Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Tax Man,

Is that a track nut spanner mounted where the seat tube bottle cage goes? Nifty!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

It has a bottle opener too.

I suggest sticking it in your backpack or panniers, don't make it any easier for any potential thieves!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

chakattack wrote: »
    Tax Man,

Is that a track nut spanner mounted where the seat tube bottle cage goes? Nifty!

It is indeed and as DirkVoodoo said,a bottle opener on the other end. Also found the dummy brake lever you get cool if you decide to run with just one brake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

My new Sabbath Silk Road:-

Silk Road.jpg

Silk Road 1.jpg

Silk Road 2.jpg

Silk Road 3.jpg

Silk Road 4.jpg

Spec:-
    Frame 3al/2.5v titanium straight gauge tubing.
    6al/4v titanium dopouts.

Crankset SRAM Rival Compact
    Bottom Bracket Truvativ
    Front Mech SRAM Rival
    Rear Mech SRAM Rival (with a bit of Force thrown in!)
    Cassette SRAM 1070 – 12-26 Ratio
    Chain SRAM 1030
    Dual Control Levers SRAM Rival
    Brakes SRAM Rival
    Handlebar Deda Big Piega
    Stem Deda Quattro
    Seatpost Deda Metal Stick
    Headset Cane Creek
    Saddle Ritchey
    Wheels - Ambrosio
    Elite Ciussi Inox Cage

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sweeeet. What's the bottle? Oh, and your front mech is Force, not Rival. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Nice bike!

Quick question. What are the advantages of Titanium frames over other frame materials?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Lumen wrote: »
    Sweeeet. What's the bottle? :)

Bottle looks like the Camelbak Podium in Smoke/Red. Nice bottles, I have them in Frost/Black and only complaint is that the black lettering wears off after a while with the rubing from the bottle cages and the rough roads and they are fairly snug in the holders.

Sorry - meant to add the Force bit after the Front Mech.

Bottle is a Camelbak 2011 Podium Bottle.

You can't see it in the photos, but I also got red bolts to go with the cage!!

I'll be adding another cage and bottle as soon as they arrive from CRC.

So far (4 days in!!) she's proven be a sweet bit of kit! I may permanently retire the Boardman!

Bottle looks like the Camelbak Podium in Smoke/Red. Nice bottles, I have them in Frost/Black and only complaint is that the black lettering wears off after a while with the rubing from the bottle cages and the rough roads and they are fairly snug in the holders.

Yeah, I've noticed that even after a few days they're marked from the cage, but the valve system on them works very well.

Nice bike!

Quick question. What are the advantages of Titanium frames over other frame materials?

In a word - comfort - even after a few days I've noticed a significant difference - no longer is my spine serving as a shock absorber for every pimply bit of road.

Maybe it's my imagination, but I think this bike handles a bit better than the CF one because it's not prone to bouncing off the road when it hits a bump and it certainly feels a lot more solid on descents.

It won't accelerate as fast as the Boardman, which again I assume is down to the fact that the frame flexes more than the CF one so a certain amount of energy is lost - but combined with a more upright geometry, I've found it quite comfy, without losing significant speed or handling. Hopefully this weekend I'll get out to really put some decennt kms through it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Lovely bike Jawgap. The Ti club is growing.;)
    The comfort from the titanium frame is amazing when first ridden. You think it's you brain playing tricks but it's for real.

Lovely bike Jawgap. The Ti club is growing.;)
    The comfort from the titanium frame is amazing when first ridden. You think it's you brain playing tricks but it's for real.

Indeed - first spin on it, I didn't even get to the end of the road before I'd stopped to check I'd inflated my tires properly! It really takes the sting out of the road buzz.

Should be even smoother when I stick a Ti seatpost in there - I'm currently saving my pennies for one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

The new rothar. first road bike and im lovin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

That's a purty bike. Want.

Off-topic: what's going on in your fireplace?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

FTGFOP wrote: »
    That's a purty bike. Want.

Off-topic: what's going on in your fireplace?

LOL. thier cushions to stop the little one picking the fake coal out(it's a gas fire). Keeps the draft out too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

The evil eye spots everything !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

New today.

105 groupset, carbon frame in matt, which may not be to everyone's taste - it has that vaguely rough texture which say's "prototype" to me - me? I love it!

P1010142web.jpgP1010144web.jpgP1010145web.jpgP1010148web.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

nice bike, matches yer mutt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

nice bike, matches yer mutt!

Bike, dog, floor.. all looks good in black!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Beautiful bike, well wear. Love the raw carbon fibre. Will ye get some of them spacers out from under the stem though !!;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

lovely looking bike i like.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Love the intense photos!

Nice - but the dog doesn't look too impressed, especially with your cassette choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    105 groupset, carbon frame in matt, which may not be to everyone's taste - it has that vaguely rough texture which say's "prototype" to me - me? I love it!

I think that's unidirectional carbon fibre with a clear matt topcoat.

I particularly like the way you can see how they've joined it together:

129351.png

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Jawgap wrote: »
    Nice - but the dog doesn't look too impressed, especially with your cassette choice!

He's waiting for you to leave the room , so he can have a wiz on the back wheel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Walkies are no longer walkies any more, mans new best friend !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Jaysus, Paddy. You've had three goes at this now. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Not too bright me, trying to post pics and failing miserably lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Feck it Paddy, sort it out !! ;)

I really want to see this 586, really interested of getting one, so want to hear your feedback on the frame.

Advertisement