Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Shimano pedals and campag groupset :eek:

I'm not jealous honest.

I know, I know... to be replaced with Speedplays as soon as the bank balance allows:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Fap.

(not mine)

crossbergphoto_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Scaling!

I wanted the pow in your face affect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there's something about black and orange that is just so so gorgeous.

really want to put orange somewhere on my black planetx but with yellow look pedals i don't know if it would work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

levitronix wrote: »

Is there no top-cap on the fork steerer or is it just my eyesight?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

Canyons come without them so you can see how great the headset is apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

Question

Why isn't there a headset cap on my Ultimate CF/AL fork steerer?

We have done this deliberately so that you can clearly see that the new Acros I-Lock headset, which was especially developed for Canyon, no longer requires a conventional A-clamp in the fork steerer.

4987613627_c13f569887.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

^
    ^

ashtray?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

furiousox wrote: »
    ^
    ^

ashtray?

Gel holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

... and when its p1ssing down, a very aero water bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Murph100 wrote: »
    ... and when its p1ssing down, a very aero water bottle.

The water supposedly drains out. Through where is anyone's guess. I haven't found the holes on my fork.

They sell a cap seperately to cover the hole
    http://www.canyon.com/_en/accessories/articles.html?ac=Z04_03

Jeeeeeeesus €12.90 for a plastic cap ??

Then again I cant help but think having water sitting on top of you headset bearings aint the greatest idea in the world.

Seriously Lemag, beautiful bike, best of luck with it, and let us know how it rides, I'm very interested one of those frames.
    Lemag wrote: »
    The water supposedly drains out. Through where is anyone's guess. I haven't found the holes on my fork.

Jeeeeeeesus €12.90 for a plastic cap ??
    + 9.90 P&P
    Seriously Lemag, beautiful bike, best of luck with it, and let us know how it rides, I'm very interested one of those frames.

I've only been able to take it out for a couple of short spins but it feels pretty awesome so far.

:D:D:D ah the joys of online shopping !!
    + 9.90 P&P
    I've only been able to take it out for a couple of short spins but it feels pretty awesome so far.

..(with its exotic groupo) taken by my Canon

K6Wfi.jpg
    UfsY8.jpg
    3QehQ.jpg
    fyeWV.jpg
    lwAFw.jpg

Comes in at just below 6.8 with a crappy Dunnes Stores travel bag weighing device so it's touch 'n' go as to whether it's race legal. Cheers again to redmaxi for his great help with the build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

You have to take your front wheel off to see the 2 holes at the bottom of the forks.

acrosheadsetomnom.jpg

See you where brave enough to go with the orange bar tape, you should put on a set of orange and grey mith pro race

very nice bike ... took mine for the first spin today up bohernabreena to see what it felt like .. loved it !!

You have to take your front wheel off to see the 2 holes at the bottom of the forks.

Although that would have been the obvious place to look it doesn't appear to be the case with my bike as far as I can tell. If the water does drain out the only place it could be is between the fork and head tube from what I can see. Anyhow, I have a cap on it's way to me. I probably could have just used a bit of cling film ;) Have you got an Ultimate Cf yourself?
    levitronix wrote: »
    See you where brave enough to go with the orange bar tape, you should put on a set of orange and grey mith pro race

very nice bike ... took mine for the first spin today up bohernabreena to see what it felt like .. loved it !!

I didn't like the look of the orange on the frameset when I'd ordered it. It was always going to be either black bartape (safe option) or the orange to accentuate the similarly coloured bits of the frame and fork. I chose the latter and so far I like it. The first couple of photos capture quite well how it actually looks. The photo of the front profile, not so much.

When it gets a bit grubby I might just switch to the black.

Can't believe how well it handles hills and corners, btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Although that would have been the obvious place to look it doesn't appear to be the case with my bike as far as I can tell. If the water does drain out the only place it could be is between the fork and head tube from what I can see. Anyhow, I have a cap on it's way to me. I probably could have just used a bit of cling film ;) Have you got an Ultimate Cf yourself?

Yep - I have one too.

That's strange...maybe they forgot to drill it

Pour a glass of water in and see if/where it comes out!

Just put my stats into that Canyon size guide calculator thingy for the craic and it's telling me I should go for a 52cm.
    At 174cm I would have thought a 54cm was the right size for me.
    What height are you 'canyon' boys and what frame size did you go for?
    Lovely bikes btw. :)

CPL 593H

That's strange...maybe they forgot to drill it

Pour a glass of water in and see if/where it comes out!

Thanks for the suggestion. Worked a charm. I'd thought that the holes would be somewhere through carbon. Strange idea though. If one damages their fork they'd have to replace it with a Canyon presumably.
    Just put my stats into that Canyon size guide calculator thingy for the craic and it's telling me I should go for a 52cm.

I'm 171cm. Their bike fit calculator suggested that I go for the 50cm. I went for the 52cm and it feels perfect. I have a BH Carbon Classic which is also 52cm but feels a bit too big for me. I'd say you should go for the 54cm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If one damages their fork they'd have to replace it with a Canyon presumably.

Quite the cunning business minds on those Canyon folks ;)

It still looks pretty class though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

i suggest maybe you actually sit on a canyon, and see how that size frame suits you give you an idea then if 54cm will suit better.

If you're in Cork you'd be welcome to check out mine for size.

Cheers lads, I'm in Drogheda, don't think there's any canyon bikes in the neighbourhood.
    I'd be inclined to go for the 54 despite the calculator recommending 52.
    A 52 seems very small for my height.
    Anyway, it's all for research at the moment, I'll have to sell before I buy!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

How is the groupset working out, read a review that they are meant to be great value for money.

alfalad wrote: »
    How is the groupset working out, read a review that they are meant to be great value for money.

The RD arm seems to be a bit too short for getting the chain up on to 27T ring. It's working now but I might have to get another cassette just to be sure. I also had difficulty getting the chain to jump up to the larger chainring on the chainset so the FD might need a bit of manipulation. I plan to bring it to a bike shop shortly for this. The shifters feel pretty nice. Very loud click with each shift so no stealthy overtaking.
    Cheers lads, I'm in Drogheda, don't think there's any canyon bikes in the neighbourhood.
    I'd be inclined to go for the 54 despite the calculator recommending 52.
    A 52 seems very small for my height.
    Anyway, it's all for research at the moment, I'll have to sell before I buy!

You might be surprised. When the time comes for serious consideration it might be worth your while starting a thread here seeking Canyon owners in Drogheda. They seem to be the new PX.

• Advertisement

Im wondering will it take a regular cane creek headset, just been playing with the stack height id like it to go a bit lower

Advertisement