Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,997 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I've been worried about Brexit since the off, not only the people of NI, but here in the South too, for we're also suffering with all the new red tape and complications around Brexit, like even today there's an RTE article about the processing of Whiskey & some dairy products, and the complications regarding their status & origin!

See link > http://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2021/0614/1228079-cross-border/

Obviously the Tories & the DUP never factored in this (third country of origin) headache when they and their supporters voted for Brexit.

So, show me a post in the 5 years since the Brexit vote ''where you worried about what the DUP were doing to the people of NI'.

You were quick to worry for them when SF were simply asking for an agreement first made in 2002 (21 years ago) to be implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

So, show me a post in the 5 years since the Brexit vote ''where you worried about what the DUP were doing to the people of NI'.

You were quick to worry for them when SF were simply asking for an agreement first made in 2002 (21 years ago) to be implemented.

I've only been on here for two years so give me a break. And I'll be dammed if I'm going to trapse through two years of my posts just to find a reference to my dissatisfaction with the DUP & Brexit just to satisfy your needs.

I could ask you any random question too from the last five years and say come in Francie "show me the post" come on, show me where you said this or that ...

I've been steady all the time re the impact of Brexit and what a negative result it would have on this island and Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

SF have been in talks with Westminster and have asked them to enact the Language Act and then talks for MLA nominations can proceed according to Conor Murphy just now on rte

I've only been on here for two years so give me a break. And I'll be dammed if I'm going to trapse through two years of my posts just to find a reference to my dissatisfaction with the DUP & Brexit just to satisfy your needs.

I could ask you any random question too from the last five years and say come in Francie "show me the post" come on, show me where you said this or that ...

I've been steady all the time re the impact of Brexit and what a negative result it would have on this island and Britain.

You could ask me and if I was genuine I would find it. It's clear to me that you have never criticised anybody in Unionism nd Loylism specifically in 5 years of Brexit but you have SF, for harming the people of NI. That's why I asked you, to show up your one sided 'concern'.

You aren't alone, there will be plenty on here criticising SF if they make a stand. It is NEVER the right time for Irish people to stand up for themselves, that's a centuries old dictum with some.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    SF have been in talks with Westminster and have asked them to enact the Language Act and then talks for MLA nominations can proceed according to Conor Murphy just now on rte

Good to see them pressuring those ultimately responsible under the terms of the GFA. They now need to be very vocal about ensuring the Irish government live up to their guardianship of the GFA and it's ancillary agreements.

• Advertisement

Good to see them pressuring those ultimately responsible under the terms of the GFA. They now need to be very vocal about ensuring the Irish government live up to their guardianship of the GFA and it's ancillary agreements.

It's dragged on now for 16 years according to Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Oh dear, in touch with Westminster?
    They're really good at abdicating their responsibilities and shifting them.
    Who will they abdicate to when they get into power here?

No different to FFG running to Biden for help with Brexit. It's called democracy.

'Abdicating power'?

This shows the fallacy of saying SF are 'in power' in the north...they aren't and never were. They have a share of the power like everybody else in the Executive.

The 'Executive' was always your clue here Bish. It is not a government. , it is a 'devolved' government with limited powers.

The responsibilities (power) is ultimately vested in the guarantors of the GFA. And SF are simply calling on that 'power' to live up to their responsibilities. That has delivered for the people before as Westminster finally delivered on it's responsibilities on other rights given to the rest of the people's of these islands.

'Abdicating power'?

This shows the fallacy of saying SF are 'in power' in the north...they aren't and never were. They have a share of the power like everybody else in the Executive.

The 'Executive' was always your clue here Bish. It is not a government. , it is a 'devolved' government with limited powers.

The responsibilities (power) is ultimately vested in the guarantors of the GFA. And SF are simply calling on that 'power' to live up to their responsibilities. That has delivered for the people before as Westminster finally delivered on it's responsibilities on other rights given to the rest of the people's of these islands.

They've been playing a game on this.
    They will claim a victory if this Irish language act is enacted, but its already agreed it will be.
    Running to Westminster with it now is just gamesmanship.
    No agreement on a 1st minister unless it's implemented?
    Will they collapse the executive again?
    That's what it looks like they're threatening.
    Has history or democracy taught them nothing Francie.
    A bunch of wasters SF imo, can they not do anything without shifting responsibility, can they not face the responsibility of their devolvement and get the executive up and going now and democratically fight their corner there?

