Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭C__MC

You can expect austin gleeson to get the hair dryer treatment by RTE at half time

Shocker of a match so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

C__MC wrote: »
    Given them an inch and they take a mile
    Kilkenny at their best

A pitch is not a mile long.

Waterford need to drag Gleeson back to centre back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I felt Waterford would need to start well tonight to have a chance. You cannot afford to hit so many bad wides, defend so poorly for the first goal and fall seven or eight behind against Kilkenny of all teams. And this with the likes of Colin Fennelly and Walter Walsh still to come on. I dont like writing a team off so early but knowing Kilkenny and how they thrive on crushing teams when on top i'm afraid the game is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Soft frees from Horgan for Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 16,343 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Waterford are very poor. Kilkenny aren't great either, yet lead by 9.

Edit: Make that 8.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Great point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

That's a brilliant score by Bennett.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭major interest

Amazing score from Bennett, doing his best in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

That's a brilliant score by Bennett.

Best of the match so far

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Soft frees from Horgan for Kilkenny

Ignores Kilkenny lads using the spare hand a lot too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

A few Kilkenny lads with yellows = Waterford need to keep running at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Referee giving Kilkenny everything even soft frees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Killkenny must thank their lucky stars they keep getting teams in semis that absolutely **** themselves. Limerick last year and Waterford this year first half.

Is it the Cody factor like how all the lesser sides feared united when ferguson was in charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Interesting to see possession stats for the 1st half, would sense waterford with more possession but my god they've been so wasteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

formerlyET wrote: »
    Is the full back responsible for both those dropped balls? Two drops - two goals. I guess now is the time to put a few dollars on waterford.

First one wasnt dropped. Just missed it completely. Although I think he was nudged /fouled when trying to catch it.
    2 very cheap goals to give away from a defensive pov.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Isn't it mad people just nearly write off Kilkenny these days but here we are now looking like two AI finals in a row. Just goes to show how good they were.

Taking our chances and that's the difference.

Kilkenny are going to win the All Ireland. 2 poxy goals Waterford asleep and every soft free Kilkenny get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Waterford trying to run it from everything, crazy given they're going 3 weeks in a row. I'd expect the legs to go around the 50 mark.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thepogues

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Killkenny must thank their lucky stars they keep getting teams in semis that absolutely **** themselves. Limerick last year and Waterford this year first half.

Is it the Cody factor like how all the lesser sides feared united when ferguson was in charge?
    Has to be a big part of it, also the fact that Kilkenny rarely (if ever!) under perform on the big stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

It's hard to know what waterford can do for the second half. They'll have to move gleeson out the field a bit. He's in at 14, but he's miles out the field anyways. He could do with using the ball better too - not taking pot shots from way out the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,915 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

One of those days for Waterford but Kilkenny are on fire and I think they can even move up gears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Looks like 3 games in 14 days strikes again, TJ and Callum Lyons been outstanding so far

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Kk could knock in another 3 goals yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Disappointing half for waterford, but still a few glimmers of hope. They've had a good few chances at running at the Kilkenny defense which could lead to goal opportunities in the 2nd half. Kilkenny didn't look too threatening after the first goal, 2nd goal was very soft. So i still think there's a chance for waterford to maybe have a good 10 min spell or so and drag themselves back into this. Last 20mins will be tough though with the 3rd week in a row.

Disappointing half for waterford, but still a few glimmers of hope. They've had a good few chances at running at the Kilkenny defense which could lead to goal opportunities in the 2nd half. Kilkenny didn't look too threatening after the first goal, 2nd goal was very soft. So i still think there's a chance for waterford to maybe have a good 10 min spell or so and drag themselves back into this. Last 20mins will be tough though with the 3rd week in a row.

Fairytale stuff. Its all over. KK V Limerick/Galway final

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

thelad95 wrote: »
    Proud Kilkenny man here, I'm disappointed in Waterford, it could be argued they've overachieved getting this far considering they hadn't won a championship game in three years but I really expected this to be a classic.

Unfortunately we're absolutely cantering and Waterford look completely one dimensional. Seems like they're reverted to Derek McGrath damage limitation and as we've seen twice when the sweeper system fails it's big big trouble. The second half will be an absolute procession.

It also looks like the occasion has gotten the better of Austin Gleeson.

Colin Fennelly will also be chomping at the bit when he comes on. All Ireland final selection at stake.

There is only 7 points in it...

• Advertisement

Why are all the Waterford players bouncing the ball on the ground off the hurley. Its pathetic.

Waterford are riddled with mistakes

Advertisement