Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Have you any idea what those reflectors weigh? And as for wind resistance, that reflector on the bars is like a giant air brake.

Ignore that, retro is the way of the future, lf I could get my hands on some Kellogg's ones I'd be all over that.

Your a cyclist.

Style beats substance every time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Cabaal wrote: »
    My new Trek 1.2, not the greatest picture in the world.

Since this photo I've added another bottle cage and a cycle computer which died while out for a spin the other day :mad:

trek12.jpg

Unfortunately, there could be a BOLT CUTTERS waiting for that cable lock!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Bike-blog--the-gold-bromp-006.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/green-living-blog/2010/sep/08/gold-plated-brompton
    Sublime or ridiculous? Possibly both. A 24-carat-gold-plated Brompton S2L with a pool-ball stickshift, stop-cock hinge clamps and skateboard wheels for rollers. In other words a Brompton that has been pimped through flash, gaudy, and vulgar, out the other side into ironic, and beyond that into uber-cool. Perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Definitely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

127087.JPG

Opinions on the decals on my wheels, do think i should remove the red decals to match a frame a bit better ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I would remove the decals completely from the wheels. It will create a nice stealthy look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Definitely remove the decals there Ugly Betty, maybe leave the HED. Those are good rims.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I would put a saddle on first. Gonna be very sore otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Seen the decals on the 2010 version might try find them, they come in a metalic grey

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

colnago_c59_di2_full_view_3_600.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Raam wrote: »
    colnago_c59_di2_full_view_3_600.jpg

I read that they are only making 89 of these so you better move quick!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Planet X wrote: »
    Unfortunately, there could be a BOLT CUTTERS waiting for that cable lock!

Indeed there would be, thats why I don't use them except the day a few weeks back when I cycled to work and locked the bike inside of work property (locked yard) :D
    CramCycle wrote: »
    Ignore that, retro is the way of the future, lf I could get my hands on some Kellogg's ones I'd be all over that.

Your a cyclist.

Style beats substance every time.

I'll replace my reflectors when I get the old Kellogg's one's, I'm sure there might be some in the attic somewhere :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭LeoD

levitronix wrote: »
    Opinions on the decals on my wheels, do think i should remove the red decals to match a frame a bit better?

Add some orange bar tape...

127142.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Cabaal - why have you got two top tubes? :)

Nice bike, btw, many happy kms on it and to improve your visibility at night you should have your phone out and text furiously while cycling - the light from the screen and keypad will improve your visibility to other road users:)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

Jawgap wrote: »
    Cabaal - why have you got two top tubes? :)
    I believe that device is called a pedestrian poker or a luas licking stick?

It is also effective for signalling car and buses with your intent to out manoeuvre them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

LeoD wrote: »
    Add some orange bar tape...

Before you do you might want to check out my bike to see if you like the look of it http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67578069&postcount=12

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I believe that device is called a pedestrian poker or a luas licking stick?

Otherwise known as the largest pump that a bike can carry :D

Cabaal wrote: »
    Otherwise known as the largest pump that a bike can carry :D
    Now this is a pump. Take note people who use turbos. Imagine what you could power around the house?:)bike%20water%20pump.preview.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I haven't been on my mountain bike in a while, but I decided to pull it apart and get it back in shape the other day. I thought I'd take a pic before I get it all scruffy again.

127250.JPG

And this is my hacker for getting from A to B. She's been with me a while...

127249.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

This is my new bike, it's sooo nice...

IMG_3727.JPG

(Sorry about the picture quality it was late and a flash photo looked even worse)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

I'm pretty pleased with it, taking it to Brittany shortly:

attachment.php?attachmentid=127347&d=1284288743

^^ Very nice. Very Expensive.
    Would like one.

Self build?

Self build?

Self bought. It rides absolutely beautifully. I'm just back from a 75K spin, it just slides over all the bumps. If there's a drag from the 26"/1.75 wheels, then it's marginal. And I did a 25K trial "fully loaded" spin yesterday. Four panniers, tent, etc. It was a bit heavier going up Howth, but that was about it. Fully loaded the bike and gear was 37.5KG (that includes unnecessary things like a couple of books and a radio), plus 80KG of me.

Assuming you bought it online, how did the measurements work out? Happy enough with it?
    Was talking to Andyb last week in SJS about getting a Thorn......

Assuming you bought it online, how did the measurements work out? Happy enough with it?
    Was talking to Andyb last week in SJS about getting a Thorn......

My experience with SJS Cycle was very good. They said three weeks for delivery, but it was only 13 days from order to doorstep in the end. I guess they're not too busy at this time of year.

I wouldn't get too hung up on all the measurements they ask for. The frame is the important thing, everything else can be adjusted. The frame I ordered is 5mm longer in virtual top tube length than my other bike. Riding it, it does feel longer.

I'm leaving on a short tour on Saturday. One thing I'm pondering is whether to stick with the new Brooks, or swap in the saddle from my old bike. You read all kinds of stories of people having pain breaking in a Brooks saddle. Based on today's experience, I'm thinking it'll probably be ok to stick with the Brooks. If we get reasonable weather next week, I should get another 150K+ on it before I leave. But if it rains, I'm leaving my new baby at home, and will use my other bike.

One further comment on the bike, which won't be apparent from the picture, is that the quality of the welding on the frame is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Bought this frame last October, finally finished building it up today. Too late though to go for a decent spin.

4983207739_6635bbe4ab_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Handsome machine tawfeeredux - lovin the Ti, subtle graphics and campag. Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Shimano pedals and campag groupset :eek:

I'm not jealous honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

This was my first bike and what got me into road cycling. The picture below is not actually mine but is what I started out with although by the time I finished with it I had re-sprayed it and upgraded all parts including an upgrade to 14 gears and brake levers with cables under the bar-tape!

banana_4_162.jpg

Advertisement