Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

^^^ TT bikes are Fugly IMO!

That one is. This one (not mine) is quite nice:

big_E-80_V1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

this is a good-looking TT bike...
    Look_2009_596_full_view.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Lumen wrote: »
    That one is. This one (not mine) is quite nice:

big_E-80_V1.jpg

Thinking of parting with my Giant to get one of these actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

It's subjective I guess.

This would probably turn my head if I saw it but it'd be more 'WTF?!' rather than 'OMG I want one' http://cork.gumtree.ie/cork/02/64911202.html

If TT bikes are meant to be superstiff I don't know where this would get its stiffness from unless it's solid instead of hollow but (without having scientifically analysed it) I still can't see it being that stiff with out the triangle shape. Can't think that it would accommodate heavy riders either but if it was designed with competitive cyclists in mind I guess that this wouldn't be an issue.

Btw, have any of yous down here in the sunny south seen it out on the roads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Lemag wrote: »
    It's subjective I guess.

This would probably turn my head if I saw it but it'd be more 'WTF?!' rather than 'OMG I want one' http://cork.gumtree.ie/cork/02/64911202.html

If TT bikes are meant to be superstiff I don't know where this would get its stiffness from unless it's solid instead of hollow but (without having scientifically analysed it) I still can't see it being that stiff with out the triangle shape. Can't think that it would accommodate heavy riders either but if it was designed with competitive cyclists in mind I guess that this wouldn't be an issue.

Btw, have any of yous down here in the sunny south seen it out on the roads?

It looks very much like a Softride and he mentions them in the add so I'm guessing that's where he based his design. If the tubing is shaped to suit the design then I imagine that one is relatively stiff (Same as the Kestral above).

I had a Softride mountain bike many years ago and loved it although everywhere I went people where always looking at it which probably explains why it was nicked. Very in-efficient to cycle but I still loved it!

http://www.softride.com/bikes/bikes.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

kestrel-airfoil-pro.jpg
    looks ok built up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

No it doesn't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Raam wrote: »
    No it doesn't.

A quick fix:

kestrel-airfoil-pro.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

CramCycle wrote: »
    A quick fix:

kestrel-airfoil-pro.jpg

Amazing how even MS Paint can help that bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

72hundred wrote: »
    Amazing how even MS Paint can help that bike.

I don't mean to belittle CramCycle's MS Painting skills, but it looks like a Zefal HPX pump stuck to the side of the seat stay.... (or maybe that's what he meant?).

zefal%20hpx%20pump.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I don't mean to belittle CramCycle's MS Painting skills, but it looks like a Zefal HPX pump stuck to the side of the seat stay.... (or maybe that's what he meant?).

zefal%20hpx%20pump.gif

It's OK, I was just trying to replace the part of the bike the designers missed out on, more of a hint rather than a finished piece of work, I'm no designer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

^^^ TT bikes are Fugly IMO!

You should love this....

http://triathlon.competitor.com/files/2010/10/CG1_3577.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

mloc123 wrote: »
    You should love this....

CG1_3577.jpg

Just look over the fat guys shoulder pushing the wheel chair, is that a giant bottle cage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

The wheel covers are pretty impressive,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Back on the TT bikes (not mine, but I like it)

11Scottplasmap.jpg

Looks like it would be able to shoot something down !!! i want one mmmm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Scott Plasma 3

Review here.

I particularly like the stem. Raaar!

1279885014690-17gzklq7yh7ek-500-90-500-70.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

At the other end of the TT spectrum, I came across this:

tt11.jpg
    tt8.jpg
    English-Cycles-Time-Trial-Bike-Custom-Front-Hub.jpg
    English-Cycles-Time-Trial-Bike-Integrated-Fork-and-Areo-Bars1.jpg

Nice work.

More here and here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

niceonetom wrote: »
    At the other end of the TT spectrum

I actually like the look of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

TT bikes???? Bit flash, but I do like these.

2011-FUJI_D6-1.0_M.REED.jpg

2011-FUJI_D6-2.0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

TT Bikes are ugly! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Came across this on gumtree today. When a deal is too good to be true, it most likely is!!!

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/30/67016430.html

iregk wrote: »
    Came across this on gumtree today. When a deal is too good to be true, it most likely is!!!

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/30/67016430.html

Could be stolen? I've just sent an email to them there enquiring about a viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Will tell you in 1 hour. Chap in here is enroute with two mates to view it. It's either stolen or he is about to get robbed!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The exact same ad has appeared on London gumtree.

Will tell you in 1 hour. Chap in here is enroute with two mates to view it. It's either stolen or he is about to get robbed!!!

Hope those two mates are beafy and/or have shotguns.

Any update? Your colleague still in one piece pinching himself to make sure that he's not dreaming about having just procured the bargain of the century?

• Advertisement

Lemag wrote: »
    Any update? Your colleague still in one piece pinching himself to make sure that he's not dreaming about having just procured the bargain of the century?

Some sort of scam i guess, i emailed them and they said they were out of the country and they would arrange shipping for the bike... but a while back a guy here posted about a stolen P3 similiar build, bike was robbed out the back of his jeep while rugby training or something

Advertisement