• Advertisement

They will claim a victory if this Irish language act is enacted, but its already agreed it will be.
    A bunch of wasters SF imo, can they not do anything without shifting responsibility, can they not face the responsibility of their devolvement and get the executive up and going now and democratically fight their corner there?

They're only waiting 16 years, do you think they should wait another 16?

No different to FFG running to Biden for help with Brexit. It's called democracy.

Not nearly a comparison, as the govt here aren't abdicating their responsibilities or collapsing the Dáil.

They're only waiting 16 years, do you think they should wait another 16?

Sure they'll soon be the largest party there, they can do it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

...and I presume Sinn Fein are about to pull down the NI Assembly yet again, until they get their way!

"Protect the Irish Language" and make it law, or we will not agree to the appointment of the new 1st Minister :cool:

And so, the people if NI are deprived of their Assembly yet again courtesy of the Shinners and their long game , which I presume is to have the Assembly permanently disassembled.

You can probably comment on this Francie.

Yep, election then so!

So no answer.

The DUP were asked and have said that it won't be implemented in this session. The DUP are attempting to do what they did on every other right AGREED in ancillary agreements to the GFA.

Would you be sitting in your comfy seat cheerleading them if they were still holding out on rights for LGBT and women's rights? They 'fought' their corner on those rights and faced illegal and improper use of Petitions Of Concern. But, no, all SF's fault. Typical stuff from you guys.

You are cheerleading DUP intransigence here BTW. As well as adopting a familiar FG (if I may single out a particular political stance) arrogance in dictating to people what is important to them. I watched this all the way through the Troubles and after. Nothing new in the arrogance...'lie down and take it and wait for Unionists and the British to be democrats'. :rolleyes:

Not nearly a comparison, as the govt here aren't abdicating their responsibilities or collapsing the Dáil.

:D:D Governments have collasped the Dáil many times. Rather that face a vote on Simon Harris's competence was the reason we had the last GE. Who do you think you are codding with this stuff?

:D:D Governments have collasped the Dáil many times. Rather that face a vote on Simon Harris's competence was the reason we had the last GE. Who do you think you are codding with this stuff?

That's true, but we've never had a 3 year wait for it to come back, we have elections, we go again, we don't run to Westminster or biden ;)

The DUP were asked and have said that it won't be implemented in this session. The DUP are attempting to do what they did on every other right AGREED in ancillary agreements to the GFA.

Would you be sitting in your comfy seat cheerleading them if they were still holding out on rights for LGBT and women's rights? They 'fought' their corner on those rights and faced illegal and improper use of Petitions Of Concern. But, no, all SF's fault. Typical stuff from you guys.

You are cheerleading DUP intransigence here BTW. As well as adopting a familiar FG (if I may single out a particular political stance) arrogance in dictating to people what is important to them. I watched this all the way through the Troubles and after. Nothing new in the arrogance...'lie down and take it and wait for Unionists and the British to be democrats'. :rolleyes:

Honestly, is that your best shot, I'm cheerleading DUP stuff?
    It's your and others default response, your against SF on something, you're a unionist or west brit. Codswallop old bean.
    What about the lads running to Boris and Co?

• Advertisement

...and I presume Sinn Fein are about to pull down the NI Assembly yet again, until they get their way!

"Protect the Irish Language" and make it law, or we will not agree to the appointment of the new 1st Minister :cool:

And so, the people if NI are deprived of their Assembly yet again courtesy of the Shinners and their long game , which I presume is to have the Assembly permanently disassembled.

You can probably comment on this Francie.

Did you find a post with you criticising the DUP for affecting the welfare of the people of the north HC?

Cause it took me two seconds to find you only last year speaking up for Arlene Foster when somebody suggested she had harmed the people of the north and f***d up Brexit'. 'Strongest and most forthright' indeed.
    Spreading discontent, fcuking up Brexit, Really?
    Not sure about either of those, but I do know that of all the leaders up there she seems to be the strongest & most forthright. Poor O'Neill got caught out in that whole sad & sorry IRA funeral fiasco, and now she's paying the price by being asked to say sorry, even if she's been told by HQ not to

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114008902&postcount=2302

That's true, but we've never had a 3 year wait for it to come back, we have elections, we go again, we don't run to Westminster or biden ;)

Why would we 'run to Westminster'?

