Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,152 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I see Philip Ryan has another article looking in to the SF toolkit, looking at their Media playbook. Lots of very angry shinners hopping up and down that he's reporting on them again.

Weird reaction, especially as no one else really cares all that much. Think SF just have an omerta thing going on so when internal secrets are exposed they don't take it very well at all.

'Internal secrets' that they publish in handouts to party members? Yeh, right. :)

Internal secrets are the ones hacks with agenda's don't realise they are exposing in other parties.

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

Edwin Poots DUP leader warns of violence on streets if Sinn Féin block first minister appointment, I don't think there can ever be true peace and harmony in Ireland while the British presence remains.

https://www.irishnews.com/paywall/tsb/irishnews/irishnews/irishnews//news/northernirelandnews/2021/06/14/news/edwin-poots-warns-of-violence-on-streets-if-sinn-fe-in-block-first-minister-appointment-2354294/content.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

I see Philip Ryan has another article looking in to the SF toolkit, looking at their Media playbook. Lots of very angry shinners hopping up and down that he's reporting on them again.

https://twitter.com/Philip_Ryan/status/1404365819044323328

Those monsters, returning phone calls in a timely fashion. Is there no end to their sinister shenanigans Paddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,583 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Going to be an interesting week in the tortured life of Irish and NI politics. At least the public will get a measure of how serious Sinn Féin are about government. Can they hold their noses and go in with Poots and do the decent thing by the citizens of NI? Or will they use a language act that very few give a sh*t about as a figleaf to walk off and pontificate from a distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Those monsters, returning phone calls in a timely fashion. Is there no end to their sinister shenanigans Paddy?

Eh, it's an interesting story... why does everything have to be viewed as an attack? SF supporters very angry and defensive about nothing. It's weird.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Bit pointless sharing that document, I would expect all parties have similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Bit pointless sharing that document, I would expect all parties have similar.

You're right. Ryan thinking he has an exclusive when in actual fact he has sweet fa. I was involved with a communications unit in a trade union and we had similar guides with how to interact with print or radio media.

He's begining to come across now as one of Harris'/Barbara Pyms acolytes the way he's rushing to print with anything that has a SF logo.

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

Fann Linn wrote: »
    You're right. Ryan thinking he has an exclusive when in actual fact he has sweet fa. I was involved with a communications unit in a trade union and we had similar guides with how to interact with print or radio media.

He's begining to come across now as one of Harris'/Barbara Pyms acolytes the way he's rushing to print with anything that has a SF logo.

That's what it takes to be a part of the independent, they are extremely biased against Sinn Fein they are likely in a cahoots with the main parties.

The Independent has been forced to apologise by the Press Council to Sinn Féin on numerous occasions for its inaccurate and untruthful reporting including a story about an alleged “orchestrated campaign of intimidation” to “bully” RTÉ, as the Indo sensationally claimed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I mean this in all genuine honesty and I'm 100% not being flippant about the past, but to give you an analogy, if you're currently starving and somebody who before you were born had a family feud with your father offers you food at a decent price and on friendly terms, the fact that your parents didn't get on with him isn't going to matter sh!t to you. That's fundamentally what's happening here.

It's hard to say without sounding flippant but to be absolutely blunt, things have disintegrated so much since the early 2010s for many young people that they would vote for Daniel Kinahan or Ted Bundy if their stated policy objective was "remove housing administration from the hands of for-profit companies and rebuild the public service element of housing provision which Ireland maintained from 1930 to 1990".

Wouldn’t go quite as far as kinahan or Bundy but exactly this for me and a lot of my friends and colleagues. Never would have been Sinn Fein voters but situation has driven us to them on behalf of future generations housing and other needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Looks like the old Shinners are going to hold the NI Assembly to Ransome again over the nomination of the new 1st Minister & deputy, unless they get their Irish language act first :cool:

Oh dear Lord, that is so unfair on the people of NI who will probably be in limbo for another three years or more? Until SF get their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Weird reaction, especially as no one else really cares all that much. Think SF just have an omerta thing going on so when internal secrets are exposed they don't take it very well at all.

