Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

Probably the best 586 in the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

If Carlsberg did 586s .... :)
    jdt101 wrote: »
    Probably the best 586 in the world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Can someone does me a favour and tells this thicko how to post pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Probably easier at this stage to do a print out of it at home and post it in to the admins ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

They (you) need to unprotect them from their yahoo/flickr album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

Below the "Submit Reply" button there a section for additional options, one of which is to manage attachments. Just upload straight from your computer from there.

Raam wrote: »
    Probably easier at this stage to do a print out of it at home and post it in to the admins ;)

Yeah, probably. Although given our superb postal service, would they ever get there? And thanks for the serious advice lads, and the non-condescending 'humour'....;)

Hopefully OK now, for some reason the manage attachments window tells me the flickr url is an invalid file. But as I've said before, I'm no computer genuis...:rolleyes:

Link for flickr (viewing now public :rolleyes:) is - http://www.flickr.com/photos/paddymacsporran/5036050800/

Photos attached too, athough the quality might not be great. The Look 586 rides fantastic. Had a 595 as a loan bike from Look, the new 586 has been significantly redesigned from its original form of 3 years ago and now shares the head, top and set tubes with the 595, keeping the bottom bracket, stays and down tube of the 586. It's stiffer than the old 586, but not as stiff as the 595. This one is great for sportives and long rides IMO.

This frame is a warranty replacement, my original 586 had an issue with the top tube cable guide insert coming detached from the frame. All parts on it I rebuilt from the original - Sram red and bonty race xxx lite bars/stem, spinergy stealth pbo wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

Very nice bike. Well worth the wait :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Lovely bike!
    Handlebars @ a strange angle though eh?

just my poor photography, the bike is sitting on a downward slope and it also makes the top tube look flat when it's sloping. Just tilt yer head a bit....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

That bike LOOKs class.

Cheers for that Paddy, an absolute beauty, kicking myself I didn't hang on a bit and save some more bucks for one. Is that frame a 2010 one ?

Yep, Just picked it up from the shop last week, built it last Friday night and have ridden it 4 times since. Better than the 595 IMO, the 595 was a bit harsher, out and out race bike, 586 is more yer all day bike. Total weight with cages, pedals, pump is just under 15lbs.

Look have just changed the frame for 2011, more colour choices and a carbon front mech hanger. I'm quite happy with this though!

Paddy, just curious why did you change from a 55 to a 53 ? I was kind of torn between the two when I was looking at them earlier this year.

I'm 5' 10", so I'm on the borderline between the two sizes. The shop owner I bought it from thought I should try a 53, so he arranged the 595 in that size. The length of the top tube was ok, so I got the new one in that size.

Very interesting, whats the actual height of the Headfit thingy, just want to see how much it adds to the headtube.

The headset on the 55 only had a 5mm spacer between frame and stem. The 53 has a 20mm spacer. You can get the geometry of both on the Look website -

http://www.lookcycle.com/media/catalog/product/l/o/look_geometry_2011_35.pdf

The geometry on the 586 means it has a higher head tube than the 595, it's designed for all day rides and sportives rather than out and out racing. It's still quick, did 46 miles in 2:35 yesterday, not too shabby for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭D!armu!d

Built with veloce groupset & open pro rims...... & shimano pedals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

D!armu!d wrote: »
    Built with veloce groupset & open pro rims...... & shimano pedals

Want!:)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Might I suggest orange bar tape :)

Btw, I'll have to book an appointment with the chiropractor after looking at your image :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

took you a long time to finish the canyon , looks nice

Which Canyon is it? I've just ordered a roadlite alloy frame....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Which Canyon is it? I've just ordered a roadlite alloy frame....

The Ultimate CF frameset.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Scott Addict R3 2010

My new winter hack... commuter, summer Sunday best and all in between.

Slane Cycles did a great job with dealing with all my fussing - tis all 105 5600 except for an upgrade to Ultegra 6700 levers as they feel great and cable routing is nicer.

Best thing is they personalised the frame with my name for free!

scott1.jpg

scott2_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

flatface wrote: »
    Best thing is they personalised the frame with my name for free!

How so? In the form of a sticker or actually part of the frame's paintwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

How so? In the form of a sticker or actually part of the frame's paintwork?

I'm going to go for "Scott" as opposed to "Addict" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Yep, having "Scott" 7 times all over my bike is handy as I get older and doddery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

^^^ TT bikes are Fugly IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

^^^ TT bikes are Fugly IMO!
    it has been downhill since the 80s.

Advertisement