Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

iregk wrote: »
    Came across this on gumtree today. When a deal is too good to be true, it most likely is!!!

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/30/67016430.html

+1 sent an email also....cash waiting:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

imported the frame from china...an absolute steal at €390 and got the rest locally, decals done locally too...had the wheels from another tt that i sold.. well i like it anyhows...and its a flyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

imported the frame from china...an absolute steal at €390 and got the rest locally, decals done locally too...had the wheels from another tt that i sold.. well i like it anyhows...and its a flyer
    before anyone says it i wouldnt splash out for the yellow contador pedals...a bit steep for the colour i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I think I saw this in a LBS last week...Spokes? Impressive looking thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

before anyone says it i wouldnt splash out for the yellow contador pedals...a bit steep for the colour i think

If you put Contador pedals on that frame it'll crack. ;)

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

From the PBK blog......

33439_451073688743_309351868743_5334867_6333100_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

He's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

I Like his Giro, what model is that

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

He appears to be the only person in the world who bought Zipp 101s.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Gasco

Given his lack of pedals I presume he freewheels quite a bit, tough guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Gasco wrote: »
    Given his lack of pedals I presume he freewheels quite a bit, tough guy

Is there a similar expalanation for his lack of a saddle? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Recently embarked on a project for a friend of mine, and here are the results.

Not the typical thing on here but i figured i'd throw it up here for a bit of variety
    th_DSC00125.jpg

The Frame is a Junckers from holland, no idea how old. As far as i know everything is original apart from the wheels and brake callipers.Frame, fork and mudguards were completely stripped then primed painted and glossed.

I got a Sturmey 3 speed from 1976 that is incredibly smooth considering it's age. Had to cycle it home from the shop this evening while pushing my fixed gear with one hand so if any of you saw a guy on a pink bike pushing a fixed gear between phibsborough and rathgar that would have been me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Very pretty. Is that loop on the rear mudguard for pulling it out of a crowded rack I wonder?...

POW! (not mine)

cyc-1282739634-55-43693.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lumen wrote: »
    POW! (not mine)
    report.gifAgainst the spirit of the thread

Wait for your infraction.

You no likey then?

Lumen wrote: »
    You no likey then?

gorilla_western_lowland_stern_face.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

30865_1484380991792_1301889378_1348380_4428399_n.jpg

This is my bike. I have no idea what it is other than it's a Triumph, 3 gears and is a lady's. So if you wanna tell me please feel free to..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Is it perhaps a Triumph 20?

Reminds me of my first bike, a Raleigh Ranger, although it ain't one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Is it perhaps a Triumph 20?
    Yup looks very much like a triumph twenty alrite, it could also be the raliegh attempt at a triumph twenty... whose name i can't remember atm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raleigh_Bicycle_Company
    In 1939 Raleigh opened a bicycle factory at 6 Hanover Quay, Dublin, Ireland and commenced bicycle production there. The Raleigh (Ireland) business expanded and moved to 8-11 Hanover Quay, Dublin in 1943. The plant produced complete bicycles and Sturmey-Archer hubs, and remained in production until 1976, when the factory burned down. Models produced there latterly were the Chopper and Triumph 20. The head badges changed in the late 1960s, possibly after the passing of the Trade Descriptions Act in the UK. Dublin-made machines no longer had "Made in Nottingham" on the Heron or Triumph head badge, the panel being left blank instead.

There used to be a lot of Triumph 20's around Dublin.

The saddle in your picture looks like the one that used to come with the Triumph 20. Similarly for the handlebar grips. I'd say it's a Triumph 20 alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Oh wow that's it. Thanks so much.

Now I know what parts to look for when I fix it up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 savedbythebell

Wheel upgrade, white........ the perfect colour for winter :pac:

pxsoul3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Very nice look looking bike .. just put some propper brakes on it, get some sram force to finish it off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Wheel upgrade, white........ the perfect colour for winter :pac:

pxsoul3.jpg

White tyres and all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Anyone seen a Triumph 20 tethered to a patio table anywhere around here ?......

Reward for safe return of TABLE :D

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Anyone seen a Triumph 20 tethered to a patio table anywhere around here ?......

Reward for safe return of TABLE :D
    From what I've read, ones in good condition are sought after, but for quite modest sums. I imagine any demand is largely nostalgia, but I think they're rather charming bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Ya, I had one lying around last week but I dropped it into Rothar at the weekend. They're not a charmless little steed but it didn't suit my carefully crafted, debonair, dandy about town image. It was the colour I think. Pink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 savedbythebell

levitronix wrote: »
    Very nice look looking bike .. just put some propper brakes on it, get some sram force to finish it off

What improvements would i see with SRAM Brakes? The calipers seem easy enough to replace am I right?

Advertisement