In time-honoured republican fashion, there's probably no end of touts (sic).

Looks like the old Shinners are going to hold the NI Assembly to Ransome again over the nomination of the new 1st Minister & deputy, unless they get their Irish language act first :cool:

Oh dear Lord, that is so unfair on the people of NI who will probably be in limbo for another three years or more? Until SF get their way.

Just when you think Sinn Fein are starting to act like a political party they fire up this again.

The language act was agreed on prior to Arlene stepping down. Poots could of course say let it through, he probably won't to play to his loyalist base, however the lads on here seem to think it's SF fault.

Election then so, your call Poots!

The usual crew queuing up to make it SF's fault for looking for something agreed in 2002 to be implemented. :)

The language act was agreed on prior to Arlene stepping down. Poots could of course say let it through, he probably won't to play to his loyalist base, however the lads on here seem to think it's SF fault.

I think we can all agree according to a few people on here nothing is ever Sinn Fein fault. Correct?

ineedeuro wrote: »
    I think we can all agree according to a few people on here nothing is ever Sinn Fein fault. Correct?

Do you agree that something which was legislated for should be discarded at the whim of one party?

SF are using the language act as a weapon.

So unfair.

I mean, I could understand if even half the NI population spoke & conversed in Irish, but they don't, so SF are just going to make a point by taking down the Assembly (again) until hey get their way!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

So unfair.

Do tell more please, how are they weaponising the language act?

• Advertisement

So unfair.

I mean, I could understand if even half the NI population spoke & conversed in Irish, but they don't, so SF are just going to make a point by taking down the Assembly (again) until hey get their way!

An Act which the Irish govt, the Alliance Party, SDLP, Conradh na Gaeilge, David Irvine's wife all support.

So unfair.

And not implementing it when it was agreed several times while they triumphalised and mocked was not weapinising it?

When the DUP were cheerleading Brexit and May and Boris I must have missed your posts worrying about de people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The usual crew queuing up to make it SF's fault for looking for something agreed in 2002 to be implemented. :)

Its entirely Sinn Feins fault for trying to crowbar it into an unrelated nomination for first minister.

I mean its clever politically, but let's face it, they are only shoehorning it in to put pressure on their opponent

Its entirely Sinn Feins fault for trying to crowbar it into an unrelated nomination for first minister.

I mean its clever politically, but let's face it, they are only shoehorning it in to put pressure on their opponent

How is it 'unrelated'?

They agreed to it. Implement it. Simple.

If I'm not mistaken even Westminster backed this at the start of the century.

When the DUP were cheerleading Brexit and May and Boris I must have missed your posts worrying about de people :)

Missed my posts, yes maybe you should have gone to Specsavers.

I've blasted Brexit and its supporters many times, big mistake Brexit. Flawed in so many ways.

Do you agree that something which was legislated for should be discarded at the whim of one party?

This is the article I seen
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-57460586

Sinn Fein don't believe the DUP but nobody in the DUP said it is discarded. Based on this unless you have different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Sinn Fein seems to think Poots is being dishonest. It certainly seems like he's in no hurry to bring in the language act agreed to, this side of an election.
    I don't see a crowbar I see them asking him to honor the agreement.

Stormont is a patch work hold on a problem that isn't going anywhere. It's the field hospital equivalent of a government.

Missed my posts, yes maybe you should have gone to Specsavers.

I've blasted Brexit and its supporters many times, big mistake Brexit. Flawed in so many ways.

So show me a post where you worried about the people of NI when the DUP were promoting Brexit.

• Advertisement

So show me a post where you worried about the people of NI when the DUP were promoting Brexit.

I've been worried about Brexit since the off, not only the people of NI, but here in the South too, for we're also suffering with all the new red tape and complications around Brexit, like even today there's an RTE article about the processing of Whiskey & some dairy products, and the complications regarding their status & origin!

See link > http://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2021/0614/1228079-cross-border/

Obviously the Tories & the DUP never factored in this (third country of origin) headache when they and their supporters voted for Brexit.

Advertisement