Westminster do not have the ultimate responsibility under the terms of an international agreement, for what happens here. Or Biden.

Make some sense.

Honestly, is that your best shot, I'm cheerleading DUP stuff?
    It's your and others default response, your against SF on something, you're a unionist or west brit. Codswallop old bean.
    What about the lads running to Boris and Co?

Ultimately you are.

Should LGBTQ people and women been deprived of rights because a party who never signed up to the GFA were illegally using the POC mechanism....yes or no?

If your answer is a watery wilful misunderstanding of how the Executive works and was meant to work then you are cheerleading by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,084 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ultimately you are.

Should LGBTQ people and women been deprived of rights because a party who never signed up to the GFA were illegally using the POC mechanism....yes or no?

If your answer is a watery wilful misunderstanding of how the Executive works and was meant to work then you are cheerleading by default.

Is this an SF thread or some obtuse mumbo- jumbo about the Executive.

Why does everything you get involved in always up in obtuse semantics.

Shinners got on the back of the mica/ pyrite campaign fairly quickly.

Pity they wouldn’t concentrate on those who were involved- builders and suppliers instead of dumping on the taxpayer straight away.

Of course I believe householders involved should be fully compensated but I haven’t heard of any great effort on the part of SF to bring the other players into the equation.

Be prepared……sign of things to come…….taxpayer is screwed for everything.

Perps fade away into darkness.

Be very afraid people….

Is this an SF thread or some obtuse mumbo- jumbo about the Executive.

Why does everything you get involved in always up in obtuse semantics.

Shinners got on the back of the mica/ pyrite campaign fairly quickly.

Pity they wouldn’t concentrate on those who were involved- builders and suppliers instead of dumping on the taxpayer straight away.

Of course I believe householders involved should be fully compensated but I haven’t heard of any great effort on the part of SF to bring the other players into the equation.

Be prepared……sign of things to come…….taxpayer is screwed for everything.

Perps fade away into darkness.

Be very afraid people….

The taxpayer is always on the hook if the regulators fail Brendi. Who has oversight of the regulators? The government.
    It's the opposition's job to call the government and it's institutions and agents to account. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,223 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yeah, they are caught in a bind all right.

They have been whinging and crying for so long about an Irish Languages Act that they will look weak and craven if they don't collapse the Assembly over the failure to enact it. On the other hand, they are not stupid, and they realise that the vast majority of the population will blame them for collapsing the Assembly if they do so, and their vote will suffer again, so they think that running to Daddy in Westminister will solve it and that they won't look weak and craven.

It will be interesting to see how many posters on here fail to see through this latest pathetic diversion from SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭votecounts

The DUP agreed to enact Irish Language Legislation but refuse to do so now. No wonder SF are peed off. Seriously why are they so scared of a language act.
    This is not the 1970s where only unionists get what they want. If the Executive collapses, the blame will be put squarely on the DUP.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yeah, they are caught in a bind all right.

They have been whinging and crying for so long about an Irish Languages Act that they will look weak and craven if they don't collapse the Assembly over the failure to enact it. On the other hand, they are not stupid, and they realise that the vast majority of the population will blame them for collapsing the Assembly if they do so, and their vote will suffer again, so they think that running to Daddy in Westminister will solve it and that they won't look weak and craven.

It will be interesting to see how many posters on here fail to see through this latest pathetic diversion from SF.

No need to collapse it if the DUP let it through. Or are you happy for it to drag out for another 16 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭FullyComp

The taxpayer is always on the hook if the regulators fail Brendi. Who has oversight of the regulators? The government.

I love this logic, if I knowingly do something bad it's the government's fault for not stopping me?

Does that make Omagh or Jerry McCabe the Provos fault so as they didn't regulate the dissidents?

• Advertisement

FullyComp wrote: »
    I love this logic, if I knowingly do something bad it's the government's fault for not stopping me?

Does that make Omagh or Jerry McCabe the Provos fault so as they didn't regulate the dissidents?

Your logic, the householders knew the mica content of blocks and purchased them.

Advertisement