (not typing all that you know what I mean)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

]
    I thought the 2-Tone Movement was to do with music in the British West Midlands...

.. but wait...

All the traps have been closed down
    Lads can't poo no more
    Too much pissing on the jacks floor

aaaaaa-a-a aaaaaa-a-a etc (not typing all that you know what I mean)
    tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Got a mere amount of revenge there for an ettiquette breaker there a minute ago.

In trap 1, having a fine time, when in lands a grunter, with speed, no doubt under high pressure. Huffing and puffing, loudest unzipping and dropping of keks i've ever heard.

Anyhow, obviously a shy shítter, and i could tell there was serious pressure, judging by the gasps. But by hell, he was holding on to the cargo, with the exception of a few of the Jackson 5 that were beyond his purse lip grip. So, first of all, i sat there for 5 minutes. Just to increase the anal tension.

Eventually, I decided he'd had enough, but not before the trick was played. I got up, and left. Opened the main jacks doors, then closed it to make it sound like i'd walked out.

Lads, all hell broke loose. The sense of relief that must have been experienced. There were fart noises i've never heard before - 2 toners. Simultaniously high pitched and deep bassed. And the MASSIVE "aaaahhhhhhh" out of him as he dropped off the load, sounded like a body wrapped in a carpet rolling down some stairs.

So, i burst out laughing, and just to let him know of my prescence, let out 3 or 4 good loud "tut tuts". That'll learn him not to ball into a trap when the one beside it is occupied. He'll remember ettiquette the next time.

2 tone malone
    Beautiful!

I was in Paddy Burke's in Clarinbridge with my folks some years back and my dad slipped off to the jacks to drain the spuds so to speak. He came back in stitches laughing as some lad in the gents had been furiously and noisily evacuating his colon, probably following a surfeit of oysters and Guinness.

My dad banged on the trap door and shouted "You dirty f**ker!" and raced out before the smell hit him.

About 10 minutes later a fairly anxious looking fella emerged from the jax area looking around him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

2 tone malone

:D

We need audio recordings on here next!!!

no pics/video it must be stressed ... audio would be hilarious tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

:D

We need audio recordings on here next!!!

no pics/video it must be stressed ... audio would be hilarious tho!

An aural “assault” would still be crossing the line of common decency, but would also be morbidly hilarious. You’d want to be very careful with making any recordings as you could be mistaken for a “deviant” or a “pest”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

An aural “assault” would still be crossing the line of common decency, but would also be morbidly hilarious. You’d want to be very careful with making any recordings as you could be mistaken for a “deviant” or a “pest”.

A scatman, if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

I think producing a phone to make a recording of any variety in the toilet may have serious consequences.

I must check the legislation and see if recording the farts of a data controller contravenes any GDPR rules.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭Ecce No Homo

A little mic you clip on the inside of the toilet bowl!! Dragon's Den here I come. Live stream indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I think producing a phone to make a recording of any variety in the toilet may have serious consequences.

I must check the legislation and see if recording the farts of a data controller contravenes any GDPR rules.

I don’t think a fart is personally identifiable information.

• Advertisement

I'd say your work mates recognise the fcuking bang off you from a 100 yards.

Smelly bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

If there was a way to record the smell it would certainly be considered personally identifiable.

There are some times you walk in to the latrines and get an unmistakable fent and know that the Polish lad who eats pickled cabbage and kippers for lunch has just deposited a meaty load in the pan. An mistakable acidic fent of vinegar. If that could be recorded it would certainly be in scope for GDPR. Any unauthorised processing of such a smell clip would have the Data Protection Commissioner all over your arse.

I'd say your work mates recognise the fcuking bang off you from a 100 yards.

Smelly bastard.

You bound up or on the turps, pal?

You bound up or on the turps, pal?

Apologies for the outburst, JF. Most out of character.

Is there a reasonable expectation of privacy when farting in a public place? Maybe the Legal Discussion forum can help us out here.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Is there a reasonable expectation of privacy when farting in a public place? Maybe the Legal Discussion forum can help us out here.

What is very worrying in this digital world is the rollout of devices that listen to you - like those fools who get an Amazon Alexa in their living room. Employers can’t install cameras in the shïtters, but what’s the law on listening devices? Using AI and machine learning to identify who is using the facilities and for how long.

A dystopian world where you will be identified by the farts, squeaks and groans unique to you. Data sent to your health insurance provider that it’s a 95% confidence rating that you had 10 pints and a kebab last night. Anal acoustic monitoring. Frightening stuff.

What is very worrying in this digital world is the rollout of devices that listen to you - like those fools who get an Amazon Alexa in their living room. Employers can’t install cameras in the shïtters, but what’s the law on listening devices? Using AI and machine learning to identify who is using the facilities and for how long.

A dystopian world where you will be identified by the farts, squeaks and groans unique to you. Data sent to your health insurance provider that it’s a 95% confidence rating that you had 10 pints and a kebab last night. Anal acoustic monitoring. Frightening stuff.

Getting profiled by your farts. I'm sure the Chinese or Russians could do scary things with valuable data such as that.

You'd start getting bombarded online with advertisements for stomach remedies and air fresheners.

Fcuk that!

Getting profiled by your farts. I'm sure the Chinese or Russians could do scary things with valuable data such as that.

You'd start getting bombarded online with advertisements for stomach remedies and air fresheners.

Fcuk that!

It would almost certainly be the end or top-decking as a form of legitimate protest as well. The police state, UC.

It would almost certainly be the end or top-decking as a form of legitimate protest as well. The police state, UC.

Every toilet would be like a fingerprint machine. Faecal DNA profile.

If we lose the individuality afforded to us by our toilet routine, we are lost as a race....

Fcuk that!

Alexa has a fair amount of "data" gathered on me the last week so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Absolutely love that women. Kind of woman who'll still be super hot when she's in her 60s. That sop from Coldwad was a fool to cheat on her. I'd sit in a bath full of her brown slop.

Filthy kernt.

Alexa has a fair amount of "data" gathered on me the last week so...

'Alexa, order more toilet roll and Preparation H.'

Only one thing for it, J. The “upper-upper decking”, up to the roof and into the water tank.

Will take a while but the “scent” will start to come through the taps and cisterns. I’d recommend advising any of the colleagues you like to “refrain” from brushing their teeth in the jacks for a bit.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

'Alexa, order more toilet roll and Preparation H.'

Alexa, play the ‘brown note’.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Terrifying ANALysis :O

Only one thing for it, J. The “upper-upper decking”, up to the roof and into the water tank.

Will take a while but the “scent” will start to come through the taps and cisterns. I’d recommend advising any of the colleagues you like to “refrain” from brushing their teeth in the jacks for a bit.

Dunno about that, E.

There's been well rotted dead bodies found in water tanks before, and the users of said water never noticed.

Dunno about that, E.

There's been well rotted dead bodies found in water tanks before, and the users of said water never noticed.

Good point, H.

I’m guessing to get the full “effect” you’d probably have to “bag” up some dumps from home and tumble them into the tank.

Unless you’re dealing with a more “domestic” sized tank.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Borderfox wrote: »

"GSJ Maintenance, the company responsible for maintaining the motorway network in the Greater Dublin Area on behalf of Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII), has now urged members of the public to refrain from throwing items out of their vehicle windows and leaving hazardous material and excrement in lay-bys and on road edges."

I'd say Brendan Bendar is responsible for quite a large amount of the detritus involved. Swinging plastic bags filled to the brim with warm watery scutter out the driver window of his 1995 Datsun Sunny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

oh jebus yeah, that could lead to very awkward office scenarious !! :D:D

Advertisement